AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix (8.82.2) Win7 x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Guys sorry to hijack the thread but...how the hell i force AA in hot pursuit? Im going mad!
    Tried every possible combinations with radeon pro and not a single enanchement?
    Or do i need to force it in CCC?
    Why amd doesnt use profiles as nvidia does? I dont want to force AA at eveything,only nfshp!

2. wildvil

wildvil Active Member

GPU:
    5830 x 2 + 9800 GT
    True, true... only a console keeps every game the same quality and FPS.

The more you put in your computer the more you increase in problems (a single card has less problems than a dual GPU solution, a dual core CPU is used with more programs than a quad or a six core, 64 bit adds more problems than a 32 bit... bla bla bla) Nvidia and Ati needs third party software to make there drivers work better (Nhancer or RadeonPro) with out them you have a hard time to solve a driver/game problem. (With out RadeonPro I would never have NFSHP 2010 work this good with crossfire)

So far the best (not perfect :puke2:) combo I have right now.

ATI 11.1A + 10-12_vista_win7_64_ocl + Von mod cap 2 (normal) + Von mod 1.4 tweaks
    Nvidia 258.96 + PhysX 9.10.0514 + Hybrid-PhysX-mod-1.04ff

So far I have not lost performance in games (gained allot in Metro) but still testing, but I like what I see :).

3. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Nope, didn't get that. Do you have the newest version (I think 2.1) of MSI AB? I was switching profiles and testing the drivers today remotely from work with TightVNC and didn't suffer one crash. Generally, with my 5850, I found the 11.1 hotfix beta to be slightly slower than the 10.12 previews. Only advantage I could see were in heavy tessellation benches/games when you could kinda cheat and lower the setting. 3DMark11 for instance gets a huge boost if you lower the Tessellation slider down to 2x as opposed to AMD Optimized or App Pref (~4800->5200 with 975/1200 overclock).

Only thing I'm worried about where I did this through VNC, is that the last going off where I shutdown the server, I noticed the core clocks on default didn't go back to normal. My pc might be at home running 100% gpu for the next few hours while I'm at work lol. It should be fine on default clocks though.. needless to say, I will be reverting back tot he 10.12s just in case.

4. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5700xt 8gig
    I have noticed difference in the way office looks with these in css compared to 10.12's. I like them and performance is not any different.

5. wildvil

wildvil Active Member

GPU:
    5830 x 2 + 9800 GT
    This was more for Crossfire than AA in Need for speed (but for me AA works as well)
    Use RadeonPro and go to "Tweak"

From the top down...

VSync control "Force on"
    Check "Triple-Buffing"
    Force Crossfile X profile "Crysis"

With this I am able to use "AA" plus have Crossfire support, will it work for you? Who knows but it does work for me.

6. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Thanks mate but im using a single card solution...and still no matter what setting i use, imho AA isnt applied as it should.
    What im doing wrong?

7. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Weird, my ATI 5750's temps on idle is 25 C lower then usual, even when I play Crysis, its a lot lower then usual.

Did AMD release some kind of hardware update? :banana:

8. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    lol how you get 10.12 and 11.1a AND von caps on the go at once?'The more you put in your computer the more you increase in problems' yes? your comment about consoles made me laugh a bit, so did your 5830, damn probably the only 5830 on guru, I hand it to you man. your choices are disasterous:wanker:

On topic: how many have overdrive not responding when you firs install? my bloody fan setting wouldnt work for ages nor my oc, strange though I uninstalled and installed again WITHOUT rebooting and ll is well again, also OpenGl does work well with unigene but only when tesselation is off, infact al opengl stuff works its just opengl+tess that seems to be w*nk.

@chispy

have you tried installing the driver with just 1 card first and then plug in the other cards? might work

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  9. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5700xt 8gig
    The 5830 is just like the 2900gt. Same chip just casturated down. But newer drivers seem to really help the performance of the 5830. Still not a 5850 but still nice increase.

10. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    1: ATI CAT 11.1a normal driver no OCL
    2: ATI CAT 10.12 OCL update only (only installs atiocl.dll)
    3: Vons patch

11. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    so when is ati planning to release these? this week coming up?

12. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Not Here Mate... I'm Getting 4C Increase and may Be Temp Displaying is wrong ...

13. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    i instaled this on my nootbock toshiba and so far so good no errors or bugs good driver

14. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Weird, because MSI Afterburner says the same temps. I'll try some other programs.

15. DarkSilver

DarkSilver Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForceā„¢ GTX 670 JS
    I got performance boost on tessellation using this driver.
    DiRT 2 have extra FPS. :)

I heard this driver have bug with OpenGL. But, I don't think I have problem with it.

Also, with this driver, my Autodesk Maya's 3D Paint tool can work flawlessly already.

16. Scyphe

Scyphe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon 7950@1150/1700
    Hehe, Futuremark will have to patch 3dmark11. I just disabled Tessellation in CCC2 and got a ridiculous score.

P6310
    3DMarks

It's total cheating.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/472912

17. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

ANyway.... Guys, It's a Huge Improvement, i think all of them is happy with the drivers and Scores Big..... Yea some bug is there better to Feedback, sometimes they will consider it and finally we will get More Better Drivers....

18. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    What score do you get in Physx Fluidmark 1.1.1 bench with that 9800gt? Thx.

19. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
  20. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Driver issues don't bother me as the vast majority can be worked around, and anyways it's half the fun figuring out a fix for them....