AMD Catalyst 12.3 RC (8.950.0 February 14) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    a few ? 11 quotes in 2 posts. he is making fun of it.

2. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    And it's funny, because nvidia-bots never had any issues, never. Normal people always will post truth, like in his quotes :wanker:

3. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    oh here you go again with nvidia-bots , lol. sorry its getting old man, really old. hope you dont call me a nvidia bot lol btw i thought you hated both ?

4. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Yep, I hate both, but the most things that i hate - fanboys.
    Anyway, there will be a lot of problems, but someone have none of them, because are blind fanatics.
    Let's stay on topic and report some feedback :D

5. bl4d3runn3r

bl4d3runn3r New Member

GPU:
    2x Powercolor 7970
  6. Portuogral

Portuogral Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  7. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I find no difference with 12.3 RC Feb 14th and the one that was released on Jan 30th

Literally the same performance, I can't tell the difference

I think it was just an official release for stuff like the 5000/6000/Mobile series is all

8. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    100% agree! NVIDIA and ATI are the same ****, but...NVIDIA trolls NEVER see anything wrong with the forceware. Fanboys = trolls = garbage.
    "I buy, so..."

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  9. Valagard

Valagard Guest

FYI its against the rules to do all this Nvidia or AMD bashing

Please refrain from either, yes some Nvidia troll said they were switching from AMD to Nvidia due to "Lack of driver problems" but please don't rise to the bait, any forum goer here worth their salt and who follows video game technology knows both Nvidia and AMD have a list of problems

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

.;).

Deleted them now, and apologies for derailing the thread.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

11. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    Agree, but...You have a NVIDIA CARD, why you trolling in a AMD driver topic?

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Im not trolling. just because i have a nvidia card in my details, doesnt mean i dont have a amd card.

dont stare blind of what people have in the info tab.

13. smoney

smoney Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NITRO R9 390
    I liked the Jan 31 driver better than this one however it had a lot of stuttering in bf3. Anyone playing tribes ascend? The feb 14 driver has massive fps gains compared to the Jan 24 drivers when using the custom caps by asder00

14. DavidGX

DavidGX Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Fury X
    Does Zerocore work correctly for ANYONE here? I have two 7970s. I install new drivers, success, second one is at 0mhz core 0mhz memory and the fan is gone when nothing is using it. If I let the computer idle until the monitor turns off, success again, now the first card is shut down including the fan. After a restart... nothing. No Zerocore.

I use MSI Afterburner for overclocking but tried deleteing the profiles and using it strickly for monitoring and that didn't help, so I'm not sure if it's Afterburner or not. I even tried preventing it from starting with windows and still no Zerocore unless I reinstall drivers. Any ideas?

Edit: This is with the 12.3beta, 12.2 pre-cert and the second 11.12 7970 drivers AMD released.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  15. bryonhowley

bryonhowley Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    My media center pc with a 5850 plays all video's with DXVA or not just fine with these drivers as does my gaming rig with 2x 6950's. Both are Windows 7 64bit.

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Not directly related to these drivers, but I can't even start Tribes on a clean install.. always crashes at black screen

17. trevtrev19

trevtrev19 Active Member

Can someone help me my Idle Memory clocks are always 1000 now whichever driver i use, and wont go down, hence higher temp. Oh Yah Radeon 6850 :)

18. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    powerplay has been disabled....use atiman to clean and reainstall...

happened to me a few times..

19. trevtrev19

trevtrev19 Active Member

I figured it out by fiddling it with it some more thanks The Mac for your advice,, I guess you have to disable the 2nd Monitor (aka my new HDTV) not even displaying anything right now 1000 GPU clock, now its 150 :] Much better :]

Is it a bug to max out your memory clock when you aren't even using the TV, but the tv is still enabled?

20. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i know it sucks more juice (volts) with a 2nd monitor, but powerplay should not be disabled...

are you using Afterburner by chance? or trixx? make sure ulps is not disabled...