AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix (8.82.2) Win7 x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Updated the first post with the latest hotfix build, Vista fix and Mobility Mod.
    Enjoy :hatty:

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  3. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Ok thx, please post if you test physx fluidmark 1.1.1? ;)

4. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011

5. asder00

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
  6. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    seems like i am unable to OC it at the same speed as the earlier drivers and complete vantage and when i lower the mem speed by 10mhz i get score that's a few fps lower. Not very good.

unigine ver 2.1 runs faster now compared to the older 11.1a

Lost planet 2 doesn't shut down with dx11 features all set to high.

I got a higher 3dmarks11 score but then i OCed it higher with higher cpu and ram speed.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  7. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    these seem to be really good driver i got a slighly higher 3dmark vantage score (19500). i noticed that turning off morphological aa gets a better score and when playing hawx2 or bad company 2 (dx11) i get an extra 10-20fps. i couldnt notice a difference with it on anyway.

8. Signorelli

Signorelli New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    The link to megaupload on the main file page to download the Vista install file is not for Vista. Message just says "it's incompatible for your Windows platform." The file downloaded is W76a_INF.7z and contains -> C7111972.inf + C7111972.msi

I got the correct files for Vista on the top of the first forum page but they fail in the middle of installation. The log file error message says:

"Driver Install: the driver package did not preinstall because the files that are referenced by the INF file could not be found."

Not sure which exact files could not be found. I've tried moving the INF and MSI files around to see if they would work in the folder containing the DLLs or higher up in the folder levels. But nothing.

9. DarkSilver

DarkSilver Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForceā„¢ GTX 670 JS
    Missing INF files here too. Those INF files provided on the 1st post are useless to me.
    All is not working. T.T!

10. gijs007

gijs007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire R9 290
    these drivers suck,(jan 26 version, didnt try the old one yet)
    the bottum part of my screen(including the task bar is black) this happens when im logging in to my user account, straight after the windows boot up screen.

also when I move a window(for example windows explorer window) my screen gets ****ed up even more, check the photo's below.

I even flashed my 6950 back to stock bios but that didn't help.
    and did a few reinstalls.

Running windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit sp1(RTM the one that is leaked) clean install.
    im going back to 10.12A hotfix, that one is working fine:banana:

top 3 are with 11.1A (8.82)(same issue with both versions)
    last 2 are with 10.12A(8.790.6.200) which work fine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011

11. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi....

Sometimes at startup , ATI Process mom.exe automatically terminating , The Tray Icon comes and then Goes off And i have to start Manually the Catalyst Center to start mom.exe process....

12. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Is there 11.1a for Win xp x86?
    Is it WIn 7 driver supported for win xp ?
    Did anybody try force install win7 driver on win xp from desktop manager ?

13. asder00

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    You guys are using the old inf from the previous driver with the latest driver? of course it wont work.
    For this driver -> http://www.filefront.com/17827936/AMD_Catalyst_11.1a_Win7_Jan26.7z/ you need to use this inf -> http://www.filefront.com/17827556/Vista-x86-x64-Supprt-Fix.rar/

14. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Do you recommend a clean install for this driver?
    Nay one with improvements for F12010 with this driver?

15. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

At this Beta No Windows Xp drivers are leaked , Hotfix are Meant to be for Windows 7[dont know why] , When it officially release sure it will support XP mate.....

16. spyre

spyre Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    There are no XP 11.1a drivers because the new features cannot be done on XP.

17. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    I wouldnt make fun of rich guy hes been a great help here on guru and is a valued member. But I will point out if someones or something is wrong , 'game design mistakes'. Granted aye their game design mistakes for console and pc thats why consoles get 'fixes' and performance patches like the pc. 'Driver' fixes are your firmware patches that get rolled out regular, sometimes the pc and the console get the same visual bug, thats not a driver issue thats a game issue I understand that. I just pretty much never get driver issues like some do here I guess. Consoles realy shouldnt run driving games with choppy fps and games like merks shouldnt have game breaking bugs, nuff said.

ah the ocl driver, I dont bother bud I just install stream 2.3 after the driver like your supposed to.

I made fun of your card because I find the 5830 funny, its weird ok, it runs with the same or sometimes more power than a 5850 and costs only a little less, so sorry:3eyes:

to the guy about physx, its great in fluidmark, no scores sorry gotta go out.

18. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

@spyre.. I think their will be drivers , but the new feature AMD Tesselation and Morphological Filtering will be Disabled on Xp... When it's official there will be 11.1 drivers for XP...

19. Dalton Sleeper

Dalton Sleeper Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 8GB
    Performance improvements for this game would be greatly appreciated :)
    ...but the game seem to have many issues so I wouldn't expect much. Disabling one card gives a few extra fps so apparently crossfire is not working properly, still too low to enjoy the game. Performance issues are present with 2x4890 2GB and 2x6970 2GB on Vista x64.

20. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Okay these drivers went up to 99% in idle mode once. Had trouble with crysis WH rendering properly with mslaa enabled.

Are these the final build for this month's drivers?

windows also changed theme from aero to basic automatically. Had to restart PC.

Turned on msi AB and saw the GPU around 70% activity in idle mode. WTF is this. Looks like i better simply go back to 10.10e.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011