AMD Catalyst 12.3 (8.951.0 March 8) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    I too feel really let down by AMD. I'm 1 step ahead of selling my notebook and getting myself a 5/680 singlecard PC.

Anyone knows someone who's wanting to buy a gaming notebook with:
    2x 6970M in Crossfire
    i7 980 6x3,3 Ghz
    8GB RAM
    128GB SSD
    750GB HDD
    BlueRay
    KillerNetwork WLAN card

I know, slightly offtopic. :banana:

2. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I got my Radeon 6950 Cf to work with Catalyst 11.10 whql and 11.10 Cap 4. I've been testing every new driver(not this new one thou) and got poor gpu usage in BF3 and other games. Finally it's working! Before installing I did complete driver wipe using driver sweeper and atiman 6.31.

3. Bat_Zonko

Bat_Zonko Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    I think I may be seeing things that aren't there, but something seems off with the IQ of these drivers.

I was running the 12.4 Open CL 1.2 Betas before without any problems. But since these are the WHQL and the D3D driver is a later version, I figured I'd just clean uninstall and try them.

Installed without a hitch and had the same bench scores I had with the 12.4 Betas. So no great difference there.

I fired up Mass Effect 3 with the same settings I had before (8xMSAA w/EQ + the new MLAA). Thats where things seem off. It doesn't look as clean as it was before (texture and AA quality wise).

Going to do a clean uninstall and roll back to the 12.4 Betas and see if it is just in my head.

I should just learn to leave well enough alone :) Get it good, keep it that way.

4. Khronis

Khronis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 x2
    Texture flickering and other glitches with Skryim seem to be fixed for me. Still the problem where an odd stuttering occurs with no framerate drop when I'm in enclosed places.

5. syncore

syncore Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    Get the 680. I'm going to SLI a couple of them myself in my new system in a couple months. You don't have to be a nVidia fanboy to see which card is better between the 680 and 7970. The numbers don't lie, regardless of the mental gymnastics that people will engage in to justify the 7970

6. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Is it me, or has the temps gone up with these drivers for HD7970 users?

I know its warm in the UK at the moment, but not that warm.

R.

7. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  8. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    dl speed 1.53mb/sec all through the download will test thursday

9. mr. nails

mr. nails Member

GPU:
    AMD 6850
    Only because I'm still learning the AMD driver ways...

Why do I still need to install the 12.2 cap 1's?

What exactly do caps do? Do they just provide insta-fixes on the games for which they list for said caps? or do they do other things I'm not aware of?

Also, if I don't plan on playing any of the games listed in the updated CAP do I need to install them?

Feel free to add any other info I may need to know about caps please. Thx!

10. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    Well... nice try, skyrim is still flickering for me. The rest is working like charm guess.

11. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    I cant get the cap 1 12.2 and WHQL 12.3 combination my last ATI GPU was x1650PRO AGP since then my last GPUs was 9800GT and GTX460 1GB (cheap cooler PALIT sucks). The GTX460 chips broken after cooler replacement and now i have 6870 and cant get the CAP installation.

12. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    Agree 100%, people should stop complaining... NVIDIA drivers suck just as much if not more... maybe people should get xbox and ps3 and stop crying.

90% of the problems people bitch about on these driver threads are user error... usually from messing around with beta drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling everything a gazillion times.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  13. Stu @ MSD

Stu @ MSD Guest

GPU:
    3x HD7970 @ 1260/1950
    Ref caps...

14. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    Sorry bot I´m not agree at all, if AMD releases a driver today called 12.3 WHQL and saying, among other things that Skyrim texture fliquering is fixed on the new set, then they are accepting that the last drivers (and I´m not talking about the beta ones...) like official 12.1 or 12.2 plus the Caps the released before where not working properly on that game with crossfire. So it is not our fault for sure.

I allways do a clean install, driver sweeper and Atiman uninstaller and I don´t have any single problem with most of my games but Skyrim...

By the way... how many times is measured a gazillion times? Lol

15. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    i'm getting 2mb/sec from ati's site lol.

16. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    I have yet to try these, but I think I may stick with the RC11 drivers until 12.4 WHQL comes out. Still getting the best framerates from those...

On a side note, don't ditch your 7970 just yet...nvidia technically hasn't come out with their big boy yet. Besides, when both are overclocked they trade blows with each other. When nvidia releases the other kepler cards the 680 may go down in price.

So my brilliant plan is that I ebay my 7970 as a newer high end kepler card approaches its release and get a GTX 570 or 580 from the EVGA brand as a bridge and use their step up program to get the newer card. Does this sound logical!?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  17. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    Are the same as the 12.2 driver preview 2? Because I have installed these and they say they are catalyst 12.3, then wonder if these are the same 12.3 whql!

18. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Looks like I'll be keeping the Catalyst 12.4 beta's. As its a newer date, and the support list in this WHQL 12.3 set is featured in the 12.4 betas with more goodies.

This set when leaked was also a solid one, so this WHQL'd set should be no different.

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm starting to wonder exactly how many of those posting in these driver threads actually know how to configure a computer properly.... It's not possible for any driver set to be nearly as bad as these flame threads (yes, that's all this thread is....) make them appear to be. If every driver set was in the condition constantly described in these threads, AMD would be out of business by now.

The last time I managed to reproduce any "issues" reported in one of these threads (which always seems to be between idiotic Anti-AMD or AMD Flame posts), was also the last time I ever used driver sweeper.

20. ralphjayson

ralphjayson Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 3GB 7950 OE
    I was using 8.95.5 drivers and when I tried installing these, my computer crashed. I still haven't fixed the drivers even when i tried reinstalling the previous ones using driver sweeper before installing