AMD Catalyst 11.11C "Performance Driver" (8.911.1 November 30)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Best thing about these drivers so far isn't that the performance is equal to the 8.93 beta's, but that the 11.11c's I can alt tab in and out of my games instantly, with no need to wait for anything

I even idled TF2 all night long, clicked back to the game and it loaded in a jiffy

Loving these drivers that's for sure

2. BlueDream

BlueDream Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5970
    There's a massive difference in Skyrim for me with my 5970. Crossfire is obviously working now for the first time with these on my card. Are you sure you did the clean and install properly?

3. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    just delete them out of the ati folder

4. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    dude what? you should be able to get more than 4GHz easy, you arent using the stock cooler are you?

5. GalileoG

GalileoG Guest

GPU:
    HD5970
    I did. I express uninstalled the drivers, went into safe mode and used driver sweeper, and installed these new drivers with and without CAP 2. Performance didn't budge, at all.

I did notice though that I got a nice 10 FPS increase when I overclocked my i5-750 to 3.9 GHZ.

Any ideas? I would really like to get crossfire working properly. :-(

I have also noticed that sometimes when I'm in a dungeon, I get minute stutters even though I'm at 60 FPS. This goes away when I switch to windowed mode. Any ideas?

These 11.11c drivers just aint giving me any love.

6. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    People need to stop using driver sweeper. Just use Catalyst installer, reboot, install your driver, and that s it.

7. GalileoG

GalileoG Guest

GPU:
    HD5970
    Why? At worst, it does nothing. At best, it can get help some, right?

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Yes, because Catalyst removes all those registry entries and AMD/ATI .dll's remaining in the system32 folders :p (aka, there's like 20+ things left over after using Catalyst to uninstall)

For a complete driver clean, driver sweeper is decent.

9. Ylurien

Ylurien Member

Definitely have to be using Driver Sweeper to completely uninstall previous versions of drivers. I couldn't get 11.11a out of my system completely, so when I installed 11.11b I didn't see any improvement in CF performance. It was only after I used Driver Sweeper to uninstall and then reinstall 11.11b that I saw a boost in CF performance.

You would think that AMD would get on the ball about fixing this long-standing problem. That, and while they're at it, not make installation say that the " package installation failed" when it was really just the Microsoft Visual C + + installation portion that failed.

Yes, that would be nice.

10. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    starting 11.11 onwards i'm facing the view log showed yellow sign, i think due to C++ can't detect the version correctly but my CCC works. if 11.11 + 11.11b + 11.11c = CCC is there but it won't load. i installed 8.93 nov 29 w/o any problem b'cos i keep 11.11 + 11.11b w/o uninstall it but once i del all & just installed 8.93 nov 29 the issue appear. so i install back 11.11 still got error. 11.11 + 11.11b also the same but CCC can open. i faced cli.imp.. missing b4 & no CCC be founded b4.

11. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Agreed.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You mean that's it aside from crashes among other anomalies. The only way to get a proper installation without bugs waiting to happen is to use a cleaning program after uninstalling and rebooting. It's one extra reboot to save a ton of trouble from happening.

13. alphaproxima

alphaproxima Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850 @1040/1200
    Thats your opinion, hes got his. Im with him, Ive been using whql and beta drivers for years and years, and had no problems ever, but I always uninstalled, rebooted, installed new

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    "Opinion"? No, it's a fact, any time I don't do a sweep after standard installation the next Catalyst installation is bugged to hell and back. You guys have 5000 series cards, those are not even the same architecture as the 6000 series, of course the driver issues are going to be different.

15. wafu88

wafu88 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3
    Agreed.

16. alphaproxima

alphaproxima Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850 @1040/1200
    "Not sure if user error or 6000 series specific bug"
    Anyway Im not talking about just the card you see in the description, Ive used many ATI and NVIDIA cards and never had any installation issues. I also was a beta tester for 6 years or so, so Ive tried hundreds of early builds.
    Btw Its wise to wait for feedback by other users more willing to risk their windows installation and temper. If one cant handle beta drivers (Im not talking about you specifically) and will start whining, he should stick to whqls.
    Btw one bad driver installation or uninstallation might fk up the next ones even if they have no such issues. So sometimes windows should be reinstalled.
    Again, if one cant be bothered with having issues, stick to getting feedback first about the specific driver build one wants to try and the card he owns. Its not hard. There are PLENTY of forums out there not just guru3d :p Combine knowledge and decide

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I have C0 stepping, not D0 but I'll try to squeeze out more. I've gotten up to 3,8 now with TurboBoost. Temps are quite cool since I'm using a Thermalright Silver Arrow. Lol, I dont think I'd be able to get to 3,8 with a stock cooler :D Apparently 3.2 is max with stock. My current idle temps are 36 degrees according to EasyTune6 and 40 according to RealTemp. Load temps are not much higher, around 50.

I wish someone could finally prove that DriverSweeper is NOT mandatory while swiching driver versions both forth and back. Or prove the opposite.

18. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    I totally agree and I usually wait a few days to install beta drivers. For now, 11.11c work's ok. CrossfireX ON without negative scale.

PS: I did not use DRIVER SWEEPER.
    Does that prove anything? :banana:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  19. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    double post.

20. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I only ever use driver sweeper when switching from AMD to Nvidia or vice versa.

Catalyst install manager actually does a good job of removing previous drivers, and I've never had an issue swapping AMD drivers without using driversweeper.

Nvidia drivers however don't seem to remove themselves well a lot of the time, so sometimes when I notice a new driver version hasn't kicked in, I'll use driversweeper.

Never for AMD though.