AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 December 2) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870m
    I did find it humorous that they can't unlock the true potential of their video card yet because they can't produce a driver for it. None-the-less I'm still on the red side for a while longer. No troll intended.

2. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    man, when is the next driver gonna come ?

i'm tired of having to disable aero when i'm bitmining, because i really like aero glass mode.

3. Nano2k

Nano2k Active Member

GPU:
    RTX2080TI
    AMD rep from overlock.net says that they were on holiday and now everyone is busy because of CES...

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    How dare they be on holiday just because its christmas and new year when theres people here screaming for new drivers, id sack them all! :p

5. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    lol...

Down with Religious Freedom!

lol

6. poedoom

poedoom Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire hd4870
    Lol the nerve of it, they wanna try sorting there current customers out instead of looking ahead, I have had my 7000 series card for 2 months now and have not even seen a whql driver in my system for obvious reasons the 12.11xx performance, my friend who had his card same day has now put it on ebay, the thing is were not trying to put AMD down we have been team red for years, but it is getting behond a joke now.

perfect example my dow2 game avg fps over 100, highest fps 217 and here's the sick one min fps 17, how the heck can my card go from 217fps down to 17fps and the textures still flicker in the game, they fixed that well.

I think the problem is the size of my games library, the more games you have the more things you notice, sort of wished I had stayed with my 6970 because I knew what I was getting with that card.

We don't want to go bankrupt buying an NVidia card that's why we are team red but we expect as customers proper driver support and to be honest this is a black mark on AMD, I wont be forgetting it in a rush.

7. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    i can't agree more. I love AMD but it really starts pissing me off. Also it seems like smaller games tend to have issues. As i said the freeware game Hedgewars or Miami Hotline. Both 2D openGL games that have strange flickering from time to time.

On the other side all 3d openGL DX10 and 11 games i own seem to work fine. DX9 has not been fixed 100% yet. That wouldn't be a big deal, if this issue wasn't present since the release already. Every new driver is a new disapointment because most things i waiting for do not get fixed.

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I'm not green team because I don't support Nvidia and their pushing of their proprietary tech (PhysX, CUDA, Tegra, etc.) that only works.. on their cards.

9. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970M
    +1 I agree also. But almost every other game is UE3 which is almost entirely Nvidia biased to me. PhysX and shadows flickering or striping. Dynamic shadows often broken. Ugh, I'm tempted on my next upgrade to go Nvidia.

10. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    That will change soon, UE3 is getting old. it came out in 2005.

11. trocio2

trocio2 Master Guru

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    What do you mean?

12. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    only reason UE3 has been around so long is because of consoles.

New consoles are due out soon. UE3 wont be advanced enough for the new hardware.

personally, im more irritated with gamebryo sticking around...That thing is ancient.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  13. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970M
    And ugly and buggy. Can you think of any game using Gambryo from Bethesda that isn't buggy? I can't. They sure love the engine though. I think they do it just to pissoff PC gamer.

14. Derko1

Derko1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Omg!!! Still no driver update!?!?!?!?!

15. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    Someone should firebomb amd`s headquarters.
    or kill a few of there employee`s.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Total disgrace, how dare they be at home with their families on Christmas day etc..., they should all be in work doing our drivers! :mad:

:p

17. Derko1

Derko1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Well... it has been a whole month without updates. It's not like they have ONLY worked on the driver during christmas day. :bang:

18. kpo6969

kpo6969 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Same story once again AMD. Lack of info on driver releases. If excuses were to be made it would be (multiple choice):
    -Latency issues that drivers need to be re-written
    -CES
    -Holiday season
    -Taking a page from Microsoft and abandoning current and legacy product support to concentrate on new and future releases
    -All of the above

19. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    just like every other software/hardware/company trying to make a buck...

whats your point?

20. ankinferno

ankinferno Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M