AMD Catalyst 11.8 WHQL (8.881 July 28) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    I thought AMD fixed this crap

[​IMG]

2. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Disable Morphological filtering (MLAA) option in CCC :rolleyes:

3. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Yeah yeah I know that DUH but why should I have to do that, at one point MLAA didn't effect WLM at all and then it did and then it didn't etc etc it shouldn't be doing it at all its a 2d windowed program hell my GPU's clocks don't even change

4. kraasm

kraasm New Member

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Actually.. the problem with BO is that its so badly programmed it'll cause cpu throttling, atleast on Intel core series cpus. Don't know the same issue applies for AMD cpus, but it might be worth searching around a bit to see if there's some info out there about throttling on AMD cpus.

5. Diablow

Diablow Member

GPU:
    Powercolor 6970 pcs+
    Any news about 11.9 preview ???

6. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    In last versions, WLM is using Direct2D to render the interface. Direct2D is probably hooked by the driver as it's a GPU accelerated API, and MLAA is applied to it for some reason.

7. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    how does that explain gpu driver differences ? does 11.1a somehow stop cpu throttling , u have totally lost me

8. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    yes you have Dynamic Contrast switched ON!

9. kraasm

kraasm New Member

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    the bug with the game freezing whenever there's a new sound starting, or other non specific stutterings. it causes the clock speed on the cpu to fly all over the place. atleast that what i've experienced since BO launched last year, regardless of whatever amd driver i've had installed.

edit: also, dont forget that every update treyarch release ends up breaking something else in the game.

10. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    again if 11.1a works since day of release of the driver with no problems whatsoever , not 1 stutter or anything , and every bo update since january 26th works with the driver , how is it bo or cpu throttling causing this with new drivers ?

11. Arandir83

Arandir83 Member

GPU:
    AMD dual HD Radeon 6970
    Hi guys.

I was experiencing BSOD/crashes in Shogun 2 Total War if DX11 and Crossfire were both on. Took my system to the store, fearing it was a hardware issue. But now, after reading some of your contributions, I'm starting to think it was, probably, a 11.8 driver issue. As the PC is at the store now, I can't try it by myself, but I would appreciate any help from you guys, just in case I should bother or not reverting to older drivers.

Could anyone confirm how Shogun 2 performs in a setup similar to mine? I just can't find the problem...

Thanks for your answers in advance.

12. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    i don't know but black ops is a piece of garbage. terribly programmed, terrible console port. try many, MANY other games and you'll find they dont stutter at all, with the latest drivers

13. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    read my previous posts plz before making pointless comments :bang:

14. barryso

barryso New Member

GPU:
    PowerColor AMD HD5770
    Help - Windows 7 64-bit Catalyst Driver install issues

Hi,

I've got a Sandy Bridge with Integrated GPU and External Radeon HD5770.

As the administrator, I am unable to install the latest 11.8 Catalyst driver.
    I keep getting the same unspecified error.

"Catalyst Install Manager has stopped Working"
    "...Check on line for a solution"
    "...Close the program"

This error occur almost straight away.

I have tried the various 11.8 release including the combined package installer and the smaller individual packages (e.g just the driver or just the control center.)

I have tried disabling the Intel Integrated GPU in the Device Manager, and uninstalling the Intel HD Driver and then attempting to install the catalyst drivers.

The result is always the same ... it does not work.

Help please !!!!

Additional: I also tried various previous Catalyst driver packages. Same result. I am running on Win7.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  15. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    turn the intel graphics off in bios beofre you try to install.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Unzip the package with 7zip then update driver through device manager instead of using CIM.

17. net.cat

net.cat Member

GPU:
    ATI
    I got not so good performances in FIFA 11 ... anybody else!? **** ATI and your crappy drivers .... next notebook nVidia only!:banana:

18. barryso

barryso New Member

GPU:
    PowerColor AMD HD5770
    Thanks Phill Monster,

Extracting and installing via device manger as worked - at least as far as the driver is concerned.

But the original issue that when trying to install the catalyst package (all the historical ones also fail), Just after the catalyst splash screen appears, and you are offered the Remove/Install option it crashes out.

This is disappointing not least of all because now I can't enable other features.

In my BIOS at least; (Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 you cannot disable the Integrated GPU. The best you can do is not enable it, if an external device is present. - which is its current setting.

What you also do is disable the hardware in device manager and unstall the Intel driver.

But in all honesty, the ATI drivers should be able to install properly without having to do all of this.

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Np, and yeah ATI software is just crap basically...having only just left the green team myself, having to use crappy ATI apps is like going back to the dark ages...

I know this doesn't solve ur problem but have you considered using RadeonPro or ATI Tray Tools?
    RadeonPro is basically a better version of CCC and it allows you to create profiles as well.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  20. Anthrax27

Anthrax27 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    The 11.8 Previews are decent drivers :)