AMD Catalyst 11.9 [RAGE Driver] (8.892.3 October 3)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    few pages back you trolled everyone in this thread that you have no problems with the game. So which was it? Few hours of fixing problems or no problems + minority bitching? :3eyes:

PS. If this game looks great and better then anything else you saw, you have been blessed, stay that way. I envy you.

I pretty much see this all over the place:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    few hours tweaking + gorgeous game = win

We are PC gamers. a few hours tweaking is to be expected.

if you cant deal with that, go buy a console.

For me, a few hours is awesome.

i have games that took days/weeks/months....

I am a hardware expert (EE degree), i expect the most out of my hardware...and i get it...eventually...

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i dont recall trolling anyone. I do recall responding to someone who was calling the whole thing a joke.

clearly you are in that camp.

dont know what to tell you...mine doesnt look that crappy...

also, since i dont see a hud, i cant verify that you havnt zoomed/modified your rage screenie to support your anger...

4. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    It does look that crappy indoors, all the textures are made to look good from about 5m+ away, any closer things get ugly. Maybe you could excuse it if it was a true seamless open world etc.. but you have pretty much load every indoor level yet those look the worst due to hugging lots tunnels and hallways with terrible 8bit like shadows.

5. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    you are full of crap and no degree can help you. You outright lie about not having problems, then later claiming yourself that you needed few hours to fix the game and then continue to be a hypocrite about the whole thing even as going as far (read: low) as to call shenanigans on screenshot of rage. I look at all posted screenshots and game looks average, nothing special. In actual game you can even see that almost all shadows are prerendered and some that are actually dynamic sometime float over the prerendered ones making a mess.
    there is literally thousands of comments all over the internet saying the same thing people here say about graphics and bugs in the game, and the worst part is actual gameplay which is almost non-existent.

and don't even get me started on those hardware skills of yours, and how are you not trolling by mentioning them, although they are completely irrelevant to subject at hand. Or wait, are you trying to say that by using that degree of yours it took you only 4 hours to create and edit that config file that it took me 10 minutes? :3eyes:

you know what? Don't reply. I already read like 12 of your posts in this topic and quite frankly I think I might :puke2: if I read one more.

PS. I didn't make those screenshots, but, with maxed out settings game textures look like that in many areas. It's not the engine's fault, it's consoles and design decisions.

have a nice day.

PPS. I am not angry at Rage. I couldn't care less about the game. It sucks (to me) in every aspect, I will sell it and that's it.

6. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    CPU was 100%...Game was unplayable even after driver update...
    Changed CCC settings to these

AA=use app settings
    disable-catalyst A.I.
    v-sync=always off
    triple buff=unticked

Game runs @55/60fps...CPU usage is 60% now...Game is fun to play...

7. Boardryder

Boardryder New Member

GPU:
    HIS HD5870 1Gb
    *Nevermind, didn't see that it was a Guru3d man who did the tweak*
    haha, anyway...
    My RAGE is just fine with these drivers! 11.9 WHQL drivers were awful, but now I really have to try hard to get the texture pop-ups to happen, but I'm running two SSDs in RAID0. maybe that helps! Haven't tweaked the settings yet, just added command to the shortcut which means no more splash screens! Will report back as soon as I start messing with the console...

8. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Anyway, here's something I found somewhere to fix the texture popping in Rage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAezcX3dPOk

Yes, it's a YouTube video of the result but also along with a step-by-step guide on the video details.

HTH.
    And no I haven't tried it since I don't play Rage. =b

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    clearly your opinion...mine differs..

havent the faintest idea what you are going on about with the personal attacks, and i really dont care...

as i said more than once, i had some issues, i fixed them, i no longer have those issues...

i love the game, and the graphics are fantastic for me, best ive seen...

if you dont agree, i respect that, but i see no reason to try to convince others who believe otherwise of your opinion with the anger and hate...

i am currently, and will continue to, help others who are having issues...if u have a problem with that, troll elsewhere please, i gave at the office...

there are enough angry jerks on this board, and frankly, id prefer you and i not become a 2 more...

moving right along...

10. mao5

mao5 Guest

how to force crossfire ? use radeon pro or by chaning the exe name?

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    the xfire update is supposed to be out later this week.

you could try radeon pro, but honestly one 5870 should be plenty of horesepower.

12. eXisor

eXisor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 3gb
    Thanks, asder00. As always, you're a star.

13. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    This totally sucks since this is the PC port we talking about...

I know JC builds scaling into the engine but is there an "ultra" setting for high end PCs to enable all the features? Or do we have to "tweak" it to get full effects?

Someone dropped the ball if PC gamers have to "work" to make a 60 USD retail game look good. I'm going to hold out and until more reviews.

14. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    Did that and game runs smooth apart from some very long loading breaks (which is odd since it's on a ssd), but game loads lots of wrong textures now.
    Edit: tweaking config files sorted the load times, but the wrong textures loaded issue is still there.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/rage0.jpg/

Not my picture, but same issue for me.

15. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    You maybe right...Im only getting 60fps...What you getting...[​IMG]

16. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Yea...That E4300 w/2M shared L2 Cache Sucked...Get a life dude...Id bet This game will run on a old pentiumD...

17. jirka607

jirka607 Guest

GPU:
    Ati HD5650 1024MB
    Hello I installed this driver after complete uninstall of the old one but every time i want to start CCC it gives me ERROR of cli.implementation and CCC.implementation i already tried to reinstall NET.framework4 but no luck
    Thanks for any help

EDIT: normal 11.9 is working OK but the rage performance driver doesn´t.....

18. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    how's battlefield 3 with this driver?, aka, do i need to change drivers each time i switch game?

19. alphaproxima

alphaproxima Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850 @1040/1200
    im getting insane tearing... anyone else? i use max settings to lower fps and use my card at def speed and i still get it... wtf???

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Finally I fixed my problems! Who would have thought the most obvious fix would multiply performance several times.

I was having every possible problem with RAGE from random crashes to it not using my GPU resources and getting terrible frame rates no matter what I did.

I completely wiped the RAGE Performance drivers... which were installed over the preview 11.10 drivers... which were installed over 11.9 preview drivers, by uninstalling them then using driver cleaner. I installed 11.9 to see if that's better and it was far more smooth but had a lot of flickering issues.

I thought the multiple installs over each other may have been the problem so I installed the RAGE Performance drivers over 11.9 to try them again and what do you know... several times the performance.

Previously it would use usually 60-90% of the GPU (usually 70% leaving 30% unused while it lagged), run in low priority unless manually changed (start commands to run higher priority wouldn't work) while getting 15-60fps, usually 50-something standing still and 30-45 moving.

Now it's using a maximum of 40% the GPU and is at a constant 60fps. This is with everything set high in the cfg file except MSAA which I had left at 4X due to the previously bad performance.

Edit: Holy crap MSAA in the game is a huge hit, I turned it off and it uses 20-25% of the GPU to hold 60fps instead of 40%.

So if it wasn't capped at 60 I'd be getting 240-300fps with MSAA off and with everything else in the cfg file set to high.

But of course I ran into a problem, setting vsync in the config file works but it causes some characters to screw up and flicker (the insides of them can be seen). When I'm not feeling lazy I will do a completely clean install of the RAGE performance drivers to see if that fixes it.

Edit 2: More tests done. 4X AA used 40% GPU resources instead of 20-25%, but set to 32X AA it only uses 50-56%, not as much of a massive hit as going from 0 to 4.