AMD Catalyst 11.7b Hotfix (8.871 June 27)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jul 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    ASDER, Q, is it worth updating 11.7 preview for these 2x6970s.

2. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I just realized I installed these on top of the 11.6 without removing them first, and I use HDMI too, so that may be causing my BSOD's.

Going to uninstall them, run Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode, and then swap to DVI instead, and install 11.7b again. :)

3. Just

Just Member

GPU:
    6990 4GB Triple Eyefinity
    Every driver down/upgrade since 11.6 to another causes CCC to stop starting.
    Had this issue with 11.6 to 11.7 preview upgrade, then downgrade back to 11.6 - had to use drive sweep, now have the same with moving from 11.7 preview to this hotfix.
    Had to drivesweep again.
    Up to 11.5 I could normally upgrade driver or uninstall old - install new.

4. mstcobra

mstcobra Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti (H2O)
    Thanks for the mobility mod asder00

Downloading now :bounce:

5. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Yes.

I guess so, 11.7 pre was a driver aimed more at developers than gamers.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Is it me, or is the IQ better with this set, text seems really sharp, and a lot bolder, seems to stand out more, and the colours seem more rich.

7. sweanisse

sweanisse New Member

GPU:
    Powercolor Radeon HD 6850
    if this driver works I'll use it until the next update comming out

8. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    The download link leads to 11.6b not 11.7b ?

9. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Yes, but are 11.7

10. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    I checked the CC_Twitter feed and still no mention for the 11.7 release date. :3eyes:

11. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    11.7 early are working better for me.

With these im getting fps drops in witcher2, lost 10 frames on bc2 and dirt 3.

im rolling back to early 11.7+11.6cap2

12. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Someone mentioned similar quote for 11.7 dev build too!..

What does it mean? where are you seeing the enhancements. Screen shotS!!!! for IQ difference, will be very much appreciated.

13. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    Going to keep testing though i have noticed i no longer have cod4 working in crossfire drivers seem to have disabled 1 gpu.

14. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Benches from Ati-forum.de, with a HD6990 and a AMD System.

TessMark 3.0:
    [​IMG]

3DMark11:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Heaven Benchmark 2.5:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  15. mstcobra

mstcobra Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti (H2O)
    I have not had the time to really test this with all of my games yet but my 3DMark score has improved and I didn't have a crash on restart when I tried running her with a HDMI display. Will report back tomorrow or the day after, after I have had the time to really give it a run threw of various games and settings.

Also curious to test and I'll report back after I install and run this driver on the old lady's rig which had horrific crashes with 11.6 and the 1st early release of 11.7.

16. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Even with DVI I get atikmpag.sys BSOD's.

Uninstalled Catalyst Control Center and I kept the rest of the stuff, everything works great, love this drivers. :)

17. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Note these 11.7b's do NOT include the updated HDMI audio driver.

I've deleted the catalyst 11.7 modded archive from mediafire, but I've left the packages.7z file as its still valid with the latest cap profile and HDMI driver (HDMI audio driver only affects Windows 7 x64, existing 11.7b and office 11.6 etc build is 7701, this one is 7702).

Its available here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/0f0hzbvrm68zdm0/Packages.7z

Extract into the main setup folder, overwriting existing files when prompted.

When you run setup, it will install the newer HDMI audio driver, plus it will pick up the AppProfiles (the caps) folder and install that too :)

If you had previously installed the updated 11.7 previews I uploaded to mediafire without doing a complete catalyst install, the update driver won't be over-written since its already later than the 11.7b installer.
    I
    f this is the case and you have updated the 11.7b installer with package.7z, it will say the audio driver is already updated (since you previously installed build 7702). There's nothing wrong with this at all! just thought I'd mention it if you're wondering why even with the extracted packages file that its saying the audio driver is up to date :)

For everyone else on Windows 7 x64, the new 7702 build will be installed when utilising packages.7z

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  18. h2on0

h2on0 Member

GPU:
    ati 2 x 5870
    Ok, question? Everytime I install a new driver set, i.e. the new 11.7b(express install whole package) or any other say 11.6, 11.5..... does a new audio driver get installed? I thought I was updating my audio driver seperate all this time by downloading the latest Real tek ati hdmi audio driver from their website(Realtek).
    Thanks for any response.

19. samappz

samappz Active Member

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
    Anyone able to change brightness with this driver? (I am using mobility version and brightness does not change even though bar moves in windows)

20. evil_religion

evil_religion Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5870 Vapor-X
    Yes, it's working for me (non mobility).

But I have another issue:
    Sometimes my FPS are terribly slow, e.g. I have only 60 or 30 instead of 120. After a restart this ix fixed and it seems to occur total randomly.
    But until now, it hasn't occuered again after I disabled the mouse cursor shadow. When/if it will return even without mouse shadow, I will report again.
    If this applies they still weren't able to mange the mouse cursor issue.
    This is unbelievable...

Edit: Like with 11.6, there's also ugly dark flashing in Gothic 3. I don't really care since I don't play this game, but they introduced a new bug with 11.6 and didn't fix it with 11.7, it seems.