1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Catalyst 11.5a Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
    WHy we do not have a polling system for AMD Catalyst drivers ..

2. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    no caps needed for them anyway...and they are fast...and nice IQ...:puke2:

3. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    well back to 11.1a again , this set just like all since 11.1a totally useless on cod bo , how they claim huge improvements on that game is beyond me

min fps now 40 was 65 , every map the first time u see a enemy it freezes for s a split second every map apart from nuketown that is, its driving me nuts

also with 11.1a can use ssaa , if i enable that now unplayable fps

i enable shader warmer takes 3 months with a ssd to load in , then that removes first kill lag , but then i get random freezes of about 3-5 seconds , so just cant win

im begining to think the 6870 card is flawed in some way with the shaders , i have read other users with different fps games talking about the 6870 with lag spikes.

or 1 last thing with drivers that install micro visual 2010 the lag is at its worse , 11.1a dont use it but later drivers do , i have sp1 intalled on w7 and when i install i get log error but no actual errors , can this be the culprit , any ideas anyone as im close to putting my gtx 275 back in my pc n giving me little n this 6870

shift 2 runs totaaly fine with 11.1a and 11.4 - 5 i get reaaly good fps with max settings , same as f1 2010 so why cod bo :bang:

4. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    No mouse lag for me.
    Good Driver.
    Thanks.

5. Dual Core

Dual Core Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 2x4890 24"1080p
    Downloading now WOW 6.3MB/sec speed nice!!!!!!!!

6. BENtayan89

BENtayan89 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X
    crappy driver, it doesnt fix what it states it fixed
    mouse lag still exists
    i were expecting the mouse lag totally fixed with this driver

nice one AMD, im one step closer to becoming nVidia user
    eventho their gtx590 is a pile of crap

using win 8 7955

7. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    Dude your using windows 8? you are complaining about these drivers? You should still be using windows 7 for stability.. especially with drivers. No way game devs or software is going to be fully supported for that OS

8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Lol, using a BETA or maybe not even beta OS you expect things to be workig just fine and dandy.

GET REAL.

9. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    he isn't even using a beta LMFAO its not reached that stage yet its still in alpha milestone phase lol

10. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Yeah, and good luck with NV drivers on Windows 8 Alpha.

11. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    He is using a leaked_illegal copy, what an arse.

-------

As for mouse lag bug, I am totally lost....can anyone explain what it is.

I have used every WHQL drivers from 11.0 - 11.4 (from the time I got my 6950 card), I haven't observed and mouse lag..

Use Windows 7 OS 32-bit, using a PS2 mouse (does this matter?!?!) and mouse shadows are enabled!. Do I need to specifically look for the issue, to actually see it?.

(I feel this issue is hyped..and someone mentioned playing dota!..you play warcraft 3 game in full screen mode on a wide screen, lol. The engine does not support wide screen aspect ratio and everthing is streached from 4:3 to 16:9 [or 16:10]

Play it in a window of 4:3 ratio..and use a mouse capture to keep the mouse locked into the window)

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  12. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    The mouse lag doesn't happen to everyone. What happens is if you run the cursor to the upper right corner of the screen the cursor momentarily stops responding. Others have said there's like a lag between when you move the mouse and when the cursor responds.

The basic fix that works for the majority is to turn off the mouse cursor shadow.

I have not had this problem, or the 99% GPU bug.

13. BENtayan89

BENtayan89 Active Member

GPU:
    wow u guys are so dipS H I T and retarded

windows 8 alpha is actually windows 7 with added features
    dont teach me if u duno what ur teaching

a s s h o l e s

14. BENtayan89

BENtayan89 Active Member

GPU:
    what crap are u talking about? u think i would pay a cent for this CRAPPY OS micro$hit made?

u are being a Micro$HIT slave shut the fck up

15. gamer1291

gamer1291 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX-GTX-1070-O8G
    Hey everyone it seems 11.5a hotfix fixed mouse lag issue for some people with pointer shadow on,but its not working for me i still have the mouse lag on top right corner of screen.

I just did a full clean install of 11.5a hotfix still mouse lag is there but yea as it was told i just unticked pointer shadow under mouse settings in control panel and the lag is completely gone its smooth now.

So i dont think this is a 100% sure fix for mouse lag maybe next hotfix driver or in 11.6 driver will be 100% sure fix.

16. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Oh, look, the rebel type.
    So rebel, so...'not-slave', he prefers using an alpha of a CRAP OS so that he could talk sh!t about a driver that doesn't officially support said OS.

That's not rebelling.
    That's being a cheapskate, a hypocrite & a troll.

17. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
    Hi..

Installed 11.5a Hotfix , "Mouse Lag Still there " , disabled Pointer Shadow and the Mouse lag is gone.....

18. Cruxis

Cruxis New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850
    Installed 11.5a Hotfix... mouse lag is still here, minecraft wild grass textures are broken, Armored Princess got some weird textures. Rolling back to 11.4 whql

19. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal) + X34
    Went right to 11.5a. Mouse lag still there in the corner. But there's no mouse lag in BFBC2 (trying to move mouse in circles in top right corner). Strange, but noteworthy.

Also like to note Photoshop CS5 GPU acceleration is fixed now. They didn't mention it in the release notes, but it is also no longer under "known issues".

20. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I checked and am using default Windows 7 theme with Show Pointer Shadow enabled and NEVER had this problem since 10.12a hotfix from Dec 2010 to 11.4 april preview build.

Using Logitech MX1100 wireless mouse with default windows USB drivers if that helps you guys. No custom mouse drivers.

Gonna install these in a few minutes and check back with you guys.

Edit - no mouse lag for me with 11.5 hotfix with or without the 11.4 May 5 caps. But I have broken game compatibility again with AA so will probably switch back to older drivers.

Last edited: May 10, 2011