AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 December 2) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Member

GPU:
    Ati Mobility HD 5650 1GB
    @Leon_Bassel,@k1net1cs,@khanmein Hi guys, and sorry to hear about your problems
    I am also using HD 5650M but on Acer notebook and have absolutely no problems at all
    On my end they do wonders for Far Cry 3,other games (Hitman:Absolution,Dishonored,BO2,Borderlands 2) perform as same as they did with 12.10.
    Temp is a lil bit higher on idle usage but lower when gaming than previous drivers.
    But when beat 4 was out I was not able to install it at all as it didn't offer to upgrade driver no matter what i did.
    I did a clean install,used driver sweeper before that.
    You should definitely report your problems to AMD/ATI
    Also for my card&games that I play I found that 120315a-135399E-win7-Vista/without any CAP's works best but that's just my personal opinion.

2. sherrypizza

sherrypizza Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990M 2GB
    Win 8 solved all BSOD and Artifacts problems, try it. I used to have BSOD with almost every new drivers on Win 7 but with Win 8, none so far.

3. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @sicksilvo i not yet test beta 11. i give a shot again. 1st time ever get BSOD with beta driver. some more our card not switchable should b working fine.

gaming:
    GPU < 60 deg
    CPU < 70 deg

idle:
    GPU < 40 deg
    CPU < 45 deg

for ur statement, AMD Catalyst 12.3 WHQL gave u the best out of all driver? (8.96 -120315a-135399E)

i think 11.x WHQL r the best but i prefer the latest driver. always up-2-date is my attitude.

@sherrypizza beta driver never get me BSOD with W7 at all expect 12.11 beta 4. (i only tested on beta 4) which get 1st ever BSOD v new driver. i get 1st ever RSOD due to OC 800/1200 (default 450/800) with 11.x driver

i always did a clean uninstall b4 installing new driver.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  4. jackliu913

jackliu913 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti AMP Extreme
    i get random black screen as if the monitor disconnected vga adapter, i was just randomly doing desktop stuff like surfing the net. then the monitor power light goes on and off and the screen is black. wtf

5. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I get that -INCREDIBLY- randomly, I've yet to find out any reason to it

I've put in a bug report to AMD, but I cannot replicate it.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I've been having same issue while gaming or running Kombustor.

7. Leon_Bassel

Leon_Bassel Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 5650/6500 M
    i wish bro . but now am using windows 8 and ? BSOD all the time :3eyes:

as i say before i test it by my self ,every beta

12.11 beta 4

12.11 beta 7 & 8

12.11 beta 11

test it with windows 7 64 BIT AND windows 8 64 bit = the result BSOD all the time :(

oky guys What happen with AMD , why they didn't support our card ?

the first when beta 4 release , i thought maybe am doing something wrong to install my driver or what ever is..... oky lts wait a bit ...
    here our best man asder00 (thx to him ;) ) have another new beta oky lts test it WOW BSOD ... oky lts wait again .... Now after 4 release of this beta ..... ((( still CRASH )))

is there anyway to fix this? ... modify the driver.. anything.?

its very sad when you see the Best driver for BF3 ..crash :bang: cuz i want it very badly for my game :bang:

8. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970M
    Do you not read the changelogs for the drivers? If you're using the 5650M, these drivers are not going to boost your BF3 performance.

9. Leon_Bassel

Leon_Bassel Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 5650/6500 M
    Yep i already read it .. but i know so many ppl have HD 5000 series have confirm its give them FPS boost with this driver , even with hd 6000 series too

bro believe me its the best driver for BF3 & we cant use it :bang:

10. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Member

GPU:
    Ati Mobility HD 5650 1GB
    @khanmein

Yes, 12.3 drivers worked best for me all in all. Great performance in games i was playing then.
    Im not saying they are BEST drivers out there, not by a long shot :)
    Thing is, it depends on what games you are playing and how you configure your system.
    Until 12.10 i was allways rolling back to them.
    Current betas and 12.10 do great job in new games so no need for me to go back.
    "always up-2-date is my attitude." yeah i feel you on that one.

As for temp's, mine are higher by 10-14 degrees but my notebook is almost 3 years old and i never changed thermal paste. I hope they work well for you as they do for me

I think people are forgetting that beta is called so for a reason and what their purpose is, if people get bsod with WHQL then they should be worried and mad

11. thoger_kaskus

thoger_kaskus New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5850 extreme
    guys, what the function of cap 2? its just a profile or something? and installing cap 2 after install main driver 12.11 isn't it ?

12. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @sicksilvo mine also almost 3 yrs nvr change TP but did change heat-sink once b4.

for asder beta version as always concentrate more desktop GPU or newer only. mobility better wait for WHQL.

if compare 12.10 vs 12.11 for our card we can't c any big difference. if u compare 12.8, 12.9, etc.. u will c a lot improvement.

13. Luke7

Luke7 Active Member

GPU:
    4 GB
    All with BSOD or crash to desktop should check there Vcore volt.
    I am using an Intel I7-3930K + Intel DX79SI oc to 4.6 GHz
    Intel's own oc profile set's the vcore at 1.42 volt.
    With the latest AMD GPU driver, this is not enough anymore on my system.
    After some cpu test my I7-3970 needs to peak 1.4650 volt.
    I am now running my vcore at 1.47 volt with water cooling.
    Remember your system does not run 1.47 volt 24/7.
    Since then, no more BSOD or CTD in BF3.
    If you can't upper your vcore, try to down clock.

14. sherrypizza

sherrypizza Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990M 2GB
    Ok that's weird, I used to have BSOD with almost every new driver when I was on win 7, win 8 fixed that for me. Maybe that's cz of 5xxx series?

15. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970M
    Who is this we? You mean you? Which notebook do you have? On NBR those with HD5K are using it fine. Try posting there, lot of Dell users with HD5K and HD6K.

16. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Yes, it's a collection of profiles for many game-specific fixes.
    Just install it after installing the driver.

Some may tell you not to install a CAP if you do not have a CFX setup because you don't need it, but that's not true.
    Back then (some years ago) that might be true, but these days the CAPs also contain fixes for single card setups.

17. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    It was actually never true, but there was a span of time where it contained no single card fixes.

This is probobly where the misconception came from.

CAP=Catalyst Application Profiles.

CAP does not = Crossfire Application Profiles which a lot of people seem to believe.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    When the CAPs first started they were only for Xfire.

19. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    AMD never said they were only for xfire, like i said, there just werent any profiles for single card optimizations...

20. ComputerGeekz

ComputerGeekz Banned

GPU:
    XFX Double D 7970
    I emailed AMD and this is the responce I got so far.
    "I understand that you are getting HDMI sound cut outs and cracking noises. You have tried 4 different displays and cables and you also reformatted your computer. If I have missed any critical information please let me know as my suggestions may change.

Yes this has been a noted problem. The 12.11Beta drivers should have fixed this issue. My recommendation is to try another driver to see if its hardware or software issue. I would like you to cleanly remove the current display drivers and install 12.3. Catalyst 12.3 has no HDMI audio issues. If the issue continues it seems like the video card is faulty."