AMD Catalyst 11.12 (8.922 December 03)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Radeon RX580 4GB
    What about to stopping handle with these s.h.i.t.s in each topic and start to test the drivers and make report!!!!

Is there also the CAP maker in CCC?

2. |ALE|

|ALE| Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury X
    and now are you happy and in peace with yourself? how many useless post, discuss about driver instead talking about legal question.. are you the owner of guru3d? if you think that there is some legal question, contact the administrator.

someone knows if this driver it's newer than 11.11c and contains its latest optimization?

3. Cygnific

Cygnific Member

GPU:
    2060S Gaming OC
    Last driver i had some issues with uninstalling, i'll skip for now. Maybe the next version. Thanks for uploading though!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  4. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Thanks Marthand, keep it up :)

Nope, still its a build of 11.12.

Caps in this driver are outdated (11.9 cap4ish), use 11.11cap2 or my ccaps.

5. |ALE|

|ALE| Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury X
    so... asder00 do you know what is the newer driver with latest tweak ?

6. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    haha this thread. People download music, games, lie to people, cheat, steal, run stop signs, speed blah blah blah and yet cry about some ATI drivers. As soon as you can walk on water then talk. Love that guy..

Thanks for the post.

7. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Im using 11.11b/c, you shoud too if you play any skyrim/batman/assassins creed/rage.

8. |ALE|

|ALE| Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury X
    i play only bf3 and fifa 12 :p

9. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Wow! the driver zip file is 570MB???? Seems a bit large for a GPU driver ???

10. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950@6970 2GB
    Same **** like last a, b, and c

11. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Thanks man.

Im trying 11.11cap2 now beacuse with your latest 1.1 skyrim give me flickers.

Bf3 running smooth with 11.11cap2 and this driver.
    The CCC dont have the profile creator.
    Skyrim give negative scaling.

Keepers for me.

Better bf3 gameplay than 11.11a or 11.11c at least for me, and 8.93 give me bsod.

12. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti AMP! OC
    Haha, right. :nerd:

13. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC
    don't see these drivers officially posted on ati.com yet so do not think this is whql yet.

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Why does it matter where the drivers come from? I see maybe 2 1/2 pages of useless posts, followed by 1/2 a page worth of actual information...

But out of curiosity, is there any reason to move from 8.93 to these drivers? (I doubt anything new would appear on an older driver, but that's just me)

I'm not looking for a "go try it yourself" thing, just looking for advice I guess

15. Valagard

Valagard Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FE
    I don't even see that many on topic posts about these drivers

Anyways, tried them out, not as good as the 8.93's or 11.11c's (Or b's if you just have a 6000 series, c offers no improvements over b sept for 5000 series cards) but close.

Ultimately went back to 11.11c's, their performance is literally like 0.01% from 8.93's and the 11.11c's also allow you to alt tab to desktop in an instant from any game, and almost back to any game instantly so I'll stick with them

Not tested on Skyrim, tested with SR3, same as 8.93's and 11.11c's, literally no difference in performance, I don't have crossfire so crossfire users mileage will vary

CCC in this seems, sluggish, something that CCC has a problem with for ages as it has to load several hundred MB up just for a menu (Stupid .net interfaces) and what not, 11.11c or 8.93 responds the same

Not noticed any glitches in any of my games, though Dirt 2 started hitching like crazy while in use every 20 or so seconds and eventually crashed, everything else works fine, even Minecraft and Terraria

That's about it really.

16. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Thanks again.:)

17. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Yes, .NET definitely needs improving! Microsoft needs to overhaul it for version 5, although I doubt it. Multi-threading and instruction optimisation would be a good start!

For the CCC, it is just a little slow on loading and a bit big in size for what it actually does!

Getting back to these drivers, going by the date these should be the non-WHQL 11.12's, as there really isn't much time for AMD to do anything else with them! Its more likely these are non-WHQL 11.12b's than 11.12 beta drivers.

If it were some newbie with only 1 or a few posts, its not unreasonable to question their validity, but Marthand has been proven to be a reliable poster and that's what is important!

Installation of drivers not sources directly from the AMD webpage yourself personally you are taking an increased 'risk', and yes this includes downloading drivers from software sites! Even installing drivers from AMD's website has the potential to be a problem, this does not mean you shouldn't!

hmmm... okay! its the users choice to install drivers that aren't official, that automatically gives them no right to complain if things go awry. Those that do install these drivers should have at least some knowledge of what to do if things go wrong. These drivers have at least past some stages of testing. If they haven't, they would have to be directly leaked from AMD internally.

If there are major issues found with certain configurations, its obviously missed initial testing, and it at least it gives AMD the opportunity to fix it before releasing. If people run into issues with the release versions, there's going to be a very much significantly higher number of people affected!

These drivers may not be official, but nor is the advice and most discussions on this and any other forum. Get rid of this, and there would be no forums!

Questioning (about users experiences with the driver), reporting, discussion, and commenting on the drivers is a good thing, as long as the intention of the user isn't a negative one. If a user reports a game now crashes with it, or BSODS etc, its actually a positive post, as long as its a report, not a complaint/whinge. How so? it gives extra information for others to decide whether to try the drivers for themselves or to wait until the next available driver, or to even try it for themselves and see why the BSOD may be happening!

Thankyou Marthand for these drivers, just like with the others :) Those that whinge make up the minority, and there will always be those that whinge!

Okay :) time for my question!
    I'm using 8.93!, but am wondering whether this includes AVIVO, WMVDecoder etc.

18. marthand

marthand Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850+Nvidia 8800GTS
    Sorry, they don't have AVIVO, WMVDecoder

19. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT/290X
    I was busy today and look at the crap fest.

These drivers are in a grey area, I use to also post early/beta/internal drivers here and lets just say someone higher up at AMD basically said they wash their hands of it. You use them at your own risk, AMD takes no responsibility for them and you using them.

Try to stay on topic with the post people.

20. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    hi.. does it support mobility HD5650???