AMD Catalyst 11.5a Hotfix (8.85.6 RC2 - May 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Why nvidia boys post sh!t in ATI section?
    - New AMD driver - new butthurt, because they get new drivers in 1 month :eyebrows:
    - Maybe they want to help? No, just trolling.
    - They want to attract with 580 string in their profiles? Maybe :eyebrows:

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    They are aiming to get Brink fixed in the 11.6's (don't know why they aren't doing it via their weekly CAPs).

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  3. djsebfr

djsebfr Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    no dark cockpit in shift 2 Fix ??? :)

4. V1tol

V1tol Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Someone wrote that disabling "surface format optimizations" in CCC fixes it

5. LordJummy

LordJummy Master Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire "6970" 980/1400
    Some of the problems being complained about should be directed towards the game developers. Keep in mind it is extremely difficult to code a game and get it 100% working on time delivered, and make it 100% compatible with every piece of hardware out there. It's also not easy to optimize the drivers as fast as people think.

But other than that, I am still very disappointed with the mouse lag issue. It makes me so angry to move my mouse up to the top right to close something and it freezes up. That's just plain ridiculous. Do they even know what's causing that?

6. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    I see more complaining about the same issues over and over here than any other forum. Is the mouse stutter in the top right corner really that big of an issue? I remember a series of Nvidia drivers a little over a year ago where AA wouldn't work. Not long before the card killing drivers, the first one. But the grass is always greener on the other side.

The mouse lag issue from what I hear has been fixed in drivers in the hands of certain beta testers. I don't know why some of you guys expect miracles from leaked drivers.

7. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    I might install these but i have the other hotfix and they fixed mouse lag for me on windows 7 64-bit sp1. So far no problems.

8. djsebfr

djsebfr Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    Yes, it's working but with disabling this function, IQ and shadows are affected.

I am playing this game with a steering-wheel, in cockpit view !

fyi, it's true that it's less dark than with this function enabled but it's dark compared with an nvidia card (test with a 560Ti today).

So i am waiting for a fix asap.

:wanker:

9. LordJummy

LordJummy Master Guru

GPU:
    Leaked drivers? These aren't "leaked". They are straight from AMD's site, and they have claimed to have already fixed the mouse lag issue. Also, YES, the mouse lag issue is a serious issue. The fact that it's even there is ridiculous. You're using a 6950, and probably newer drivers, have you experienced it? It's extremely annoying. In some situations it could be a very serious issue.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I love the way everyones screaming about bugs in the previous 11.5a's, still being present in these ones, when they are only 1 week newer, rofl.

11. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    Show me a link to a page on AMD's site where I can read about and download these drivers. At best these are not easily accessible beta drivers.

Of course I have seen the mouse lag issue. I didn't notice it until I saw it mentioned on the forums. I wouldn't consider it a "very serious issue". If this is the biggest issue that you have experienced I would consider this a good driver. I've seen worse from both sides. Some people like to complain just to complain.

In the past six months on AMD cards the closest thing that I have seen to a game breaking bug is my recent performance in Brink which for all that I know is a game bug. To me that is a pretty good track record. I've seen other bugs but nothing that I would consider game breaking.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    OP download doesnt work for me, gives errors during install and fails

13. LordJummy

LordJummy Master Guru

GPU:
    It's no longer available. It's definitely directly from AMD, as I managed to capture the page. However, they killed it again I guess. It's no longer loading.

Either way, I'm not saying AMD's drivers are bad. Some people are very overly dramatic and call them "horrible" but most of that can be chalked up to "user error". I'm actually extremely satisfied with these cards and drivers. I have had no serious issues with gameplay or gpu acceleration for my video editing/encoding. The only issues I have are flickering from flash/certain video codecs, and the mouse lag issue. I seem to be having some other mouse issue as well, but can't figure out exactly what it is yet.

Other than those issues I absolutely love the 6000 series, and I think AMD is doing a great job.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Heres the link :- http://support.amd.com/la/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst115ahotfix.aspx

but the only thing on the page that has been updated, is the actual drivers themselves, they now have rc2_win7_may13 on the end of them, instead of the previous rc1_win7_may5 (when you click on the links) :)

16. LordJummy

LordJummy Master Guru

GPU:
    ^ There you go BababooeyHTJ. I knew that link was there. So yes, not leaked. They're just not official release drivers. Use at your own risk. So far they are performing identically to 11.4 and 11.5 for me. I haven't noticed any changes, and no bugs fixed though.

17. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    Thanks but those still say May 5 for me. Either way I'm sticking with the first hotfix. Other than the mouse lag it is working well enough for me.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Strange, as when i click on the download links to download the drivers, they come up as rc2_win7_may13 now.

19. voona

voona Member

GPU:
    5870 x3
    You should be getting the RC2 Driver - 13th May. Im just about to install, see if it fixes the mouse lag issue. The brink fixes are due next release.

20. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    same ere may 13th but i bet they didnt fix the OpenGL that they broke,Second Life runs like crap with 11.5 so i'll just wait for 11.6 using 11.4 mar 23rd in the meantime