1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Catalyst 11.5a Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. eXisor

eXisor Member

GPU:
    GTX 580 3gb
    @asder00 :

Thank for the hotfix link, but your Vista fix doesn't seem to be working...

I get "Driver Install: the driver package does not specify a hardware identifier" error upon install.

Edit: It installs fine if I update the driver from Device Manager though

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. djsebfr

djsebfr Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    Hi !

And the mouse lag still present for me !!!

waiting for a big green cameleon --> [:infinity:]

3. voona

voona Member

GPU:
    5870 x3
    Wish all you guys would get a clue... Yes turning off the mouse pointer shadows fixs it in windows but as stated by somebody else. IT DOESNT FIX IT IT GAMES. Its impossible to play any RTS with it like this. All the Ati Programmers need bullets ..

4. V1tol

V1tol Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I think you just don't know how hard is to code on Windows. You just add some more rows in your program code, and something, that worked 10 versions ago breaks up. Or you write simple program that works on your computer, neighbour's computer and doesn't work on any of 50 computers in your office. Sometimes it does not compile in the evening, you leave your computer at night turned on, and then at morning everything works even without any reboot. On Ubuntu with crappy AMD Linux driver many Windows games works faster with lower pings in Wine. I hate windows, but I had to stay on it to earn some money.

5. terabaSe

terabaSe New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 680 OC
    Mouse cursor lag fixed with 11.5 WHQL for me.

6970's on 7 64 bit.

6. voona

voona Member

GPU:
    5870 x3
    Have you actually played any games and moved your mouse to the top right of the screen? I can assure you its not fixed..

Even Cat Creator http://twitter.com/#!/catalystcreator - he makes the drivers said its not fixed....

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    People saying it is impossible to play a rts with a tiny lag window in the corner are idiots. Use cursors or move 2 mm to the side of that lag square in the corner and stop being a douche.

8. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Well thats funny i dont have the bug now and i didnt have it with my 2 5870's either.....so go figure

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its not just rts games though is it ?, as what about fps, if you have to move your crosshair to the top right of the screen to shoot someone etc..., your fps are going to plummet to single digits all the time, and your games going to stutter like crazy, so surely its a big problem for those who have the bug, as that would make just about every game unplayable wouldn't it.

10. voona

voona Member

GPU:
    5870 x3
    You sir are a moron.

Rich Guy has it right its not RTS only its everything.

Im masters level SC2 Player and its the most anoying bug ive ever seen. Trying to micro units and all of a sudden the cursor goes bannanas.

Get a grip.

11. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Mouse lag is still not fixed for me.
    Not that it's a 'life & death' matter, just chipping in.

Anyway, to anyone who doesn't care about the mouse lag, just shut up.
    And to anyone who has problems with the mouse lag, just report and then shut up.
    Whether the mouse lag is annoying or not is just a principle of individuals, so keep it to yourself; you guys just will never agree with each other.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Is this driver working with CFX or not?
    Ppl are posting all different opinions. Some say CFX is working with CAPs, some say CFX is only working WITHOUT CAPs and some say it's not working at all :(

13. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    This driver with and without the 11.4 CAP2 May 5th version works fine with CFX for my setup - check my profile on the left.

And so far is working as IT INTENDED to with my testing BUT, previously when I had 11.4 leak/WHQL and older cap, I can enable AA for Dead Space 1 with no artifacts or missing geometry. Now it disable AA for DS1 or if I force AA, it becomes corrupted again.

I'm going to reinstall the OLDER caps and see if it returns DS1 AA. I already tried to bypass caps with Von Caps Switcher and that did not work.

Edit - AA corruption when forced in CCC is disabled if I have the 11.4 CAP2 May 5th caps installed. But If I turn on Radeon Pro, it attempts to FORCE AA and results in corruption.

Going to test a few more caps scenario to see if I can restore AA to DS1 then move onto opengl games for testing.

Edit 2 - FIXED AA working for both Dead Space 1 and Dead Space 2. I had to close Radeon Pro!It seems RP forcing AA and CFX profile causes the missing geometry with this driver but worked with 11.4 WHQL! Close Radeon Pro, forced 16xEQAA in CCC and it works for both games. Looks like it disables CFX for DS1 but CFX is working in DS2.

Note that forcing VSYNC in CCC or RP does NOT affect DS1 or DS2. Vsync works ONLY in game only and caps it at ~ 30 FPS. I was hoping to trick it to lock vsync at 60 FPS but that is not the case. At least AA is now working again but drops performance in DS1 down to 20-30 FPS regardless if 8x or 16x EQAA!

Onto OpenGL game testing.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  14. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Are AMD Catalyst 8.85 better and this one in performance? :)

15. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    Mouse lag in upper right corner of the monitor is still there for me as well. It doesn't affect me a lot, though. It is preferable to the corrupted mouse issue that it replaced a while back :)

16. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Corrupted mouse issue?
    What was it like and on which version of Catalyst?
    Not that I want it to happen to me, but I'm just curious. :p

17. ProtoKnux

ProtoKnux New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4770HD 512MB
    Currently using the modified build stickied in here (5.10).

So, regarding this lag fix. Does it only affect RTSs? Does it happen frequently on 4xxx series? Does changing the cursor fix that completely?

I'm just wondering. Brink just came out, I wanna try it but some people here tell me to update to 10.5 hotfix to get it to work good.

18. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    The mouse issue at the corner of the screen, does the issue only happen on displays of 16:9 ratio..

Like 1920x1080.

does it only happen if you play the game in full screen, not a full resized window across the whole screen!.

(Just asking, because I have 1680x1050 I haven't quite noticed the issue..I'll dig/investigate it on PC my war3.exe window on the corner of the screen and move the mouse in the window only in that location)

19. silis

silis Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
    I have mouse lag in top right corner too but it doesn't bother me, not playing that kind of games so all good for me. COD Black Ops giving me 85-92fps(capped) and very good performance in other games too, im very happy with these drivers.

20. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I have no mouse lag in FPS and RTS (C&C Generals + Zero Hour) so far. Will test C&C 3 & 4 if I can get it to work in Windows 7 x64.