AMD Catalyst 11.6 WHQL (8.861 May 24) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Maciasex

Maciasex New Member

GPU:
    2x 6850
    I tried many different drivers (11.4/11.5/11.5b/11.6/10.12) and all the same exept 10.12 where flickering was much slower. Tried all CAPs since 11.4. Vsync/aa/af in games/in ccc dont change anything. I even tried to set lower resolution to run at higher refresh rate (75hz) and still no change. Tied each card separetly and its fine, so cards are ok. Tried two different cfx bridges. Maybe for crossfire setup its normal ?

2. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Turn V-sync off, and keep everything at default. For best Performance , that is pretty much it. Than just max everything out in games, with no problems.

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    This is what you said to me in post # 131 on this tread:

Oh you have been BANNED , Guess Whos laughing now ;) , yes ME , FYI laughing at you , ROFL. Payback its a Biatch isnt it ;).

:bigsmile:

It was about time to get this guy out it here , nothing good ever came out of his mouth :stewpid: only Rude Insults , calling people names etc... on a daily Basis , Thank you Mods , appreciate it.

Back on topic there is a co-relation between BSOD and HDMI connection in some configurations like mine using this whql driver 11.6, if you have this problem BSOD please post here to see if we can figure it out.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=346210

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    The best thing since sliced cheese.
    Too bad forum registrations are open for all, monkeys included; I'm pretty sure he'll be back in no time.

In any case, as chispy said, go to this thread if you have BSOD problems with 11.6.
    If not using HDMI fixes your problem, please post your findings on that thread so that we can get many confirmations and maybe 'escalate' this to Andrew.

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I have my HDMI audio disabled (never install the driver) and use my onboard audio to my HDTV or my wireless headsets only. No BSOD with my CFX setup.

But I did have the HDMI audio problem locking my computer when I had enabled my Nvidia 465 GTX HDMI audio (same exact setup). Once I disabled that audio, no more issues until one of the drivers burnt out my gpu. Then I got my CFX setup and now use my replacement 465 as a physx card.

For you people using HDMI audio, do you also have the onboard or other audio devices enabled or disabled? From my experience it may be an IRQ conflict so try to disable the onboard or other audio device and see if you can now use HDMI audio with no issues.

6. djvelho

djvelho Member

GPU:
    Club Radeon R9 270x 2gb
    yes i have done that to. nothing happend :bang:

i never have these problems with the older drivers. so i just install the older one

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Try uninstalling them from control panel uninstall programs , catalyst manager , select express uninstall all AMD/ATI software. reboot and install again with administrator priviliges.

8. Sasquatch_04

Sasquatch_04 Active Member

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro
    booted up crysis 2 and immediately felt a good fps boost.
    before 11.6 my highest playable res @ 60fps was 1440 x 900 with SSAO off.
    i decided to try out my native @ 1920 x 1200 with SSAO off and now i get constant 60fps with this driver.
    really, this should have been noted in the release notes. simply amazing boost.

9. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    yes. same with BFBC2, huge boost with 11.6, but NO mention of this in the release notes.

10. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Does The Witcher 1 and 2 share the same game engine?
    because someone said he was having trouble with it, so i wanted to download the demo of part 1 and do some testing.

11. djsebfr

djsebfr Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    Hi,

This driver is the best driver ever for my HD6970 !

No problem in all games. :banana:
    No lag mouse. :banana:

12. asingh

asingh Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 4890 (X-Fire)
    Okay, have not updated my drivers since 10.5a. Always read the reviews here, and found the update more detrimental.

Now what is the best combination. This set seems good. 11.6 + CAP5. Yea, my adapters are old..! :)

13. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    CFX works correctly on 58xx cards with this drivers?
    If yes, how much titles?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  14. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

It's me lol..... I think the game demands more CPU Power , u can play smoothly u have a Quad COre CPU so Enjoy , i think the game demo is not available....

15. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Crysis 2 & Witcher 2, both V sync on, constant 60 FPS.

I think I like these drivers :banana:

16. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 580 Lightning 1010mhz
    guys any news about dirt 3? im able to play it maxed out without aa on a gt 240 but I cant play at all on 2x6990... freezes and lockups all the bleeding time:(

17. SuM5181

SuM5181 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6970 2GB GDDR5
    Here is I tried how to get the AMD Steady Video exist in the control center, because before I have tried to uninstall the drivers just use the ati install manager to clear the amd old driver then install back the new driver, unfortunately AMD Steady Video none exist in the control center (I got an AMD processor + AMD Radeon HD). Below is how to solved my problem.

Manually:
    I just tried use uninstaller to uninstall ati install manager, use the catalyst driver pack to uninstall all the driver and amd vision engine control center (included addition amd software), don't restart first when finish, go to device manager (My Computer, right click, properties/Win Key + Pause Key) select Display Adapter click the arrow to show the amd radeon hd driver and right click select uninstall (tick the "delete the driver software for this device"), after finish the screen will just show you everythings very big (800x600) then restart the computer, after that reinstall everything the AMD Catalyst 11.6 driver and the AMD Steady Video setting finally can came out in the Video Settings (click to enable it).

Or can just try use your favorite drivers uninstaller software to clean the old drivers.

If anyone can't understand my wrote, forgive me my poor English language, Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  18. djvelho

djvelho Member

GPU:
    Club Radeon R9 270x 2gb
    gona try it now....be back in a few moments
    EDIT:Well nothing.same problem
    heres a pic:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Shame your gona lose that boost though, and a lot more next week, when the Dx11 patches are out :D

20. piscesking

piscesking New Member

GPU:
    MSI / 5770/ 1gb/ x2
    it disabled Crossfire :(