AMD Catalyst 12.4 (8.961 April 5) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kyz, Apr 25, 2012.

1. link626

link626 Member

GPU:
    amd 6650m, nvda gtx660m
    ok ok. What did they break this time?

12.4 beta broke my 6650m clocks

2. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 SUPER
    I don't know about SMAA, but BF's FXAA ain't much more blurry than MLAA? Look at the trees on BF3... FXAA on High it does them look like a compact mass... while MLAA is much cleaner.

About Adaptive-MSAA, indeed, I'll just use just MSAA with MLAA.

3. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
    Disable all "enableulps" !!!

4. GPUCoder

GPUCoder Member

GPU:
    ATI HD5870 CF @ 1GHz
    Do these drivers have high idle clocks bug with crossfire just as 12.3WHQL (and maybe 12.4beta from what I hear) had?

If they do, I'm not going to bother and stay with 12.2beta drivers.

5. Sobtanian

Sobtanian Active Member

GPU:
    7970 crossfire-1125/1575
    done, as well as TdrLevel = 0

They break my computer entirely. I can't run anything 3D without it hardcrashing. Weird, as the betas are beautiful.

6. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Ran like crap at first..

Had a lot of difficulty getting these drivers working out. Took three tries to uninstall and reinstall with driver cleaner and sweeper. Each time my fps sucked. Like really slow. Had left over cap profiles in the uninstall section of windows and they even put up a fight with uninstalling. Noticed BSOD sometimes unistalling old caps and conflict with the AMD ATI installer and Logitech Gamecenter keyboard software.

Weird thing is that even after doing a driver cleaner or sweeper run (tried both apps) my eyefinity setup was just like before where in the past I use to have to start over and setup my screens again. So Driver sweeper/cleaner is failing to remove a part of the driver. Anyhow finally on the 4th try my games played smooth like they use to as before gpu utilization was like all over the place. And about Skyrim seems a little smoother but my third gpu in crossfire is still MIA most of the time.

Can't wait for GTX680s one of these days. Feels like ATI doesn't vet their drivers half the time..

Who knows!

7. link626

link626 Member

GPU:
    amd 6650m, nvda gtx660m
    these drivers are broken, just like the beta. AMD broke it so badly.

When I switch to my dgpu, dgpu can't detect a game that is running, so it won't ramp up the clock. It's stuck in 100/150mhz.

The only way I can force the clock to 3d mode is to visit youtube and watch a flash video to trigger hardware acceleration. THEN the dgpu will ramp up to 600/900.

and once I finish all 3d stuff, the clocks remain stuck at 600/900 during idle.

For some reason, 2d mode runs really laggy on the desktop, even running at 600/900. dragging windows isn't smooth like the igp. Right click desktop has lag and behaves like there is memory leakage.

In contrast, Catalyst 12.1 running on dgpu dynamically clocks down to 100/150 in 2d mode, and desktop performance is smooth.

Loaded up Driver San Francisco with cat 12.4 , and it stutters.

crappy.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  8. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    AIKA online's performance is way up in XP. I can literally set 24x AA, with supersampling and there's only a tiny performance hit, much less than any of the previous leaked XP drivers. Very impressive performance boost.

Edge Detect BSOD bugs seem to be fixed. Although I can't even tell if EDAA is working or not. CS:S/Aika Online doesn't BSOD anymore. Haven't tested if Summoner crashes or not, or if the flickering in Sacred 2 FA/I&B is fixed. CS:Source's performance seems to be up (no more 30 fps in smoke with 24x AA And supersampling).

x1 link speed PCIE bug is fixed completely (glad those trolls who claimed it never existed
    For W7, I'm using the 12.5 beta, FWIW (too busy playing League of Legends to test other stuff).

9. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Just played BF3 no caps installed, no flickering that i can see on any map, runs decent and stable.

will keepem.

10. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    I found a pretty serious bug in Crysiss 2 with these-you crash when you go to customizing your weapon-when I switched back to the 12.4 betas, the crash went away. Also, I have 7970 crossfire

11. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    why would you make tdr delay = 0? that would increase crashes IMO

12. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    This is the first set of drivers since 11.11 where you can install just the drivers via device mgr and not generate errors running WEI. So i'm happy. :)

13. DethZero

DethZero Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC2
    They fixed my HDMI and pc speakers audio switching problem when I switched between the TV and PC monitor. It was driving me insane in the 12.3 drivers. Do note, this is only with the HD7870 that I upgraded to. Have not had issues with my old HD4850.

So far I'm pretty happy =]

14. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    with Tri fire and eyefinity these are no good still get BSOD with any DX11 game I try.

15. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB Vision 3080 10GB
    Hmm 12.3 WHQL and earlier I usually get 50-55fps on top of Whiterun on Skyrim but with 12.4/betas I've been getting 35-40fps on the same spot, odd... anyone have similar symptoms? 6xxx cards, 7970 tested fine (1920x1080 Ultra preset)

16. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i still see it like 12.3whql, but i've never had a problem launching a dx9 game & quitting to fix it, just like when this bug appeared 2yrs ago

i guess some newer cards dont have a workaround this easy? i launch guildwars or geometrywars & gpu2 goes back to idle when they exit :pc1:

(my ULPS is off)

17. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Yeah that sucks mate, not a IOH issue?

18. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Sorry i suck with acron's what is IOH?

19. Stompya