AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 November 15) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeLVekk

DeLVekk Member

GPU:
    6950 2GB
    Next fail drivers...(6950)
    When i try change core/memory clock i still see flickering. Back to 12.8 ;/

2. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you cant overclock your card, so the drivers are fail?

sorry, OC isnt guaranteed by AMD.

3. blues

blues New Member

GPU:
    XFX 7770
    Man, you need to calm down, stop being a idiot and understanding that this is a forum post to give a feedback about these damn drivers.

You´re fine with you Photoshop flickering issue because you don´t need it to work.

If Battlefield and other games works ok for you, lucky you. But I (and many others) buy this card to play and work and want to function properly.

About being an employee of Nvidia: man go out, drink some beers and get a girl... you´re paranoid.

Oh, I almost forgot: Troll and retarded are you! :thumbup:

4. usoldier

usoldier Member

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix OC
    Updated from Beta 4 still haven found even one problem with them on all the game i currently play:

BF3 - OK
    WoW - OK
    WoT - OK
    The Walking Dead - OK
    Kerbal Space Program - OK
    Hitman Absolution - OK

Still manage my oc fine so its a Winner for me.

Seams to me many of the problems related here are just down to some wierd OS problems, to some users with recuring problems just try to reinstall your windows and update your other hardware drivers.

5. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X

screenshots, or your still a troll.

lol

6. DeLVekk

DeLVekk Member

GPU:
    6950 2GB
    I can overclock my card, but when i change my clocks i see only flickering. On Catalyst 12.8 all is fine.

7. Vengeful#1

Vengeful#1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 OC 3GB
    Downloading these now to install and test, cant say that ive had any major issues with any of the cat drivers i've tried with my 7970 though. Its worked perfectly with all of them from 12.8 onwards, I can honestly say this is one of the best video cards i"ve ever owned.

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Problems that occur on one system might not occur (or be 10x worse) on a totally different system. So unless your using the same exact system as someone else, their report is just as legit as yours.

Same as above.

Same as above.

Lol. Also anyone claiming their kernel was wiped has no idea what they're talking about I bet :p

I agree with this, not much can be done to stop it though (aside from moderation I guess, which would be nice; I would of just stuck a rule somewhere that would give instant warnings and post deletions at sheer mention of this); internet anonymity and whatnot... brings out the worst in people. Don't expect it to stop though.

Above.

Wouldn't surprise me.

I've owned a few AMD/ATI graphics cards in my time, and none of them have had any "zomg computer implode flames" issues that others seem to report. With that said though, I've had my fair share of minor issues as well, and report said issues to the right place (I guarantee 90% of people who complain of issues aren't even reporting them to AMD >.>).

I've owned 1 Nvidia card, and a capacitor randomly exploded on that GPU, when the computer wasn't even in use (literally, Windows 7 was in basic graphics mode (non-Aero) with the screen sleep, nothing running, and boom). I'm not saying that all Nvidia cards are unstable and going to just randomly explode out of nowhere, but that experience alone has me... slightly concerned with a future Nvidia card purchase. That, and the issue with new drivers causing fans to stop and overheating, that apparently happened with 2 different WHQL-signed drivers.

So, with all of this in mind, here's what might be some useful tips:

- If you have a problem with a driver, do take careful notes on what is happening. Did it happen with other drivers? Are you OC'd/OV'd? Did you do anything else aside from changing graphics drivers?

- Report said issue to AMD first and foremost. Not reporting it directly to AMD is useless, and don't expect your issue to be fixed ever until you do so. Would be like me going to Microsoft's forums saying how Ubuntu has a bug where music gets deleted randomly... (how is Canonical going to know unless they randomly snoop MS's forums?)

- Each GPU vendor has it's own share of issues. No side is perfect, and that is fact. Going from AMD to Nvidia won't make your computer godlike and immune to all and any issues known to man and instantly give you 1000 FPS on all games... Same works the other direction too (Nvidia to AMD).

- Note that everyone will not have the same issues you have. Not all machines are equal (I wouldn't be surprised if nobody else had the same exact hardware as me).

