AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix (8.82.2) Win7 x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Signorelli

Signorelli New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    Nope, I'm using the appropriate INF file. The ones linked for Vista on the first thread post. Files are CW112250.INF and CW112250.MSI. Installation proceeds and then fails halfway through. The log file error says something like "the files specified in the INF file cannot be located."

Is it possible the Vista INF or MSI is directing to the wrong location for some dlls?

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    i get a very decent FPS boost with these drivers in F1

With the drivers :
    <results samples="8142" min_fps="56.301022" av_fps="66.297691" min_fps_ms="17.761667" av_fps_ms="15.083482" />

10.12 with hotfix:
    <results samples="7284" min_fps="49.022633" av_fps="58.185707" min_fps_ms="20.398741" av_fps_ms="17.186352" />

Same settings, all Ultra except post processing on medium and high shadows, 2xAA and res of 5040x1050

3. Martin.v.r

Martin.v.r Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1200/1500
    I use 10.12 rc3 it is ok to HD4870 an HD6870
    11.1a Hotfix is bad to xtream overclock

4. gijs007

gijs007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire R9 290
    any one else having the same issue as I am?
    check page 15 of this topic.

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    i get that too, only after running the Metro2033 benchmark( and doesnt always happen ), i dont know if overclocking affects it or not tbh, like i said only that benchmark causes it for me, i thought it might have been an eyefinity issue as ive 3 screens

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Not having that issue here, drivers are working flawless for me.

7. spyre

spyre Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    Obviously there will be 11.1 drivers but there was no point having a hotfix for features that the OS doesn't support.

8. boyriot

boyriot Member

GPU:
    HIS HD5770 IceQ5
    everything's fine here :)

9. NitrousX

NitrousX Member

GPU:
    GTX Titan Black SC
    Quick question guys, is that Morphological AA enabled by default with these set of drivers? If so, how do I disable it? I want the highest FPS possible :banana:

10. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    uncheck morphilogical from ccc its in the AA section. turning it off gives better 3dmark vantage score and higher fps in games. turning it on does nothing i can see.

11. NitrousX

NitrousX Member

GPU:
    GTX Titan Black SC
    I ususally use 8x MSAA (if available) in all of my games. So with this set of drivers, morphological AA is enabled by default?

Thanks for all the help so far!

12. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    MLAA is NOT enabled by default, at least on my fresh install. You have to force it on in CCC, then set the level that you want or set it in application mode.

13. dirtman

dirtman Master Guru

GPU:

I was one having GPU usage stuck at 100% and in which caused my windows explorer to crash and the system was hanging and not running good, read your post and i just put up one background wallpaper and rebooted the pc to be on the safe side and well after the boot, the 100% is gone and ALL my games that i play was running like butter,no complaints at all know...Thanks for posting as it seemed to fix some of my problems, I was having this problem back with the 10.11 and never give it a thought or never knew that rotating desktop wallpapers would cause the problem,but as of now that seemed to be my problem....Hope amd or MS would come up with a fix

14. gijs007

gijs007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire R9 290
    hmm I always have that issue, no eyefinity here I only have one 1680 x1050 22inch 60hz screen from Packard Bell(its an OEM screen that came with my old pc)

15. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Card: AMD Sapphire 6950

I am currently using the hotfix drivers mentioned in the subject/thread and I am facing issues with GTA 4 [vannila version + 1.0.4.0 patch, no DLC] (which I recently installed to check the performance of 6950).

The game runs fine with/without MLAA. But when I play the game using it with ENBseries mod..then game crashes with d3d9.dll file (pointing to the ENBseries dll file) as soon as the game loads.

Played a bit without the mod, until the first save point. Enabled the ENBseries mode, loaded the progress and it ran..but crashed immediately after I opened the door and went a bit towards the stairs.

I had no issue of this kind with my ATI 5850 and with the MOD when I played it in WinXP 32-bit an year ago, that too with AA in enbseries mod .

Is this the drivers issue!?..I wanna play the game again...with my 6950.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

16. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    The mouse stuck in the top-right area of the desktop happens here as well.

Well its not that "stuck", it seems that the top right corner has a magnet that sucks the mouse.

Well nothing so user experience-breaking, but it happens. Go figure lol.

17. wildvil

wildvil Active Member

GPU:
    5830 x 2 + 9800 GT
    I have tested the "AMD_Catalyst_11.1a_Win7_Jan26" on these games and have had no problems with them (most have gained performance... at least for me).

Alien Breed 3 Descent
    Amnesia
    Bioshock 2
    Crazy Machines II
    Death Spank
    Dragon Age Origins
    Fuel
    HL2 (Mods)
    Just cause 2
    Kane & Lynch 2- Dog Days
    LOST PLANET COLONIES
    Mafia II
    Mass Effect
    METRO 2033
    Mount&Blade Warband
    Need for Speed HP 2010
    Ninja Blade
    Prince of Persia 4
    Prototype F
    Red Faction Guerrilla
    Sid Meiers Civilization V
    Singularity
    Splinter Sell Conviction
    StarCraft II

Dolphin (Wii emulator)
    PCSX2 0.9.7 (PS2 emulator)

The only problem I am having is with my OpenCl "10-12_vista_win7_64_ocl" add on. In the Dolphin emulator the games will not run if OpenCl is checked. Could it be a driver problem or some other software/hardware conflict I do not know. Even though the OpenCl is uninstalled, I do not lose that much performance with the Dolphin emulator (maybe with a newer Opencl update everything will work again).

18. Quantum 3Dfx

Quantum 3Dfx Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5970 + Nvidia GTS 250
    After several days of tests my 5970 + GTS 250 combo is still performing great. CFX, Videos and ideling all perfect. im using the older 11.a with vonmod tweak 1.3

19. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU

Can you post the Software Tab info so we can compare to Jan 19th build? It's downloading pretty slow.

As for Dolphin, submit the info to their dev team. It may be that they build opencl support based Nvidia's opencl drivers, the ATI OpenCL has memory leaks or both.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  20. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    My GTA 4 is also running enb. I have a problem where GTA 4 is not detecting the video card properly with CFX so I have to force -norestrict in the commandline.txt. This is with the 11.1a Jan 19th driver. Single card detects everything fine.

Once I set everything up, all maxed out except for distance at 60 or lower, it works. Enbseries has no issues even with AA on via the ini file.

You can try to delete the controlmap.dat file from where you save your games, then rerun GTA 4 with enb, set your control sound and video settings and then start a new game.