AMD Catalyst 11.6 WHQL -8.861 May 24 Left Top Corner Mouse Lag Bug!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by xtremegamer, Jun 16, 2011.

1. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

H!.....

Well Today i noticed the Mouse Cursor got stuck @ top left Corner[ it's on top of Back or forward Button] , Nw the Right Top Corner Mouse lag bug is Gone, But it's Transferred to Left has anyone Noticed this......... Please some one chk :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
  2. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Anybody..... This driver is Awsme Slight Fps Increase on Dirt 3, Witcher 2 and Crysis 2, But this Mouse Freeze on left Top Corner, is this only happening for me, i have re-installed driver several times......

3. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    No problems here. Delete your browser.

4. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

No mate im having problems, On the left top Corner on top of back or forward button, Move the cursor from Right to left immediately or slowly[ top] u will get ,wat im saying......

5. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Not a browser issue happening on Windows explorer and in Browser too.....

6. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

The funny thing is when i tried to record the problem with "Camtasia Studio and enable Recording this Top left corner lag goes.......

7. vebero

vebero Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD 5750 850/1075MHz
    Hmm, I noticed the left side cursor freeze here as well :(

8. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

hmmm Finally One.... Glad u noticed it Keep Counting.....

9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I noticed it too.

10. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

hmm wat to do..... This driver is good in performance, But bugs still exists, never ending.... i have tried disabling Pointer Shadow, still get freezing!!!

11. zver999

zver999 New Member

Yepp, now this is just bizzare! Never ATI, ever again...

12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    CatalystCreator Andrew D

For Mouse cursor issue: 11.6 should fix for just about all situations. 11.7 will 100% resolve for every case (including Eyefinity configs)
    20 hours ago

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Got it here to which is funny, as i never had it at the top right :(, quick explanation for what i get, when moving the mouse pointer from right to left at the very top (left) corner of the screen, the pointer sometimes stops a few mm from the very corner, so i have to lift my mouse up of the desk, and put it back down again, to get it to move right into the corner, as once the pointer stops, it will not carry on moving into the corner until i do so, i.e, the pointer stops, but im still moving the mouse left, hope all that makes sense, so nice one, didn't have the bug at all, but now they've fixed it, i now get the bug at the top left like others. :p

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah, but hes only on about the top right mouse bug there though isn't he ? :p

Someone needs to tweet him, and tell him that it has now transferred to the top left :D

15. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Fixed for me since 8.86

16. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    not a single problem here..this bug does not exist...something else fails...:biggun:

maybe not a perfect and clean installation of driver...OR a conflicting program...:)

17. lionhair

lionhair Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6850 1GB
    Yeah bro, ive noticed that since cat 11.5 hotfix, this mouse lag issue changed sides. Im having it on left side. Its incredible how Ati release a fix only to begin another.
    Im definitely going to Nvidia next time.

18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    No mouse cursor lag here.

19. dade_kash_xD

dade_kash_xD Guest

GPU:
    2x XFX DD R9-280x 3gb
    I can confirm that I am experiencing this as well. It's different than the old mouse lag bug, where this time, it almost feels like there is a magnetic force on the cursor in the top left of the screen. LOL!

On a side note:

I LOVE the morons that are like, "NEVER ATI AGAIN! NVIDIA FTW!" STFU, seriously! Are you kidding me? AMD provides pound-for-pound, the best video cards on the market, at a discount of the cost of nV cards. Performance in all the games I play and all the blurays I watch is STELLAR! Having a minor bug like mouse lag in the top 1-1.5cm of the upper-most, left hand corner of your screen is NOTHING!

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Then when they go Nvidia and get a driver bug, it will have to be, CONSOLES FTW, PC STFU, as if they are getting rid of AMD because of driver bugs, then surely they'd get rid of Nvidia for them to :p