AMD Catalyst 11.11b "Performance Driver" (8.911.1 November 25)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Russ369

Russ369 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Yeah I am... Nvm, I realized that most of these problem you described I get only when in dungeons or caves with water... Its a little annoying yet but w/e...

2. Pearl43

Pearl43 New Member

GPU:
    3x HIS 6950 2gb
    This ^

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Well CAP or not flickering problems are still present. I solved it by using Oblivion profile in RadeonPro but unfortunately this gives me a few problems with some types of smoke, some NPC faces and flashing background while pressing "Esc" button. Well well, hopefully these problems will be solved someday.

4. victoryo

victoryo Member

GPU:
    Ati 6720G2 1GB
    What settings are you using. Got the same videocard in my laptop with the 11.11b drivers and 11.1 CAP2 and only get arround the 30FPS outside. :S

5. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    You must mean 6720G2 which is an A6-3400M APU with 6520G integrated and a discrete 6650M card. My laptop only has the 6620G integrated in an A8-3500M APU. What settings in the game are you using and are you running in the dual mode? The game defaulted to all high settings for me but I turned down the AA from 8 to 4 and the AF from 8 to 2. I also turned shadows down to medium and I'm getting 18-40 outside and in Riften only from 12-26, higher inside the buildings. This is with the 11.11 WHQL driver, the 11b was no improvement and made things too bright. The water also lost some effects and everything seemed slightly less detailed.

I need information on what the advanced settings for all the fades do. I don't understand them at all.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  6. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    Yes you are correct, it is a 6720G2, A6 APU with a 6520G and a dedicated 6650 running in Crossfire enabled mode. The screen resolution is 1366 x 768, settings are the default "High" with shadows turned to low and no AA, with x16 AF. I have not tested it with any AA turned on as it's not my main gaming system... just something I like to test performance for the fun of it. ;)
    Anyway, those are the settings and the performance when running around the woods of Falkreath Hold is anywhere from 34 to 52. Most of the time it's +/- 40 FPS with the lowest dips occurring when looking across an expansive terrain, such as towards Whiterun on the road from Riverwood. When fighting wolves in the woods it would go down to 37-38 fps if using flame spells on them. In town it goes down to about 25 FPS and stays right there for the most part (CPU limitation imo). Inside buildings or caves it stays above 50 so far. I have not made it to Riften with that character so I can't compare.... I could probably get a little better fps if I tweaked it abit, but I have a nice desktop to play the game on, so I doubt I'll bother personally. :)

7. Russ369

Russ369 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Yeah after playing some more, lots of visual bugs with Skyrim, also its been crashing alot more often (to desktop)... pretty annoying

8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 1.5GB
    No issues here with b and Skyrim since clean installing them last night. Have played for hours from White Run To Winterhold to Markarth. Crossfire working natively now and no visual or IQ issues or crashes. Only difference is no longer need to force Oblivion profile.

Understand some are having problems and was wary of them a little at first but seem to be a-ok over here.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  9. Gregorez

Gregorez Member Guru

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    Can you check something please, run Skyrim renamed to ForceSingleGPU.exe and compare with results you have now. Coz for me with 11.11b it STILL runs slower then when single GPU is forced. Does anybody checks frame rates or compare just overall smoothness. No offense but i can't understand how people keep saying CFX works if single GPU runs fater.

10. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
    Because every set-up is different.

There has been games in the past that work on 5870 CF but crash on start up on a 5970 unlit later drivers, even though in theory there should of been no difference.

The same happend with 2 users running quadfire and 3x30 screen early on.

One had 6990+6970+6970 and the other 6990+6990.

6990+6970+6970 had more problems than the 6990+6990 initially.

11. Artifice

Artifice Member

GPU:
    unlocked 6950 2Gig xfire
    For me the 11.11b 's are a pos, the're sloppy when used with a single 6950 compared to the 11.11a which give timed driven frame rate.
    It's almost like the 11.11b's try and even out the frame rate (could be something with the frame buffer and 11.11b) instead of letting it flow how the engine (badly, a skyrim issue) and DX times it , it makes skyrims micro stutter issue seem less obvious but its a ****ty solution if it was intended or if its just the effects of a tempory dirty fix for whatever the issue is between Xfire the cat's and skyrim has, anyhow the 11.11b suck. If the 12.1 are anything like the 11.11b's i'll **** off the 7xxx series and go green instead.

use ENB series patch ppl it fix's skyrims micro stutter.

12. roryt2000

roryt2000 New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
    Asked this in the 11.11a thread, but I guess I'll ask it here too. Still having this issue:

So, what's the trick to installing these? I've uninstalled 11.11, run Windows Install Clean Up, Driver Sweeper, and TwL Cleaner. All traces of the previous driver are gone, yet when I try to install 11.11b, the only options I get when trying to install are Catalyst Install Manager, AMD APP SDK Runtime, and HydraVision. No driver, no CCC.

13. Atrex1

Atrex1 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire radeon HD 6990
    Actually same thing happened to me after i installed 11.11b before official release (2days ago)and then tried to rollback to 11.11a. i didn't like 11.11b had some windows experience issues with graphics, but now it seems like everyone is running perfect or atleast with better performance with the official 11.11b and 11.11 CAP2. so anyways i had to format my pc to get rid of that issue, and now going to try official 11.11b from amd's website. maybe the one here is the same but who knows, everyone blamed me on amd forums for using a leaked version of drivers and should have waited for it until its official release.

14. Russ369

Russ369 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Anyone on Twitter bring it up to catalystcreator regarding the graphical glitches?

15. wafu88

wafu88 Active Member

GPU:
    DDR3
    You can't rename the .exe file for Skyrim, due to the recent steam update...

You can disable CFX though.

The link provided by asder is the EXACT SAME IDENTICAL link on the official page.

16. pekka

pekka Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    same here so i installed them again and they worked now i can actually play BF3 wich i couldn´t before, it crashes as soon as i tried to set the value for MSAA in game settings skyrim however still crashes to desktop randomly, i tried to check creatives site for new drivers to my fatal1ty the PCI version with a front panel it wa is now discontinued no new drivers so could be my soundcard that is the problem.

But like i said i had the same issues no ccc,driver but after i installed them again rigt after they installed fine with ccc and so on.
    :)

17. Rodrigo7777

Rodrigo7777 New Member

GPU:
    CrossfireX HD5770
    Hello everybody.

First, I'm sorry but my english is a little bad.

I tried install the new fix for Catalyst 11.11 (11.11b), but I read the changelog and this writting: "AMD Radeon HD 5000 CrossFire support will be supported soon in an updated driver".

It's really true??? I got two HD5770....If I'll install this driver I don't will have any improvement?

Thx

18. pekka

pekka Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    probably not but the again i´m not 100% sure

19. snaipo

snaipo Member

GPU:
    someone can check ac:brotherhood/revelations?
    i have stutterings with this driver

20. diogo_cme

diogo_cme Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Cyclone 6850 OC
    Here we go again...