AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix (8.82.2) Win7 x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    i get them, but they dont seem to work in unigine/LP2 w 6870's (altho i didnt make a full unigine pass).

2. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    okay if i may ask

why the hotfix before the official 11.1 driver

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The AMD optimized option doesn't do anything at present, as thats for future profiles to use, so having it checked/unchecked does nothing, will just act like the Use Application Settings basically, the slider for selecting the desired level of tessellation works though (becomes active when both AMD Optimized and Use Application Settings are unchecked). :)

4. spyre

spyre Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    @ Valken
    Your Cinebench fails because you have got AA and or AF force enabled in the CCC. That benchmark is not designed to run with those enabled.

5. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    5700XT
    so it seems it only for 6900s?. I hope we get it, we need more on 6800s xP.

I cant get it to work when you use the slider.

6. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    No he did not say that. He said it does NOTHING. It means that is there for future profiles. Future as in not in the present but sometime later. I recall reading this in the release notes also.

7. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    5700XT
    He said that it works when you control the slider manually. If for him it works, and for me it doesnt work. That means that only 6900 (as officially started), or im doing smthing wrong :(.

Maybe i understood wrong, my english its far from perfect.

8. Dalton Sleeper

Dalton Sleeper Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 8GB
    Can i use these files with 32bit vista too? i have the mobility modded drivers and pasted these, but it won't upgrade from 10.12 :S

9. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Hmm not sure. I'm going to download Heaven Benchmark and use the slider and see if that has any effect on a HD5xxx. I don't see why it would for HD6900 but not for yours, that doesn't make too much sense.

10. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT LE
    All Catalysts after 10.9 have issue (VPU Recovery) playing 2 video streams simultaneously with DXVA!

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yes the slider works for me, i ran Heaven with it set fully left (to off), and the tessellation was definitely not on, the roofs/walls/paths etc... were totally flat, and i got a score of about 69 odd, where as with the tessellation on, i get around 57.

I can't see why it would only be a 69 series option if it shows up for 5 and 68 series also, as you would think that, if its not for those as well, then they shouldn't be appearing when installed (like the Morph AA, that only showed up on 68 cards, 5 series owners had to hack the drivers for it to appear on theirs).

EDIT: On reading the notes again, id say the tessellation controls are for all, as if they were only for the 6900's, then it would have said something like New Tessellation Controls (6900 series only).

If the slider is greyed out (so it can't be used), then make sure the AMD Optimized, and the Use Application Settings are both not ticked (un-checked), then it should become useable.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  12. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    I got the same experience on a HD5xxx (HD5770 equivalent). The slider works but for whatever reason Heaven still performs sluggish. Set tessellation to extreme, tessellation in CCC to 2, and with wireframe there were plenty of large spaces, looked very minimal.

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Unticking AMD Optimized under Tessellation will result with client crash for some Dx11 titles.

Seen it happen to LOTRO and DDO so far, might be others.

Water cooling temperatures look good with this set, about 4C down while game still runs smooth.

14. GAR818

GAR818 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    Anyone want to buy unlocked 6950's Im going back to nvidia, ati was a mistake.

15. dkizzy

dkizzy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    Does anyone have a us server link? I've tried in the last 12 hours to use the Euro servers and the downloads always freeze. Any reference link would be greatly appreciated!

16. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    5700XT
    okay i apologise, indeed it does WORK. I was only seeing starting FPS and there tesselation doesnt seem to affect a lot, but the whole bench result gives much higher FPS (and in some places i see there is no tesselation).

I had it working before, just i didnt notice, had no time to do a full test :bang:

17. Babel-17

Babel-17 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    The tessellation slider works for my HD 6870.

With 2X tessellation in the Heaven benchmark, 1920 x 1080, and everything at default, I got 36.2 fps. With 64X tessellation I got 32.7 fps.

You have to make sure nothing is checkmarked. Click on what is checkmarked to uncheck it.

18. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Does this option is a available with HD5xxx ( maybe allready asked, but can't goes through 9 pages ) ...

I don't have it on CCC after installed 11.1 hotfix
    [​IMG]

for peoples who ask, hotfix are beta who fix some specific problem or for test purpose ( new features ), they are not official release ( whql ) ..

the thing is this driver is leaked before the 11.1, cause some sites have got the driver for test and do an article about it and the driver have been leaked early.

Edit: lol tesselation option available after reboot the PC

19. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    These are leaked betas, but going forward you should know hotfix basically means none whql, so therefore they don't have the delays the whql cert process causes. This can mean whql drivers released after a hotfix driver could actually be older than the hotfix.

20. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock

Try this link ( techpowerup link )
    http://www.mediafire.com/?oote9irfpg1mt14