- Note the threads you post in. This thread here is specifically to discuss AMD Catalyst 12.11 BETA drivers and what issues might arise from using such drivers, and potential fixes. Not "hai, I'm going to Nvidia lololol win11!1 rofl-spam-of-emote-faces".

Although really, that's all common knowledge I would think...

I downloaded beta 11 earlier on Windows 8, and haven't gotten around to installing them yet. I'll do so and report back with any news though :)

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Working fine for me these, although admittedly ive only tested Dead Space, as thats what im playing at present :p

10. sherrypizza

sherrypizza Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990M 2GB
    Well using FRAPS, I got constant 28-29 FPS everything maxed (Ultra+DX11+NO AA), now I'm not sure whether they fall in "Playable" category or not but I'm not facing any lag.

11. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Installed, working fine for me (BF3, PlanetSide2, Dishonored ...) :)

12. Valagard

Valagard Guest

@Espionage

The weirdest thing is I am often switching between Nvidia/AMD depending on whats out vs. money I have vs. performance etc etc, I've bought 5 AMD's and 3 Nvidia's over the years

I've never understood this "War" crap that goes on, nvidia users bashing AMD, AMD users bashing nvidia, this is the most childish crap on the planet, I feel like I'm back in grade school being 13 again and every moron at school arguing if the SNES or Genesis is better, or that Charizard is better then Blastoise, or for frick sakes I remember people going around arguing that the red tamagotchi's were better then the blue ones.

This unbelievable level of -STUPID- is astounding, if these aren't Nvidia marketing shills here, just WTF are these people doing with their lives?

I manage over 300 computers for various companies, not to mention the 50+ computers of friends I manage and repair, and -NONE- of them have all these damn driver issues/conflicts/crashes crap then most "replies" I see on both the AMD and Nvidia section

Like christ, I remember my 5850 having -ONE- issue over a year, and that was Borderlands 2 and the ground vanishing. I had zero issues for my 6970 and I've had one issue for my 7970 crop up -ONLY- in these beta's, which was lighting in Skyrim flashing, and that's been fixed already.

I owned a GTX 7800 where TF2 refused to work, and one driver update the fans stopped working briefly but my system shut down before there was damage, and my GTX 260 where playing Batman Arkham Asylum after about a hour of heavy PhysX set to high the graphics would start corrupting and stretching out to eternity, and that was fixed with a driver update and it wasn't even in the patch notes. Another was a driver where the entire level in Bioshock would vanish randomly, and that was another issue that was fixed with a driver update and was never acknowledged in patch notes

I go out of my way to report -ALL- bugs I find straight to AMD/Nvidia, but I also talk about them here -IN CASE SOMEBODY KNOWS HOW TO FIX IT-, like the TDR Timeout plague that's affected all modern Nvidia users in the last year and a half, which I wouldn't know how to fix unless SOMEBODY posted about it on these very forums. I've actually used this info to help 5 friends with modern Nvidia systems, one of which is a animator for various 3D companies doing commercials (He did the Spyro Skylander commercials, lots of the footage) and his laptop kept bluescreening, and the TDR setting fixed it.

My problem is all these posts asking for "Help" are not written asking for help, they all look like stagged trolling posts, but trying to fly under the radar as "Help questions" like "OMG I INSTALLED THE NEW DRIVERS AND FARCRY 3 IS GETTING 10FPS!!!" etc etc, and not talking about their systems, or if they are overclocking, or anything remotely helpful in trying to fix their problems.

And then we reach the cream of the crop stupid posts like "I WAS PLAYING BF3 AND MY SYSTEM LOCKED UP AND WHEN I REBOOTED MY KERNAL WAS WIPED OUT AND IT DELETED ALL MY FILES AND GAMES!" which is flat out bullcrap, and any person with a ounce of technical knowledge knows this is bullcrap, and drivers can't do this, even worse is his system was working correctly until -AFTER- the crash, and that makes no sense, because if he had a driver conflict he couldn't have gotten into the system after installing the "bad" drivers in the first place!

I was here the last couple of days upset about the profile bug in these beta's still not fixed after two weeks, and no word from AMD other then "A fix is coming" and yeah, because I like skyrim I had to sit and suffer for two weeks to get the fix, but they still did it and everything is great again there. AMD didn't ignore us, its not like they have a magic driver PEZ dispenser on hand that spits out drivers, they require testing etc. And yeah, the profile bug made it through testing, that happens from time to time, most importantly that happens to -BETA'S- which these are.

Just because the profiles were not fixed ASAP, I didn't say AMD was crap, or useless, or "I'M SWITCHING TO GREEN!" etc, I even admit I posted once "AMD seems to be sitting around with their thumbs up their butts ATM" cause like you even I get impatient waiting for a driver fix, and I can chalk that up to frustration. But I didn't go on a tirade of "I'M SWITCHING TO GREEN!" or "AMD ALWAYS SUCKS!" or "AMD DRIVERS NEVER WORK!" because this was a -SINGULAR- issue, not a ongoing issue, and it was one I knew was going to be fixed eventually, and I was frustrated it wasn't ASAP, but I knew would be fixed.

So yeah, I'm tired of all the trolling posts that don't talk about actual issues, or things you attempted to fix etc. I sent asder a note to possibly put up modified drivers to fix the profile bug, because I actually spent time trying to pull them apart and fix it myself but couldn't figure it out, then these came out and I went "Whelp, guess I'm off the hook"

I'm not saying you don't have a right for your hardware to work, but its the people I see posting on these forums that whine like -NOTHING EVER WORKS- that pisses me off to no end, if you want hardware that will always work, go by a XBOX or a ipad, which won't screw up (Outside of a possible hardware failure)

AMD and Nvidia care a -GREAT DEAL- about all of you guys, both users alike. But this love -ONLY- extends to you guys being customers. Hell I early adopted a 7970, just to find out that now if you buy a 7970 you get 3 free big name games with the damn thing, I didn't sit around and call AMD "Scum!" etc for it because I'm not a whiny entitled shmuck who thinks he's owned things he shouldn't expect if it wasn't available at the time, thats like saying with steam if I bought L4D2 2 days ago for $20, and then finding out today its on sale for $5 you think I should "Go demand a $15 refund?"

If this is fud throwing Nvidia users, I am going to remind you that Nvidia's love for you begins and ends at your pocket book, this "War" you are fighting is doing -NOTHING- for you, its doing -EVERYTHING- for nvidia, its putting money in their pockets, not yours. The same damn thing goes for fud throwing AMD users, you get nothing out of this, AMD gets everything out of it.

Trolls and marketers I can understand, they have established goals (Idiots vs. people that need to make a living) but the majority of you trolls who are customers, and customers alone and feel the need to "Defend" your purchase, holy crap you guys need a grip on life, again, these companies love for you begins and ends at your pocket book.

Anyways, this is way off track, I admit that much, if a mod wants to delete this whatever feel free, its just something I feel needs to be said.

People need to grow the hell up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  13. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Its just an issue of the vocal minority.

Those without issues rarely post, so it scews the appearance of problems.

14. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    [​IMG]

15. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    lol..nice

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Steam file corruption was due to the BIG PICTURE update released 1-2 days ago dude. Don't even bring this 12.11 beta 9 crap into play either. Obvions troll is obvious. That is you!

So I'm gonna tell you know, this driver did not corrupt your steam games. Steam did.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/846938351023598068/

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/846938351010616284/

I had the same problem. I had to move my steamapps folder to another driver, uninstall and reinstall steam, and move the folder back into steam's folder.

Stop being childish and blaming the driver on everything. :puke2:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  17. Terepin

Terepin Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 Ti
    EDIT: Nevermind, it was cause by something else.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  18. fr33jack

fr33jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Unfortunately there are bunch of 8-16 years old kids surfing internet these days...they can't grow up just right now due to stream of time :)

Also, we have a "some number of idiots on our planet" issue...that also can be the cause XD

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Sad but true. People 99% of the time create their own issues and won't recognize it and admit to it.

20. mdcobra

mdcobra Member

GPU:
    Club3d 7970
    Funny people @AMD:

The new driver has had some TLC from AMD, improving overall performance on a number of games. AMD's Never Settle Catalyst 12.11 driver will be available as a non-WHQL beta. A WHQL version will follow later on in November.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.