AMD Catalyst 11.8 WHQL (8.881 July 28) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 17, 2011.

1. sibbe

sibbe Member

GPU:
    2x XFX BE HD6870 CF
    Hey peps

Is it ok to install AMD Catalyst Application Profile - 11.7 CAP3 when i have when i have installed the latest 11.8 ?

First time ever i have CF so no idea about it.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yes its fine sibbe, and welcome aboard :)

3. sibbe

sibbe Member

GPU:
    2x XFX BE HD6870 CF
    thank you :) and thnx for fast answer :)

4. Viventis

Viventis Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI 5870
    No freezes for me but I do still get the desert crater flicker.

5. ziddy123

ziddy123 Banned

GPU:
    It doesn't matter where you get it or who brands it. It's a Clevo notebook. BTO is just a reseller. They are just sales people with a few people who know how to put in a different CPU or place a different GPU in a MXM slot which a chimpanzee could do.

And yes, all laptop manufacturers are Chinese.

The clock changes can be done by anyone, I can do it and reflash my vBIOS in under a minute. Having a vBIOS with different clock speeds HAS NO IMPACT on whether drivers will install or not.

TBH this BTO company sounds like they got morons for reps.

Your problem

The HD6970M is included. There is something wrong with your system. You did something to it. Other Clevo users with HD6970M are able to install these WHQL drivers fine. You may be able to force install it by going to device manager and update your drivers from there.

"AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series" = ati2mtag_Vancouver, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6720

As you can see it's included. It's something on your system, it's not AMD's fault here. And as said, other Clevo users with HD6970M can install them fine. Changing the clock speeds in the VBIOS has no impact at all whether you can install the drivers or not.

BTO aren't going to do anything. They don't do anything. They are just resellers. That's like believing Best Buy will create new drivers for the HP laptops they sell.

All they are going to do is ask Clevo if they have updated drivers or not. So again, all that points to is you did something weird when you uninstalled drivers on your laptop, maybe screwed up the registry or something. Either way you can try and force install the drivers from the device manager. I have a feeling that's what's going on with asder's drivers since you have to tell it to force install the drivers through his setup.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  6. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    whats these drivers like for 6970 crossfire owners ? , just purchased a second 6970 and it will be here tomorrow :)

7. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
    I have a catalyst with 11.8 installed a CF 6970 and everything runs smoothly.
    Enjoy your new CF!

8. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    -borderlands has a big performance problem (CF only?), using atiumdag.dll from 11.7 fixes it
    -ETQW freeze/crash after a few seconds, using something old like 10.4 atioglxx.dll fixes it
    -minecraft BSOD when forcing AA, using an older atioglxx.dll like 11.2 in java's folder fixes it (the older dlls blank the screen out when going out of fullscreen (alt tab to get the image back), while the newer bsod'ing drivers fixed the blank out if you dont care about forcing AA)
    -brink is faster & uses 2 gpus compared to 11.2 (which is almost as fast), but steam overlay drops the fps & there might be extra stutters or input lag now that 2 gpus are used (cpu usage is higher too, all 4 cores near max)
    -udk sparkles not fixed, my workaround is fine
    -udk not scaling even though it's supposed to be (on newer cards?), my workaround is fine
    -hydrophobia should get a CF scaling update in the CAPs sometime... for now use hl2 profile
    -section8prejudice doesnt seem to have any change even though for some reason it's in the drivers (maybe it's awaiting a CAP to enable whatever the driver is going to do to it), for now use dark void profile
    -unigine probably a little faster
    -bfbc2 not bad, sometimes see a little blank screen flicker, but only for a frame or 2, not as bad as some months ago
    -i cant confirm if the unreal engine (bulletstorm, udk) blocky sunshafts issue for 5 series cards still exists, but if it does, just use an older working atiumdag.dll

4870x2, vista64

other than those differences, 11.8 seems great

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  9. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Performance highlights:
    - Improves performance up to 10% in Crysis 2 DirectX 11 version for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
    - Improves performance up to 8% in Fear 3 DirectX 11 version with application enabled Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
    - Improves performance up to 30% when AMD’s Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) is enabled through the Catalyst™ Control Center on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
    - Improves performance up to 20% in Call of Duty Black Operations for single GPU and Multi-GPU configurations on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series

Resolved issue highlights:
    - 3DMark 11 no longer intermittently generates a BSOD error when run using a standard user account.
    - Random graphical corruption is no longer experienced when playing Crysis 2 in a Crossfire environment.
    - Enabling AntiAliasing when playing Starcraft 2 no longer causes random screen blackouts.
    - Menu corruption is no longer seen when running F.E.A.R 3 in DirectX 11 mode.
    - BSOD errors are no longer intermittently experienced after installing the driver with Crossfire enabled.

Source Steam
    So can anyone confirm that this driver are god or better in some way then
    1.8 earlier preview ones!.
    Thx!.. :banana:

10. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    why dont you install them

the fear3 fixes are only here together with the latest cap

deus ex should be ready for release with this driver+latest cap

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    I should probably mention that I haven't gotten any BSoDs since I switched to the 11.8 preview. I changed my drivers to 11.6 around the same time I changed my motherboard BIOS to a beta (for hybrid EFI support) so I thought the BIOS was the problem but it seems it was the AMD drivers after all.

Anyone experiencing BSoDs due to the WHQL 11.8 drivers?

Also is anyone going to tell me if MLAA is fixed (can apply to a window) in this version or not?

12. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    For me, the first preview freeze the system when I play Black Ops: Freeze/ audio-loop and when the image return, was monochromatic. The system did not return to work. I had to restart the PC with RESET button..

13. Tendency

Tendency Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobilit Radeon HD6970
    Wow sick post m8! :)

Well my laptop's case says BTO on it, so no clue what or who this Clevo is.. :O Anyways I will try again with the latest drivers by AMD then.

But then one thing leaves me wondering. When I tried to install the latest by AMD it gave me an error: "Hardware not Detected". But then I found these same latest drivers (v11.7 back then) modified by asder00, and they did work. What could he possibly have changed to make them detect my hardware?

Also, my laptop is a COMPLETELY clean installation of Windows 7 x64.. so i doubt there's anything wrong with my system m8. :(

14. Marcin89

Marcin89 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    I`ve got huge fps drop in Borderlands

15. WalterDasTrevas

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    System freeze...again.

My system freeze again, but this time during the driver intallation. I always install the new drivers, but ill pass the 11.8. Weird driver.

16. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    i get lower fps in farcry2 with crossfired 6970's than with a single 6970 , also same crossfired 6970's perform worse than my single gtx480 lol . which driver is recommended for 6970's in crossfire ?

17. WalterDasTrevas

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    chaotic1, I'm Using catalyst 11.6 hotfix. For my CFX, is the best. Catalyst 11.7 cause stuttering and 11.8 freeze my system.

18. dotslasher

dotslasher Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 970 GTX
    anyone else getting the idle clock bug? 400/1200 and sometimes it just stays at full speed after exiting a 3d application (game)

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah i got it, was idling at 400/1000, its because they've changed the Overdrive, its unlocked by default now, when you accept that agreement (which also allows you to view it), so i just reinstalled the 11.7's, and then downloaded the 11.8 driver on its own from the Individual Downloads Section, and just installed that, so i am now running the latest drivers, but with the 11.7's CCC, which has got the old Overdrive, so my clocks don't bugger up :)

20. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Why u guys give no benchmarks!? I am disappoint...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011