AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 December 2) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr New Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 970 4GB @ 1490Mhz
    eh.... but I have to ask, what does it matter if your card works fine for the most part? Moaning about drivers doesn't produce them any faster (AFAIK, maybe that's changed recently?)

I love my 7970 and the insane FPS I get even on dual monitors (yea, kinda sucks being split down the middle but I couldn't fit any more monitors on my desk). No problems in Saints Row the 3rd, Darksiders 2 or several others. Even with everything maxed its 60+ FPS.

Also before someone says I favor AMD or some crap I don't. I had a pair of GTX 275s, and a pair of GTX 480s. Nothing but issues with the 275s, every driver release was a will it work in SLI? And after a certain version SLI no longer worked. Same story on the 480s though not as bad, mainly for a few versions here and there. Had a 5750 had a few driver issues near launch but afterword it ran great. 7970 no issues except I wish I could edit my cards bios and reflash.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  2. ankinferno

ankinferno Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Buddy.. I dont know about others.. But I'm asking for a driver because there is a heck deal of problms with the 12.11 driver at least for my GPU... Benchmarking is excellent for the 12.11 Drivers but when it comes in time of gaming, the overall smoothness is lost :p

and more over i dont know wht the AMD guies are trying to create but in this driver if they have given attention to the DX 10 and above part then let me say that many games which are still not Dx11 fully are giving problems, heavy spikes in games, drop of frames etc etc..

And last but not the least, we are the customer of AMD GPU's so we have the proper right to ask for a new driver... Man, its 10th of JAN 2013..!!! even if they dont give out the driver now, they could have given some statement about the new coming driver.. :confused:

AND you.. why the hell do you want to edit the bios when each and every game is running at 60+ max..????:3eyes:

3. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Stay on topic.

4. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    where's my 13.1 catalyst it's already a 3rd of the way through January already

5. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Fixed that for ya

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    They said before they are not releasing a new driver every month like they used to. So they can concentrate on fixing the bigger bugs, and getting better performance out of their cards. I support this completely, as before I had my 4870x2 and for 5 months every driver released they still didn't fix the 2nd GPU clock bug where it would stay at 2D clocks in 3D games rending my 4870x2 as a 4870. I had to rely on TwL's modded drivers to fix this and they were amazing drivers for performance. If they want to release drivers less often they so be it.

7. Offler2

Offler2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    For now its known that there will be catalyst 13.1, and that automatic updates feature will be removed from it due small security risk.

Its 10th january so they have 21 days to release it :)

Until then 12.11 Beta 11 is still the latest, or you can also try the modded fiirepro drivers.

8. bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6530D
    12.11 Beta Drivers

Hi All

If I wanted to give 12.11 a Shot before New Offical Drivers come out, is there a special clean install Procedure on Windows 8 Pro 64bit with an AMD APU 6530D Chip? or is It better I wait for Offical ones prior to updating to any drivers?

I do have Driver Fusion installed currently

9. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    it's embarrassing...no drivers neither profiles more than a month...many bugs are not fixed and performance is bad...i still cannot enjoy far cry 3...:puke2:

mediocre gpus, bad support, amd employees are shooting themselves on foot...

they could just release one newer beta or profile...that silence makes me sick...

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its a good job you lot aren't on the other Green side, as they've been known to go 6 months without a release, bloody hell you'ld be raging, smashing your houses up, going on killing sprees the lot! :D

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013

11. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970M
    Maybe, but seems Nvidia is releasing a new beta almost every 2 weeks right now.

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

When I swap drivers, I uninstall the previous ones with Catalyst Install Manager, then run Driver Fusion (remove AMD drivers), and then run CCleaner (with CCEnhancer), then reboot back into normal Windows, and then do another passthrough with Driver Fusion (it should pick up some registry entries), and then install the new drivers.

Worked fine for me for a good while now.

13. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    i am glad i have dota 2 to unleash my rage...lol:banana::bang:

14. poedoom

poedoom Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire hd4870
    Only another 11 months go folks, then I've heard AMD will release the 12.11 beta 12 :):):)

15. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I come to this thread when there is a new post to find out if there is any important fixes, bugs and such. Instead, its just a load of people complaining...

16. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    shocker....

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Does anyone have this same setup and have the same problem with 12.11 b11 ?

Main LCD monitor: 1080p: DVI

Secondary TV Display: 1080p: HDMI

Watch a video on secondary HDMI TV while still using the PC on 1st display DVI

Result: HDMI TV video is extremely jumpy and stuttery

HDMI or DVI playing video as the only connected display is 100% smooth

With my old 6850 I could do the above completely fine with no stuttering at all

18. poedoom

poedoom Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire hd4870
    Yes I have the same setup, but no jumpy or stuttering video, I do get screen tear which I fix by setting my tv to main display, could it be a dxva problem is your direct x up to date?

19. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    I've Cat12.11 B11 + 12.11 CAP2 installed in both my main rig (in profile) and in my 3rd rig (HD6990) and so far, other than FC3 having this microstuttering issue, just about all other games run just fine. Heck, I can do BF3 maxed to the hilt @6036x1200 and framerate stays >60fps consistently. In another forum, this guy was crapping about bad performance with his CF HD7970 rig, trying to help, a couple of guys and myself recommended that he try the 12.11 B11 + CAP2 combo, since he was on 12.10 + CAP2. This guy flatly refused to try because he doen't trust Beta drivers and continued to crap about having bad performance in BF3 and suggesting that nobody's helping him fix the issue......I was like, "WTH?!", and promptly gave up.

20. goma

goma Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    The Witcher 2

Hello to all,
    I downloaded the latest version 1.1.1.0 and I configured the profile for The Witcher 2
    I try to launch the game directly from RP, but all the options that I selected doesn't work.
    I selected SMAA ultra. SweetFx, and thr OSD display for the info
    I have the Steam version, so I try to manage the option in the launcher section (Steam and custom) of RP but nothing good...
    Please, anybody can help me with the Witcher 2?

Sorry, wrong topic.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013