AMD Catalyst 12.1 Preview+OpenCL 1.2(16 Dec)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Xzibit, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Shabaco

Shabaco Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    got a nice speed increase on serious sam 3 bf3, currently on temples of nuiba level, on the last 8.930 drivers i got lag around water, but now it's smooth :)

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Just a note:
    After I driver-sweepered off the old drivers and tried this one, I reset the settings I had in AtiTrayTools.

In the standard tweaks, I unchecked 'disable block write' and enabled 'WMV Acceleration', and the system didn't like that... Display freezes etc, and quickly the system locked up. Upon reboot, same thing! but second time I managed to get into tray tools in tme to reset those two settings back to default.

I believe the offending setting is 'WMV acceleration'. Just thought I'd warn people!...

3. Shabaco

Shabaco Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Disable Block Write is meant to stay ticked as it's a tweak, as for the WMV setting, no problem here.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Thats what I meant :) I actually disabled the block write by default.

As for WMV acceleration, not sure why it was causing issues, but it was :) I guess there are bound to be a few bugs...

5. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    GV-N108TAORUS X-11G
    Downloaded, installed and seems to be running nice and fast and stable for me in Skyrim. :)

6. Wag

Wag Member

GPU:
    2GB 6950 Tri-Fire
    Heh. I noticed this driver shows 6 separate display devices in landscape mode even though I have it set up for 1 in tri-fire and a subsequent BSOD every time after exit the DX11 Arkham City.

This driver definitely is not ready for prime time.

7. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB
    Good, I think im going to try these drivers tonight. I hope to god they're better for Skyrim than 11.12 was! Those drivers are a train wreck