1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Catalyst 11.5a Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Anybody using OpenCL with these drivers? I'm testing Dolphin (NGC emulator) and when I switch to OpenCL, it craps out and crashes...

Do I need to uninstall the opencl drivers and use the seperate packages or just give up and switch over to Nvidia's opencl driver on my dedicate PhysX card instead?

2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    is dolphin well coded? has it ever worked for you in opencl mode or for anyone with ati? is it supposed to bring a good performance boost?

3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080FTW
    Hi guys,does this driver support ati 5970 because i keep getting driver install failed the same as 10.5,surely they`ve not dismissed the 5xxx series already

4. WaxPaper

WaxPaper Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5870 (Mobile)
    Yeah, I'm sure it does. It supports my 5870m... Plus I would imagine since the latest packages still support cards all the way back to, like, the 2000 and 3000 range, the 5000 range will still be supported for some time.

Not sure why you'd be getting that error, unless you're using the desktop drivers on a mobile card, or vice-versa...

5. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    It can be better programmed since when I run a game with auto resolution ~ 480p NTSC, it holds 60 FPS fairly well with vsync OFF in Dolphin and vsync on in CCC/RP in DX9. CPU is ~ 70% usage across 4 cores but GPU usage is low ~ 30-50% with my setup. I can enable 16xEQAA for 3D games and it looks stunning but when I full screen to 1080p, it drops FPS down to 20-30 FPS.

DX11 and OpenGL is not well coded. But OpenCL fails out right while Nvidia guys are able to run it. I wonder if I can force it use OpenCL from my nvidia card without uninstalling OpenCL for AMD.

6. wildvil

wildvil Active Member

GPU:
    5830 x 2 + 9800 GT
    About the Dolphin emulator (Wii for PC).
    With the 11.4 drivers and newer I found that I had to disable my OpenCL (in the emulator) for it to work. To be honest I never did see a big boost in performance with OpenCL on. This is just my opinion but i found the Dolphin r7128 to be the most stable. I keep on trying the newer ones but seem to always go back.

About all of this talk about driver bugs.
    I did have the 99% bug but I never did get the mouse lag bug (yes in games too, never saw it :)). Some people have the bug(s) and some people do not... Why? Good question, we all have good to bad ideas but at the end no one really cares.