AMD Catalyst 12.2 Pre-Certified Driver (16th Feb)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Maspast, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Maspast

Maspast Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD7970 Double D
  2. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    wtf.? really...??? alan wake is the only game the last decade that plays without any stutter for me...it's butter smooth...not smooth is just perfect like water...

you must have a mistake on your settings somehow...disable forced aa from ccc

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    No bro, there is major issues with Alan Wake and 7 series crossfire. There is a separate thread about this issue. Remedy and AMD are both looking into the "Instant Freeze/BSOD" issue when loading it up.

It has nothing to do with OC's AA, AF or anything off or on forced through any CP. This is something that has to be done through AMD/ATI by drivers or Remedy through a game patch/hotfix.

Thread found here http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=358813

As for this driver, this is the same driver that was posted with a date of Feb 14th. You can find it right here in this section.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=358815

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  4. MrSean490

MrSean490 Active Member

GPU:
    ref. Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Mm, but that topic says 12.3 pre cert, this is 12.2

5. Portuogral

Portuogral Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    But is the same driver. 12.2 Pre-certified shows up as 12.3 in CCC.

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    I'm going to give this a try, because I'm back on 12.1's. The previous 14 Feb drivers etc caused lockups when watching media on a second screen. That is, if watching a few shows in a row, every few hours the computer would completely lock up. It was definitely a driver issue because on 12.1's its running perfectly.

Link is the same as the previous release, hopefully the package has been updated...

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Okay, files are definitely updates, now for testing :)

8. Maspast

Maspast Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD7970 Double D
    I do not have forced AA in CCC, I just have factory shipped clocks on the 7970s which are 1000mhz.

Huge Stutters in CrossFire & with CrossFire disabled!
    CROSSFIRE ON: I have gotten a BSOD when running in Crossfire mode, including the massive stutters.
    CROSSFIRE OFF: No BSODs, however the stuttering makes it unplayable as the stutter can vary from 1sec to 20-30secs lol.

When the stutters dont occur, ofc I see that lush buttery smooth fps/gameplay.

I am not ranting on the game mate, I was waiting for this a long time. Just wanted to know if the above driver fixed it :p

9. Maspast

Maspast Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD7970 Double D
    Please tell me how it is and if you have Alan Wake tell me the stutters are gone"!!!!!!

EDIT:
    Aw crap, apologies for replying twice

10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    I made a mistake... The files are the same as before! I compared them to the wrong version. Hopefully the proper version is out soon. If the pre-release is the true non-WHQL feb version, I will have to give Feb version a miss!

Where's Marthand when you need him? :D

11. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    I have tried 12.2 and it was a major problem for me, my tri cross wouldn't work and get BSOD on almost every game.
    I have had many AMD cards and have had almost no driver problems even with crossfire and my believe was that bad AMD drivers where like Bigfoot, Locknest monster and smart women.
    Guess I was wrong ;-)

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Guys, this driver posted is 12.2 package, but has the 12.3 driver strings in it. This is the same driver that was posted before, don't let this confuse you. Its the 12.2 Pre WHQL.

It just shows up as 12.3 in CCC.

@MrSean

Yes the topic name was givin it's correct driver version, as it is in reality a hybrid of 12.2 and 12.3.

Since it has 12.3 driver strings, CCC shows it as 12.3. Though AMD names it 12.2 since the majority of the driver has 12.2 strings.