AMD Catalyst 11.11b "Performance Driver" (8.911.1 November 25)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    @ zerocool

LOL i love it, I've saved that to my favourites so i can read it and laugh again,
    hey remember unofficial patch 1&2 for oblivion ? it would make sense.

2. Anvi

Anvi Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    Got tired of Crossfire issues in every game and sold my 2nd 6950.. Good riddance.

3. GrandMax

GrandMax Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    I play without CAPs and performance has never been better in both Skyrim and BF3.

Skyrim is not constant in time and has a huge CPU bottleneck (games run mainly on one thread).

BF3 I play 1080p, mix of high and ultra (keep mesh and texture to high to free up vram) with 2xMSAA, high postAA, 8xAF, HBAO and I get solid 60fps with up to 80% percent usage on both cards.

4. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    these drivers have broke my pc, installed them twice and both times i get a black desktop with blue artifacts, then i had to hard reset because i couldn't see my screen properly then safe mode then system restore back to 11.10, its ok now but ive tried to install 11.11a and get the same result, oh dear amd what have you done to my pc, i just hope 11.12 install ok or it will be compensation time.

I'm certainly NOT reinstalling windows over this.

5. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    This skyrim delay/problem has sealed it for me now, January im definitely going back to nvidia ive been using ati/amd since December 2009, and had nothing but compatibility problems and driver hell ! so if anyone wants to trade pm me.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  6. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    as i recall the 1 one had over 2500 bugs resolved the 2 one i had never installed

as for your crosffire what the problem?

7. painter

painter Maha Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 670 2GB
    Are you sure its these drivers and not the ones Marthand has posted? or did you install these over those drivers... they do what you describe, if you uninstall them which leaves some elements behind. See the thread on the 8.93's (Nov 18th) drivers on how to recover things.

8. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    not sure, i uninstalled 11.11 (was from amd website), restart, run driver sweeper, restart, ran a reg cleaner, restart, then installed 11.11b, when pc starts and windows 7 greeny-blue screen should come up, its just black with vague artifacts, you can just make out images and text etc, it happened yesterday and today and also with 11.11a, aaaahhh help !

edit: which one should i download ?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  9. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    this may sound dumb, but are you sure you downloaded the correct os/bitness?

10. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    don't know, i know what you mean though because i noticed windows 8 popping up on AMD'S website.

11. rstodd

rstodd New Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX 6950 2 GB
    Perfect

Here is what I did and my crossfire works wonderfully... no problems whatsoever... no green flashes... or anything that isn't a bug in the actual game:

1. DL 11.11b drivers from AMD website without a CAP
    2. Turn off v-sync and mouse acceleration. Change iPresentInterval=1 to 0 <--- place that in the skyrim file under [Display] and take it out of SkyrimPref if it is in there.Then in SkyrimPref change bMouseAcceleration=1 to 0.
    3. Since 60 fps is too low for me, I downloaded an FPS limiter here: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34#content. Follow the read.me included. I changed the fpslimit to 70 since 60 is slow to many with a mouse and the renderaheadlimit to 2.

^^^This worked completely for me.

Before I did the fpslimiter with vsync on I was getting bad inputlag. When I turned the v-sync off to fix this issue, I was getting green flashes when I looked up toward mountains while moving and water. When I added the fps limiter with those settings... I received nothing. I went to caves I have previously explored where the flashes were bad... nothing. If your sensitivity is too fast by changing your fps to 70 do this:

Go to the directory where your Skyrim.ini is in(which is usually Documents>My Games>Skyrim)
    Open the .ini file and check for [Controls] section. If it's not present, just create one at the end of the file.
    Add fMouseHeadingYScale=0.0200 and fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0200

Play around with the numbers to your liking.

That is it for me. I am going to go play now. Take care everyone.

12. Russ369

Russ369 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Graphical glitches with these drivers in Skyrim ruin it for me... *sigh*

13. Norezar

Norezar Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 4GB
    I'd pay good money for a company that puts out solid performing, cool running hardware and has REAL drivers.

Shame we only have ATI/Nvidia to deal with, maybe Intel will get off their asses and hit the GPU market.

14. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Black desktop? blue artifacts? booting problems?. That don't sound entirely driver related mate. Do you overclock? Have you updated you bios and done a hard reset? Have you removed every last possible fragment of previous Ati drivers?

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I read about this...but what if i want to have Vsync? Currently using RadeonPro to enable Vsync (but disabled it ingame) but I have this problem with microstuttering indoors while looking at the ground or walls (sometimes). Dont seem to be able to get rid of this.

16. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    ATI Fix For 4GB Skyrim And 11-11B Drivers by Myounage

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2182

17. Artifice

Artifice Member

GPU:
    unlocked 6950 2Gig xfire
    numerous fix's are avaible to fix the mostly in door microstutter
    59hz framelimiting
    patch 6 from ENB on skyrim nexus
    and "http://www.kegetys.net/misc/" D3D antilag v1.01, keep render ahead on 2, makes indoors and outdoors run real smooth (miss's updates though)

non of the above fix's seem to work with CFX though (for me atleast) if you can get CFX functioning it will scale well when in outside enviroments but it'll be as if the above fix's are disabled and you'll still see the micro stutter indoors.

I just run it in single card mode with Antilag (skips occational updates, I end up having to press q to bypass the bug and recieve (a update) a summon or a spell fire on occation)
    or ENB patch 6 (doesnt skip updates, 99.9X% good in that respect, but it's like render ahead 1 in towns, a little choppy, outside enviroments arnt bad, doesnt microstutter indoors).

If CFX worked with ENB patch 6 and the game didnt skip updates because of it it'd be perfect

think i'll try what rstodd's done later see if its problematic at all

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  18. rstodd

rstodd New Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX 6950 2 GB
    The micro stuttering and the flashing seem to be related, at least for me. Why would you need v-sync if you have everything working? TBH, I think it is ridiculous to have any input lag from it.

Like I said, my stuff works. I am running 16 x AF with 8 x AA with a cap of 70 fps. Golden. No stutters/flashes/dropped frames (unless I am in a big city like Marthal, happens a little when I first get in)

Hope you fix your problem!

19. gf1

gf1 New Member

GPU:
    Diamond HD 6990 4Gb
    Thanks for your post. I tried this in various ways (with 11.11b and 11.11c + 4GB version + ATI dll patch + FPS Limiter) - and still get the face flickering on and off, regardless of mouse movement.

The FPS rate is great with this TESV 4GB version - it doubled from around 40 FPS to 80+ FPS and that is with all settings at the vid card level maxed now.

If only I could get this facial flickering to stop... I have tried various settings in the Catalyst Control Center regarding the "Wait for Vertical Refresh" option to no avail. Is that the VSync you are speaking about?

It is close to working great, but what am I still missing?

Edit: I turned off the CCC Wait for Vertical Refresh and still get problems. The flickering is actually in the whole game - e.g., when I hit the ESC key to exit or save, the whole set of screens (3 in Eyefinity Portrait) have scrolling vertical bars going right to left. In game none of this is noticeable except on the face, but obviously it is pervasive given all three screens are scrolling as described. This was not a problem until 11.11b/c, so I don't think it is Eyefinity per se. Thanks for any help.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  20. wafu88

wafu88 Active Member

GPU:
    DDR3
    Yes, you would endorse a store in order to get a discount.