1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Catalyst 11.11C "Performance Driver" (8.911.1 November 30)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Russ369

Russ369 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Only hiccups I don't like with these drivers compared to the latest 8.93:

AC:R CFX works but there are some FPS dips
    SR3 has minor stuttering compared to non with 8.93
    Skyrim still has ALOT of visual artifacts in the water and green flashing in the caves n stuff...

If these problems were solved these drivers would be awesome!

2. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI

I missed that thread. I see dota 2 profile was tweaked, i had 75% usage on the 3 gpus, insane lol.

3. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
    Hi....

Im Getting Fps drops in AC: Revelations, All Maxed out 1600*900 and all settings Maxed out VSYnc On , Getting 60fps sometimes it drops to 40fps @ 70% Gpu Usage When it hits 60 fps My Gpu Usage will be @ 82%.... Any idea wat's causing this im on 11.11a Performance driver......

4. electronpn

electronpn New Member

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 5770 in CF
    I think that problem started with somewhere round 11.9 been released. Since then i cant get good scaling with CF but huge fps drop and lagging a lot. I talk bout BD2 and BF3. Two games i care the most. I changed all drivers from 11.9 to 11.11c and didn't get any noticeable improvement worth talking. I don't have any anomalies but shattering and lagging. Funny is when i disable CF and turn vsync on i got so nice and smooth gameplay with fps higher then with CF on. So conclusion i get till now is: "when i put another card i get like half fps drop with no possible gameplay". I am thinking to sell those two cards and get one single high end gpu. I aint talking that AMD is bad nor some other is better but talking that CF doesnt have that good and FAST support by games developers. It all will be solved at some point, but untill then i ll get over all games with single one card. Looks like CF is for nice pic taking.

And yes, in BF3 with CF off, 1 gpu usage round 99%
    in BF3 with CF on, 2 gpus usage round 50-60%

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

5. guy_uoft

guy_uoft Active Member

The cause is probably your 5750, if your info is correct.

6. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
    k, but why low Gpu Usage, Not Hitting 99%....

7. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    all drivers that haven't been certified by microsft (WHQL) are considered beta, AMD/ATi seem t release 'beta' drivers under a few different titles such as 'hot fix', 'preview' or 'performance'. They are generally all beta but released for sifferent reasons hence the different titles, in this case 'performance' probably points to the inclusion of crossfire profiles as it aims to improve performance.

8. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    could easily be other factors like a cpu limitation (clock rate/lack of proper multicore support), lack of system memory or vram.

I suspect it's probably the game not being properly multithreaded and so is beibg limited by clock rates on one or two cores. You can monitor this ingame using hwinfo and msi afterburner osd.

9. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
    K mate, is there a way to Monitor Cpu usage MSI shows only Gpu Usage, i think i5 is enough for Ac: Revelations.....

10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I see the very opposite from 11.11b to 11.11c. 11.11c stabilized the frame rates and I'm noticing some higher frame rates although not much higher.

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    WHy does assassins creed revelations run like crap for me doing a 360 degree turn seems the backgrounds are very choppy.

Also does this ccaps 1.1 have all the current caps in it to date or just the edited ones ?

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    It's smooth for me.

13. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    yes, get the latest hwinfo32 and in the sensors window choose the configure tab for each sensor you can enable monitoring in 'rivatuner osd'. Once enabled simple start msi afterburner first followed by hwinfo32 and now whin in fullscreen 3d you should be able to monitor hwinfo sensor data alongside msi afterburner data.

14. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 5750 1GB DDR5
    Thankz mate i will try :)

15. aschl

aschl New Member

GPU:
    R9 280x
    Yea same here, if i turn the camera FAST i get choppy frames for 1 second then goes normal again.
    Also crossfire scaling is very poor for me in AC: Revelations. In some areas i get as low as 38... 40... :bang:

16. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Mobility version?

17. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    The 11.11b work great with my two 6870 cards in CF. (didn't install the 11.11 CAP 2 either)

Haven't tried the 11.11c drivers yet though.

18. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    Have you installed any CAP with these drivers? Crossfire on DOTA2 isnt working with these drivers.

19. Burnout600

Burnout600 Member

GPU:
    ATI Crossfire 5870
    These drivers broke Saints Row 3 for me again, and I still get better performance in Skyrim with crossfire disabled.

Oh well, try again AMD.

20. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    No its not the driver, todays dota2 update broke cf.