AMD Catalyst 11.11b "Performance Driver" (8.911.1 November 25)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. AxholeRose

AxholeRose Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD5970
    Hmm. Guess i'll hold off too. I get really good scaling by renaming my game file to crysis.exe and using 8.93.

2. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Just like everyone else, did nothing for Skyrim, same ****.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    So are they OK for single cards?

4. Scout

Scout Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    this did nothing in skyrim, besides adding random green smoke and flashing water..

the negative scaling only seems to happen in towns, outside I always have 60 fps with or without crossfire, might as well throw one card into the garbage or play frisbee with it

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011

5. wafu88

wafu88 Active Member

GPU:
    DDR3
    When are you selling and buying something else? Seems nearly every few days you are just raging about AMD drivers. It's not likely to change soon, so why don't you do yourself a favor and do something about it... Cause your whining is getting really old. Just thinking myself, makes very little sense to keep something you are always complaining about. So do something about it.

I don't blame you. But just observing by your posts going back almost a few years now, you've got nothing good to say about AMD or their drivers. Either do something or you're a masochist.

6. wafu88

wafu88 Active Member

GPU:
    DDR3
    Or sell one since you don't need CF for Skyrim... or BF3... or Rage... or any game released in the last 3 years or probably for the next 2 years.

7. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    lol joke driver

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    He probably bought AMD cards for the same reason a lot of us did, the price. When the 6950s (99% of which unlocked) were fresh they were $300 minimum while the 570s were $350 minimum... a lot of us just bought those and unlocked them to 6970s to match the 570 while saving $50+.

There were of course other factors, such as the "cheap" $350 570s being from MSI (the company I associate with the lowest quality everything including warranty/RMA) while the AMD alternative came from XFX which has lifetime warranty if registered.

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    well some of us are running 3 screens and crossfire is needed just to make games playable.

Havnt tried these, im sure theyre crap but will give them a whirl.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Or saving $150 if you live in NZ lol.

11. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    not in the uk

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Yeah, I threw in an edit. The $350 ones were from MSI, others were more expensive, that was part of the reason I went ahead and got an AMD card, I heavily favour XFX over MSI after seeing their RMA facility first hand (a rotten rat hole in a shack). That and having multiple RMAs IN A ROW being either dead or arrival or dying within minutes. The ones not from MSI at the time started at $380 and went up to outrageous prices.

The other thing on my mind was the RAM on it is really low, 1.25GB. I figured I'd be better off with a 2GB card considering my resolution is 2048x1152 and I like to crank up settings which eat RAM.

13. thePariah

thePariah New Member

GPU:
    MSI 4870x2 OC
    NEW FEATURES! :banana:

Sometimes I thank god for having taken my msi 4870x2 oc'd by factory away from me. Not that I'm pleased to waste my money, but that card only worked for 3 years (both 9800 PRO and X800 PRO still work) and it got me frustrated for the excess of driver problems. Game X works with driver X, Game Y works with driver Y... etc. Video with THAT codec/resolution works with THAT driver.

I'm so sad hear you guys having such problems because I know this **** can drive you mad.

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Exactly the same reasons I went for the 6950: better price, more vram and the chance to unlock it.
    My resolution alternates between 1600x1200 & 2048x1536, plus I figured the extra memory would be needed in another year or two.

Here's what you'll pay in my area:

EVGA GTX570 1.2GB GDDR5 $654.35
    Sapphire HD6970 2G GDDR5 $608.35

Sapphire HD6950 2G GDDR5 $504.85

Not hard to see which one is best value for money.....:)

15. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    so still no one tried for bf3?

16. Scout

Scout Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    you using nvidia now ? or switched to consoles ? :)

yeah, no issues with it, solid 60fps for me.

17. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    well I am running 11.11 normal drivers havent tried any of these performance drivers. debating on if i should do it

18. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    No green smoke or flickering clouds on mine with these, but terrible indoor stuttering when turning remains in 1st person when looking at hdr like lighting from fires/windows/underwater etc. 3rd person is fine, or playing in a window rather than fullscreen.

SR3 still runs like complete ass, 15-25fps etc

19. johnyG

johnyG Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 SLI
    Just remember:

If you're Crossfire user,

and you don't know where's "Andrew D" Von CatalystCreator in any time of the day or night - your'e doing it wrong

20. johnyG

johnyG Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 SLI
    Thanks man.
    This sure looks like another April's edition from AMD.
    I'll be sure to check them out... later :hatty: