AMD Catalyst 11.2 Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HaZe303, Feb 15, 2011.

1. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    You know when i just installed these drivers what happens the 100% gpu load thing occurs again cos the pc always takes a while to get into the shut down screen when the gpu load thing is 100% and i just loggged into pc opened ccc2 to check out stuff didn't pay attention to gpu load but wanted to disabled ccc2 from start up and then restart and there you have it less than 5 mins into logging on the pc with new drivers.

It didn't fare too well on vantage bench too.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i do have one wierd thing with these drivers, i dont know if this happens with earlier drivers though.
    I have recently installed VMWARE Workstation, and due to this loading windows stops at the logon screen of windows 7 (while there is only one account).
    when im at the logon screen, my fan of my vid card, makes allot more noise then usual, after login in the noise drops to normal levels.
    is this a common thing ? does anyone (who also has to login) also have this problem ?

3. steveyc27

steveyc27 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    Personally the 100% GPU usage issues disappeared for me with 11.1, and now with 11.2, no issue with 100% GPU usage.

4. steveyc27

steveyc27 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    I've had no issues with 11.1, and 11.2 so far, 11.1 was a big improvement in FPS in all my games and 11.2 increased performance even more for my setup. Absolutely no complains from me!

5. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Either that, or something doesn't properly trigger to leave the GPU alone even when not in use.

The problem is I always use it (Beta 11 now) and still no 100% GPU bug.
    I also use Flash player 10.2 which is supposedly supports hardware acceleration, and still with Flash-heavy sites the GPU utilization doesn't spike to 100%.

In any case, I just consider myself lucky. =b

6. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Really!! so why's it that I have mouse pointer shadow turned on and nope I don't have pointer lag... it's not as simple as just saying turn of this or that yes it may fix it but the bug still remains

7. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    I found a new litlle clicky box in CCC which I didn't have in 11.1 or previous drivers

[​IMG]

8. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Thank you, that fixed it for me.

9. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Yeah fixed for me too , but if choose another Cursor , the problem returns even we disable pointer Shadow, only Works Aero Default Cursor -Weird....

10. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    even 11.1 supports AA in Hot Pursuit

11. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Oh god, the 100% GPU bug is back in 11.2 ! any idea how to get rid ?

12. wildvil

wildvil Active Member

GPU:
    5830 x 2 + 9800 GT
    People think that most problems are universal (happens to everyone), or it happens to the same chip set group (all 5830 get this problem).

If we just use Guru3D as an example, we will see people with the exact same card (same model and manufacturer) one will work fine but someone else will have a problem(s). No one really asks why are they different, they just say if I have the problem then everyone has it and you are wrong.

When you have a problem and you come across some who does not, try to find out what makes you different... Is it the O/S, motherboard, sound card or other add on part, software, heck we can go on fore ever. You might see a repeating pattern. An example could be a motherboard with a certain chip set, people who use Vista 32 bit could have more problems than some one who uses Windows 7 64 bit (or it is the other way around :)), bla bla bla...

This would help more if we can understand why it does not work for you but it seems to work someone else. It could help in solving problems or warning others not to upgrade to to this card because of what is in your computer.

Helps us allot more than us blaming the driver team for not testing the new driver to every motherboard with a PCI Express slot, for every video card that is altered from it's reference design (most drivers... sound, video, etc... are tested on the reference design), and for every software from anti virus to video codec that is in your computer.

Maybe it is a driver problem :bang:... but maybe it is not.

P.S. you can not complain if you are using a hacked O/S, game, bla bla bla... if you did not buy it and are having problems then live with it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  13. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Thank you.
    Tested? 11.01 WHQL? Then we lost the fix with 11.1a/11.02?

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No wonder ive never had the mouse lag issue, ive never used the pointer shadows.

15. cl0k

cl0k Member

GPU:
    XFX 6970
    oh god ! i got the same bug 100% GPU usage , hope they can fix it soon!!! :bang:

16. Natslx

Natslx Active Member

GPU:
    6950(unlocked shaders)
    Yep, same here :D

17. bolan

bolan Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 7950 @ 950
    Noticed the same with my 6870. However, I've been checking my total idle power draw. To my surprise, it remains at the same level as before: 79W.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  18. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    anyone on a 6870 gone from 11.1a to this set ? if so any improvements or is it best wait for 11.2a ?

on the various issues people have been having with mouse lag ....... i must be lucky as i havent had 1 single issue from day of release of me 6870 ...touch wood lol

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  20. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest