AMD Catalyst 11.8 WHQL (8.881 July 28) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 17, 2011.

1. V1tol

V1tol Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    +1. Sick and tired of such stupid posts.

2. cold2010

cold2010 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 4870
  3. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    Nobody can say he never face problem with ati drivers but i never face a problem that couldn't be solved by switching driver or updating a game or READING ppl thread with same problem as me over all the hardware forum on the web. But lost of users feel lost when facing something they don't understand, or are too lazy to make some searching on the web.

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    +1 qft

5. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Master Guru

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    yu fakin retards, ahy are ju dishonoring me? and milions of others who has problems with ati drivers?
    ****in trolololos...
    wait till 7xxxx will be released and yur 6xxx card will be unsuported or BSODING all the way....
    yu will remember me that day
    iwas banned on ATI forum twice bec. trolls like yu that are dishonoring everyone... and stating there is no problems... what a blind lamein bitxes ju are....
    ****IN TROLOLOS

6. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    nobody dishonoring you or other people we just wan't ppl to stop complaining about bug that we all know some ppl had and for what nobody has the solution even carsd manufacturer, if u had problem and no solution keep quiet until somebody find the way to fix it. It useless to complaining after every drivers update, computer world is like that even the biggest industry with lot more money than anyone here facing problem with their hardware or driver it's like that since computer was invented and it will last long for sure.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    There is millions of people having ATi driver problems, theres also millions who are not, its the same for Nvidia.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  8. ziddy123

ziddy123 Banned

GPU:
    Or simply stop being stupid. Often I find there are posts whining at AMD when it's not even something they control. If a game or an engine doesn't support it, AMD can't make it magically support it. If the the error is in the game then it's the developers of that game that need to resolve it.

Again I point to, I blame stupidity for most of these complaints. I also agree, I can always use google to find an answer to something related to AMD, unless again it's the fault of the game developer.

Real answer, people are either dumb or lazy or both.

Also really annoying to read how people complain as if their world is crashing around them, as if waiting for a month for a new driver update to resolve an issue is impossible for them, their life is on the line. Really don't understand why people can't comprehend some problems maybe complex enough that it will take AMD a lot of time to resolve.

9. V1tol

V1tol Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    At first check your psu 12v rail voltage under heavy load. Overclock of your system can affect stability too. If you say with 100.500 drivers system was stable and with 100.600 not, that's because newer drivers are more optimized and use more power of your rig than earlier ones. If you are NOT sure that any component of your system IS ROCK STABLE and you DO NOT WANT to check this and are going to blame the first thing you see, then GTFO this forums NOW!

P.S. Sorry guys, but I'm fed up with people, which cannot even explain their isuues and just crying "ati bsod, ati sh*t, sh*tvidia is better"

10. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti

11. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti

I just re-read this thread... wtf!! :bang:

What is that?!

12. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Oh joy, another driver thread full of bullsh!t rather than information on the actual driver.

Let's try and keep it on topic please guys before the thread is closed altogether and infractions are handed out.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    +1, its always the same though.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  14. Russ369

Russ369 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Do I really have to bump the good ol "Why does ATI suck at the drivers?" again? Cuz I will dammit! :D

15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    I was using 11.8b with zero , 0 , nada problems. I Just installed this new 11.8 whql on my 2 rigs both with HD6950s and its working the same as the 11.8b exactly the same IQ and FPS on this games , DiRT3 , DiRT2 , NFS Hot Pursuit and HAWX2 Thank God because in the past months i had several and many problems with older drivers and those games even BSOD and GSOD on my systems. So if you do not have problems and you are using 11.8b i can reccommend you to keep it and wait until 11.9 its out. And for Gods sake people stop the trolling and name calling.

16. Tmax

Tmax Member

GPU:
    ATI 5870 Crossfire
    CCC will not open for me. Had this same issue with 11.7. It went away with 11.8 preview and now it is back with 11.8 WHQL. No idea why this is happening.

17. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    check windows\assembly and delete all files with the same token as any identifiable ATI files ( i think the token ends in 472, not sure), reboot.

that should fix it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  18. kaiokold

kaiokold Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6770M 1GB
    not working on 6770m switchable graphics , ccc dont find the radeon card , but the driver install , any ideias ? without CCC i have to use the intel HD =/

(sry for my english)

Thanks !

19. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    For me, the catalyst 11.8 install works when I reinstall the Windows 7. My problem was S.O. corrupted for some misterious ****.

20. kaiokold

kaiokold Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6770M 1GB
    Walter tu é brasileiro né ? hehe , tentei de tudo não adianta , acho que só modificando o driver mesmo , a 11.8 opengl 4.2 e a preview funcionan , TENSO hehe.Fiz restore do sistema esses dias , ficou novinho.

@english 50% haha

Walter , are u brazilian ? hehe , i try everything but dont work , i guess only modding , 11.8 opengl 4.2 e 11.8 preview works , TENSE ! i made restore days ago.

my english is very very bad , borat style , worst i guess.

I dont have ideias , im not the only one with a 6770m and 11.8 not working =/

btw , thanks !