AMD Catalyst 11.4 Early Preview Win7 x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Tried them out on the Crysis 2 demo last night, at hardcore graphics levels first and then notched them down to gamer over a few rounds and they were pretty darn good.

2. giri.placid

giri.placid Member

GPU:
    MSI HD 6950 u/l @970/1370
    Split/Second BSOD

BSOD while playing split.second about 15 - 20min into the game. Never happened with 11.1.

3. Amorpheus

Amorpheus Member

GPU:
    6960@928/1450
    Personally, I use the middle mouse button (speed can be increased in the options) for small-scale scrolling and the minimap if I need to go further, so I honestly never noticed it. Scrolling by bumping against screen edges is inefficient and competitive players use it sparingly. Day9 covered it in one of his dailies, this one focusing on mechanics in general: http://blip.tv/file/4742049.

4. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    Nice story bro

NO

They both have issues equally, go play with your magic nvidia card with your magic drivers and pay the extra cash, dont let the door hit your ass on the way out buddy.

P.s I just had a fermi in the other week, they are far from perfect

p.p.s your very much deserving of troll of the week, good job :)

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    GPU1 Stuck at 99% after what Youtube Videos.

SCREW YOU MOTHER****ING AMD!

6. MrSean490

MrSean490 Active Member

GPU:
    ref. Sapphire 6950 2GB
    No idea if this will help the 99% issue, but it fixed my BSOD issue when watching youtube/flash

Disable hardware acceleration in adobe flash by right clicking the flash thingy here:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Click "Settings" in the contextual menu.

A "Adobe flash player menu" will pop up, click the first icon at the bottom of this menu (it's a monitor) there will be 1 setting with a checkbox: "Enable hardware acceleration".

Make sure it's unchecked.

Not only did this stop my BSOD, if I had a youtube video in the background, it would no longer half the frame rate if I launched a game and left the youtube video there.

Cheers.

PS. Gonna try out the 11.4 drivers now, actually found them on my own on AMD's site, came here to see if anyone else noticed :p

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Well duh!?

A dual GPU card VS a single card soultion, who saw that happening? :nerd:

8. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    Well at least 3 users with a 5970 have the 99% GPU at the desktop... i have a 5970 and i dont have that problem ( i do have the mouse lag on the right top corner), do you guys have a more recent bios on your 5970? i do...

9. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    i believe nothing 100% bug-free not only AMD-Nvidia driver but all driver
    the only things true is a driver that stable enough or bugs to minor to be mentioned

i have yet to try this driver, but after reading that people still having issue with 99% GPU ... seems it will just waste my time to install this driver and rollback to 10.10e when the issue happen

just wondering,people with 99% gpu issue... do you guys have avivo or hydravision installed ? i read somewhere in this forum, some people fix the issue after unstalling avivo ... not sure if they uninstall hydravision too though

10. amieneel

amieneel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    Thanks mate, any fps improvement over 11.2 ? Will try this driver when i return home ..

11. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    I certainly did :D

12. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    You got that right I too will never buy another ati after this one. This driver did not install right .... appears not even for our cards. I have had the dual monitor flicker when over clocked for the last 6 months of drivers and this driver f@#ked up my 1080p 60 hz to the a/v reciever. This was my main problem when i bought this card (that it only drives 24hz correctily) and guess what it is back also. Both can be fixed but hardware issues that can be fixed with drivers get dumped when new hardware comes out it appears. I have wrote this company numerous times and get shafted (we are not aware of any problems) I hate the support of this company and will not buy again from them.

Hey our 6900 don't have your problems thanks for letting us know so we can fix them for others!

Regards

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Tried:
    - Windows 7 Basic Theme
    - Uninstalling AVIVO and WMV9
    - Disabling Hardware Acceleration in Flash Player.
    - Drivers with and without OpenCL
    - Fresh installation of Windows 7
    - Flash Player Beta

Havn't tried:
    - VBios Flash

Asked around for VBios on other forums but they said that aint the issue. And seeing it might screw up ur card id rather not have a go at it. It's clearly a driver issue because older drivers work fine with the same VBios.

Ever since 10.12 they changed something in the drivers wich is causing this problem because i'm still using the same Software and Hardware since then.

And it doesn't seem to be related to anything because it happens when watching YouTube or Idling on the Desktop, or during Gaming. It's all random.

I'm out of options to try really. I'm gonna wait for nVidia's next generation cards because i don't see the point in going from a HD5970 to a GTX580. And SLI is not an option for me because i always get rid of the Stock Cooler and get an Arctic Cooler one wich is Triple Slot. And i surely cba to swap my Motherboard with one that has 3 Slots in between the first and second PCI-E Slot.

And yes i know some of you will say nVidia has the same issues, but i personaly NEVER had any issues with nVidia apart from the rare Driver Not Responding issue wich also happens with AMD.

Just my experience so far.

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @master2k8

Well, I don't think it's devels fault. I think AMD is not just funding the software development at all and marketing thinks selling cards which has most this and that sells
    the best no matter what crap they release. World is changing soon there will not be a single reason to buy an GPU nor an CPU unless for work. We see maybe 4-5 major
    games for average joe a year and even lowest end hardware can spin this crap more specifically since consoles restricts the graphics and most are just lame ports.

What is really damn sad here is that there's like less than handful of games released and AMD driver team doesn't keep up even with that which is seriously disturbing. I bet
    there's 1 fellow working for feedback who codes everything. As no way in hell fixing code this slowly is other means possible. OpenGL??? heck since when was the last time
    it was needed other than brag of having more 'AMD' or 'NVIDIA' specific features where reality is even following standards as, if yet seems to be pain.

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    These are working great for me, no issues with at all.

16. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    So, any reason for the driver to crash while i open the preset manager?

I was going to delete 3 or 4 presets. The procedure was "click delete, yes im sure i want to delete, screen freezes, driver crash, driver restores, delete next preset" for all of them. Happens since 11.2. But before that i was using CCC 1...

17. JPLIKESNOS

JPLIKESNOS New Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 3-Way SLI
    First drivers since 10.10d that seem to be working OK with my two 5970s.

Just need some new Crossfire Application Profiles now! Anyone got a link for some new ones?

18. richymun4

richymun4 New Member

GPU:
    xfx 5970
    well i guess you can make that 4 users then with 100gpu bug becuse i have had with the last 4 drivers.

19. elmonen

elmonen Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2070 Strix
    3dmark11:

11.1 driver P6270
    11.4 driver P6434

20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    No need for them. The newer ones are included in the drivers.
    Unless you didn't ticked them when installing the drivers. Go to the place where you extracted the drivers, Packages>Apps>AppProfiles and start AppProfiles.msi
    Install, reboot and Done.