AMD Catalyst 11.5a Hotfix (8.85.6 RC3 - May 16)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mercury_22, May 17, 2011.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Only fixed for single cards.

CatCreator :-

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Had me confused for a second there, Dual GPU single cards I see, nice

Noticed the last few games and the last few drivers don't work

3. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Are there any improvements for Fable III ?

4. Luxferro

Luxferro Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 6800GT OC
    nevermind, fixed my issue.

Last edited: May 18, 2011

5. Storm

Storm Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeo HD 3650 512Mo
    I have a toshiba laptop and an ATI radeon HD 3650. I was desperately trying to run Brink but was unable to do so thanks to toshiba being a bunch of jackasses (impossible to direclty update drivers but they release none by themselves ...) and thanks to the modded version 11.5a i wa finally able to play but I still experience.

I'm trying the patched solution given by Asder and crossing my fingers :)

Edit :
    :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana:
    Yeaaaayyy playable online !!! Still suffering in wide areas gunfights but at least i can do something, even tough my low config boliges me to play in 800*600 XD

Many thanks !!

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  6. Radiopassive

Radiopassive Banned

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1G
    Any user-friendly driver update in progress?

I honestly do not know, if similar problems occurs in the green camp of nVidia, but I am getting really tired and developing kinda masochistic feel (which I really do not fancy) of this messy testing uninstall/restart/safe mode (which is slow as hell)-driver sweep/restart/install/restart process. Are those guys from ATI/AMD trying to change something, or do they feel satisfaction with the current S/M process of reinstalls?
    In my case - I used cat. 10.2 - it gave me best performance in most games, only one tiny problem with bsod with hardware acceleration of flash player - minor annoyance for me - just turned it off and cannot tell the difference (X4 955@3.6 should suffice for fluid stream in flash - :puke2:). No other problems whatsoever - until recently when I launched Brink and got stuck in a choppy slideshow(especially in mp oriented shooter framerates below 50 is deadly).
    So I had to get involved in this aforementioned masochistic operation of re/un/start/install/sweep whatever. 11.5a rc3 behaved worse than 11.5a rc1, but at last I got bearable fps (with 11.5a rc1) with a bit exotic fluctuation from 35 in open areas during shooting incidents:) to over 120 in corridors. And I decided to overlook the crazy cpu usage (temps were still acceptable with Ninja II cooler).
    Hooray, I thought. BUT (there´s always a but) when I tried to use standby mode, which I use a lot, my poor videocard couldn´t wake up from it. Reboot was the only solution(unsaved work in opened applications lost,of course). Then I played some movie using dxva and what did I get? Sudden video freezes (while sound continues to play) and overall strange behaviour of MP-HC. Very nice (sarkasm).
    Am I slowly and painfully getting to know why there are so many console gamers? Any light in the end of the tunnel?
    And 1 curiosity I forgot to mention - have any of you experienced the presence of whichever previously installed catalyst driver version even after uninstall/restart - safe mode - driver sweeper/restart? I know the computers are built by humans and as their creators they are also prone to erratic behaviour, but developing various nervous ticks wasn´t the reason why I bought an ati card. :bang::pc1::biggun:
    Whine and shine!
    Oh and I love the edit button. Not physically, I am definitely not an editOphile!:banana:

7. Faruk

Faruk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Noctua 4080
    RC4 is on the way.

8. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    OMG, OMG :bang:
    Who cares about that Brink. People play in Witcher 2 without decent driver

9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Good sheit, cant wait finally play Brink without fps dips. Hope someone leakes it ASAP.

And fu witcher, there is a queue in place and Brink needs fixing first ;)

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

Witcher 2 fix coming :-

11. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

+1 LikEd....

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I really really hope that we get one before the weekend (plz, plz, plz).

13. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I can confirm this driver/CAP is quite bad in Crysis2.
    11.4 preview with CAP from 27-4 was the best in Crysis2.

I wonder how this set would perform compared to 11.5a in The Witcher2, did someone a test on 6970 CF?

Kuddo's for AMD for working quickly to get it out, they can't help it when the final game is different. (The Crysis2 story is a bit strange though).

14. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090

yea can you plz give me a link to this drivers 11.4 preview with CAP from 27-4 :)
    :banana:

15. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    what's wrong with it? it's been in the drivers for months (wouldnt know if that relates to CF or what)

16. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    The Fable 3 game behaves exactly the same on Nvidia cards (stuttering when moving into new areas and or rotating the mouse and low GPU usage in certain areas) The Crossfire profile for the game is the best it can be without causing further issues. A few other profiles are slightly faster but they cause lighting issues so shouldn't be used.

17. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
  18. streetsz

streetsz Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD 4890
    How do I go about manually installing this hotfix? Tried using the catalyst installer which seems to update fine, but then the driver version shows me its still at the 11.5 version. (8.85-110419a).

I have also tried uninstalling catalyst and all of its files, then installing these lastest drivers, and again it installs fine. I then check the catalyst driver version, and it tells me im at 10.10. How do I install 11.5a only to have catalyst tell me I'm at 10.10?

i7 920
    6G RAM
    ATI HD 4890
    Vista 64

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  19. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    you used the vista fix from asder?

hotfixes dont normally contain a 'catalyst version', only the 8.85 type number matters

the catalyst version is a simple reg key, you could change it to '1337' if you wanted

20. streetsz

streetsz Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD 4890
    How do I install the vista fix from asder? Extract in the directory of the driver? What does that mean? :'(