AMD Catalyst 12.4 (8.961 April 5) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kyz, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    From release Notes:
    From Nvidia forums:
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=226244
    [​IMG]

2. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Well I decided to download 12.4 again from AMD (not Guru3d) and this time i did something I HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE and thats load them over the top of 12.3 and let it roll.

Guess What

BF3 BLUE SCREEN.

Going with 2x680 4G editions once some mug buys my 2x7970's.

Had enough.

Really.

3. Sagus

Sagus Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    Vsync on. No OCs. Enabling/disabling Hi-Res textures makes zero difference, so I'd say that's an indication that VRAM isn't the issue. Besides, even DA2's "hi-res" textures are barely that and most environments are low-poly - it's a console game first and foremost. :)

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  4. psy_parasite

psy_parasite Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950x2 OC
    not to be rude bboy-mass, but that method of driver installation is not a good pick, im running 2x7950's with these same drivers with 12.4 cap1's and no bluescreens in bf3 here. i would driver sweep it, reinstall then test.

uninstall, safe mode, delete registry entry's, run driversweeper, ccleaner registry scan fix any problems there will be some. reboot install 12.4, worked for me

5. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Trifire now working in Skyrim

Hi,

I just wanted to say I finally got trifire working in Skyrim since 12.4 caps came out but scaling is horrible and worse fps than just regular two card crossfire. Had to either enable Assassin's Creed Bro profile of Alernate frame friendly Xfire mode to get all the gpus working at once. Not sure if its a cpu limitation or poor optimization but I was also finally able to get 12.4 catalyst driver working right. Read somewhere that you have to disable crossfire off and on again, and I did that plus reset my eyefinity setup and games like Fear3 were smooth again if not better. But as far as Skyrim is concerned there was something throttling performance at 5760x1080. Got similar fps if AA+AF were up vs not on though got more fps if in game AA/AF settings were enabled vs just overriding them in the driver. So if anyone has like super uber six core overclocked powerful intel cpu I would be interested to know if your trifire scaling is any better than my old 920 @ 3.8ghz overclock..

Thanks.

6. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    skyrim is capped to max 2 gpus in the driver (& cap of course), but if you're forcing other profiles & not getting any useful scaling, that's probably why they capped it to 2....

or did you manage to beat 2 gpus speed on another forced profile? (ignore usage, only look at fps)

7. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    less fps

I managed to get all three gpus working though no more than 50-60 % utilization with about 15-20 fps less in performance. Had to turn on AFR friendly xfire mode or use assasins creed bro profile. Otherwise the default profile loads up the first two gpus only but at 90+ percent with much better fps. Was hoping that my three 6970s could carry 60 fps at 5760x1080 resolution but get 45 fps with 8x AA and 16 x AF. Maybe if I get rid some of my Skyrim tweaks it could get better. Thanks.

8. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    I had 11.11, uninstalled, swept (DriverCleanerDotNET), clean install of 12.4 WHQL and... driver package version 8.961-120405a-137813C-ATI, catalyst version 11.11 :3eyes:
    Now the auto-update thinks I have 11.11 and it's bugging me to upgrade to... 12.4 :wanker:

Funny bug.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  9. Khaotic

Khaotic New Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD 7970 DCU2
    I've been bitten by the "wrong software information being reported" bug too...

I did a complete uninstall with Driver Sweeper and even unintsalled the Asus Tweak software (running Asus 7970 CU2 card). I've actually done this a few times now - and it still shows 12.3 as my CCC version.

The odd thing is; I installed the 12.4s on my Alienware (6970 cf setup) and the version number is reported correctly. Doing the same (un)install method with Driver Sweeper.

As for it 'picking up' the last version installed - doesn't driver sweeper purge all that stale data out of the registry? So, where is it 'picking it up' from?

10. freeman28

freeman28 Guest

Why Overdrive disappears after accepting the warning?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Far as I know Driver sweeper just sweeps files, it doesn't sweep the registry

The only program I know that sweeps the registry is ATIman uninstaller, if I do a driver sweeper it will still have somethings saved, like my HDMI TV connection scaling etc

12. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    come on, the cat version is nothing, change it to 12.4 (look at my earlier pic), done

13. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    The one I use - DriverCleanerDotNET (I got it from Sapphire for free) - does sweep the reg too, but that setting must have been left untouched, perhaps it's not considered relevant.

14. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    I've tried these drivers three times and each time presented me with new issues. Skyrim running terribly even after reinstall, awful flickering in BF3, awful framerate in BF3, CTD's and so on.

So I said **** it, I went back to the 11.12's, made a custom fan profile, overclocked my 7970 to 1210/1620 @1.2v, uninstalled the App profiles, and then boom everything runs perfectly. BF3 with full AA, vysnc'd at 60. :D

The 11.12's have been the best for me so far and I've had no luck with trying any new drivers so I'm gonna stick with these for the long haul.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  15. Ikyo

Ikyo Guest

GPU:
    6970 x 2
    Did they ever fix the issue with the second card running at the lower clock speeds?

16. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i think a few people said that's fixed in 8.97

17. Harribo

Harribo New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6950
    This driver introduced the HDMI audio switching problem with my Panasonic TV. I did clean using driver cleaner in safe mode before installing the new driver.

If i change to another source (TV etc) and change it back to my desktop, i will have no sound.

Removed the HDMI driver and now it works.

18. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    sleep mode is not working...this was introduced in latest drivers...
    anyone?

19. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    12.4 Xfire broken after reboot

I have noticed that with these drivers my performance is aweful until
    I disable Xfire and then enable it back on. Have to start over after every reboot. Though I must say the fps are awesome once I turn it off and on again. Anyone notice this? Should I go 12.5 beta?

Thanks.

20. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    I auto updated from CCC 12.3 to 12.4 and having zero issues with my games.