1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hot-Fix Drivers Coming Today!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by zpaf, Jan 18, 2011.

1. poedoom

poedoom Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire hd4870
    Cant wait to give these a try my 6970 is in need of some new drivers

2. robotman

robotman Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7970 1150/6400(R9280X)
    they probably going to release this at 23:59 :p

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No you didn't, officials, are going to be released on the 26th (next Wednesday), but there will be no point in getting them now (or waiting for them for that matter), as they will be older than these ones coming today, these ones will be the very latest :)

Sounds interesting :p

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  4. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Guys please, can we keep this Thread on Rail? I hate when it turns into a COD discussion forum.

Thanks.

Now, I do hope they Fixed SSAO from Riddick instead of just improving its performance, every time I Turn SSAO on everything looks ****ed up. also its nice to see some improvements in this games, that means that some other games may have also gained some speed improvements ^^

5. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
    Don't Hope too much.....

6. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I hope it fixes basic opengl and dx9 in single gpu and cfx modes, fixes forced AA corruption, and working 8xAA and more for 6900 owners!

AMD - Get your priorities straighten out with a fully working baseline driver in OpenGL, DX9, DX10 and DX11 first! I don't care to beta test a tessellation selector when I can set it in game already!!

7. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
    Fine,

Nice to see it, wounder if this will effect the lower cards or this is just showing what it fixes for just the 6xxx cards.

Call of Duty!

If you guys want to see some more about it, Rage3D has some screenshots of the new CCC option.

http://www.rage3d.com/index.php?cat=75#newsid33972936

8. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 4GB OC/GTS450physX
    Great! Waiting now! AMD Optimized Tessellation may improve HAWX2_DX11 performance.

9. sutyi

sutyi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 OC 2GB
    Seen what went on after the Surface Format Optimization was introduced... nVIDIA will cry a river over the Tessellation Control.

10. MISMCSA

MISMCSA Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 6870 1GB
    I agree. I'd really like to see the issues with openGL resolved, prior to the latest and greatest specialty features. Why do I want racing stripes on a car that won't always start?

11. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hot-Fix Drivers Delayed - Now Coming Jan 25th or Jan 26th

Last night I posted that AMD would be releasing Catalyst 11.1a Hot-Fix drivers and it appears that overnight the AMD driver team found some last minute changes that needed to be made and has held the driver release. The driver is now looking like it will be released on Wednesday the 25th or Thursday the 26th if all goes well. It also looks like this driver is waiting to get WHQL certification as well, so that might be part of the delay. It looks like the press will have access to this driver though as this performance jump is rumored to be needed to compete with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 video card that is coming out next week. It should be interesting to see what driver all the review sites use as you can see from our post last night that the benchmark improvements are rather significant in some games and synthetic benchmarks.

I came in this morning and it seems as though our Driver Team had a few more last minute tweaks/changes which in turn delays the process for certification and testing and now the new date is firm for next week. The driver is a “release candidate” and we’re currently working on WHQL certification, the Driver Team is keeping me informed as to when it’ll go live. I’ve now been told that they’re working on a timeline to have it out by mid-next week, so most definitely either Wednesday 25th or Thursday 26th .

http://legitreviews.com/news/9872/

12. MISMCSA

MISMCSA Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 6870 1GB
    The 11.1a drivers have been delayed a week or so...
    http://legitreviews.com/news/9872/

From Legit Reviews:

"I came in this morning and it seems as though our Driver Team had a few more last minute tweaks/changes which in turn delays the process for certification and testing and now the new date is firm for next week. The driver is a “release candidate” and we’re currently working on WHQL certification, the Driver Team is keeping me informed as to when it’ll go live. I’ve now been told that they’re working on a timeline to have it out by mid-next week, so most definitely either Wednesday 25th or Thursday 26th"

13. Scyphe

Scyphe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon 7950@1150/1700
    Meh...

We may still see a Release Candidate though, it says they're working on WHQL certification for the final driver.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  15. SuperBill

SuperBill Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Come on guys you didn't really think they'd release the drivers without first adding a few bugs did you?

16. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    God now I am stuck with the unstable 10.12's till then !?

17. Scyphe

Scyphe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon 7950@1150/1700
    Go back to the nvidia threads.

18. johnathonm

johnathonm Member Guru

GPU:
    Dual 580 GTX SLI
    I wonder if they fixed the various crossfire issues that we've seen from 10.5a on...

Here's to hoping... :)

19. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
    Hi...

Do u Guys Xperiencing Slow Starup Delay of showing AMD Tray Icon, Sometimes it Freezes Cursor when it load's Up, Is it Necessary to Run This AMD Tray Icon.......

Waiting 11.1 Drivers, One Week TO Go.....

20. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I hope AMD is listening and not half-arsing basic features hence the delay ... the opengl and dx9 single and cfx issues are very bad for a new product release (6900 series) ... at least those features works on green team on launch with 400/500 series. Speed optimizations can be hotfixed or tweaked via caps...

AMD can, SHOULD, also release all those beta functions such as ccc2, adjustable tessellation and etc... as separate packages for guinea pigs anytime anyways instead of holding up good basic driver releases.

If/when the next driver comes out with broken basic function, but lots of new "tweak toys" to play with and fully "WHQL cert", then we know the users just got the biggest shaft in the world.

WHQL W7 aero has been certified 2 years ago already!?!!