AMD Catalyst 11.9 [RAGE Driver] (8.892.3 October 3)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Actually, your previous setting was probably better.

If you've read the part about that setting thoroughly, 128 is only the maximum possible value.
    They actually recommend setting it to 16 for most cases; dual core systems should set it to 8.
    The higher the value the more taxing it is to your system, hence the slight judder you're experiencing.

@FDisk
    ...I can only assume you haven't read page 6 of this thread.
    (but I wasn't being explicit anyway... =b)

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, I dropped it from 128 to 64 and its fine, the quicker my system renders the images I guess the better

I`m experimenting with 96 but not sure if it even supports it

3. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    great post, I was getting so much artifacting and flickering of characters it made the game almost unplayable, these drivers did the trick.

4. BladeRy

BladeRy Guest

GPU:
    XFX ATI HD5770 1gb
    Managed to get the game to fly with Rage performance drivers, but had stuttering and had to disable ATI AI. Now i get some black boxes on textures and characters.
    Guess we wait....i am out of ideas.

5. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Try setting Catalyst A.I. slider to "High Quality" and uncheck "Enable Surface Format Optimization".

6. BladeRy

BladeRy Guest

GPU:
    XFX ATI HD5770 1gb
    Tried that, still no help. Black squares keep pooping up.

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    pooping up? sounds messy..lol

8. BladeRy

BladeRy Guest

GPU:
    XFX ATI HD5770 1gb
    Well, it makes all look like crap...so its "kinda" true.

9. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ew.
    But that sounds about right, actually.
    Without extensive custom config, the game does poop on your eyes. :p

Ninja-ed...again. -.-

10. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    What? You guys didn't do the 2 week course and received a certification on configuring and optimizing the OpenGL engine before you got the game?

Pfft!

11. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    I think this should do it.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4119935&posted=1#post4119935

AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview2 [BF3 & RAGE Driver] (8.901.2 October 6)

Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series for single GPU configurations.
    Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on AMD CrossFire™ configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
    Improves performance in Rage on single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000, AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series and AMD Radeon HD 4000 series of products.
    Resolves intermittent crashing seen loading levels in Rage
    Resolves flickering of NPCs in Rage
    Enables automatic Vsync for Rage
    Enables support for AMD Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
    AMD Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have been implemented for the AMD CrossfireX™, GPU AMD Overdrive™ and Information Center pages.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU122AMDCat1110PreDriverV2.aspx

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  12. BladeRy

BladeRy Guest

GPU:
    XFX ATI HD5770 1gb
    Well, new drivers help a bit, at least no crashing when loading new level. Still have to disable Catalyst AI for the stutter. And black boxes on textures are still there.

13. sivis

sivis Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 (950 Mhz)
    Can someone just gimme the new atioglxx.dll please?

14. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
  15. sivis

sivis Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 (950 Mhz)

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    no kidding...PITA..

17. n1hilist

n1hilist Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Got the ATI Rage drivers from Guru3D but still getting character flickering, any ideas?

Loving the game, but after games like STALKER (my all time fave) and Fallout, it's really sad in a way that with all the amazing level design and graphics, I'd much have preferred a bit of RPG elements in the game and some open world exploration like STALKER.

But still, it's a solid shooter, graphics are utterly amazing, the sound is just beautiful.. nearly crapped my pants when I first heard that pistol :D

18. WaxPaper

WaxPaper Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5870 (Mobile)
    Does anyone know what the optimal settings would be for an ATI 5870 (mobile, 1GB VRAM) for these strings? A few days ago I was finally able to get RAGE playable, with a lot of help from "The Mac" regarding specific ATI driver settings, and also a handful of custom OGL options (above included) with a custom cfg file... However I did notice that RAGE was running my GPU and CPU pretty hot; as far as the CPU goes, I don't know if that's maybe because I enabled the "+jobs_numThreads 4" setting, since I have a Core i7 processor...

But as far as texture memory goes for the strings quoted above, anyone think I'd be better off halving those for my GPU? Setting them all to "4096" instead?

Also, AMD released an even NEWER driver since the "RAGE Performance Driver" on the day of release, right? Is that what people are referencing in this post? Is that the "11.10 Preview 2" noted a few posts up? Thanks!

19. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    IIRC 4096 is the default blurry textures most people are seeing at release.
    Maybe try something in-between in multiples of 1024 like 5120.

11.10 Preview 2 is basically the BF3 and Rage driver being put into one package with some additional fixes, so yeah, that's the newest one for Rage.