AMD Catalyst 11.11 WHQL (8.911.0 October 25) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    I've said the exact same things before. AMD fans are crazy, they refuse to accept that AMD can do any wrong. They will insult the users claiming there isn't anything wrong with the software then hypocritically ask for help when the same things go wrong for them. You can see that right on this forum.

Like I said before, this is my last AMD card since they refuse do anything about their atrocious driver department.

2. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    Why are so many people always having all kinds of driver issues - all the time? Really, I make my living in computer repair, and I've never seen more people with driver issues than the bunch of guys in this very subforum.

I've used AMD cards for some time now, and have yet to experience anything that you guys have complained about. Sure, my experience hasn't been golden all the way through, but I have not experienced 1/100th of what you guys always complain about.
    Driver installs never require DriveSweeper or even uninstalling the old drivers, and I NEVER have the problems that you guys are always in here yelling about.

For those that simply can't stand AMD, just ship! What's keeping you around? Do you guys think that AMD reads your posts here? If you've got a problem and actually care enough to let them know, use the proper channels, otherwise your rant goes unheard and your problem remains unsolved. Yelling here doesn't fix anything.
    If you hate AMD, quit using AMD and get something that you think you'll be happier with - but as a word of warning, you should probably check out the nVidia subforums just for reference... their experience isn't as golden as you had hoped it was going to be.

And for those that want AMD pounded into the ground, you lack forward thinking and really need to reflect on just what the implications of losing competition would do to everyone. Someone mentioned $2K nVidia cards. Maybe, maybe not - but the main point is that without competition, there is NO innovation because there's no need for it... no one to upstage, there's no one to outsell, and there's nothing to make nVidia try harder. Games would be stuck in 2011 graphics indefinitely, and you'd STILL be paying $2K for that card AND dealing with their driver issues.

So in short, ensure that the problem isn't actually a PEBKAC or ID-10t error, because most of what I see here (on a constant basis) is directly related to one or the other, and if you just can't get it straight, no one's forcing your hand - switch sides without prejudice and move on.

Psychlone

EDIT:
    Specifically for you, Neo, I really wanted to make it clear that THIS AMD user does not think that AMD can do no wrong... but my experience in computer repair (27 years) has shown me a lot of the ins and outs of people's behavior on their computers, and I've experienced a LOT... and FWIW, most of the problems that people have with drivers are usually caused by the users themselves. This forum is full of people that claim to know better - and for the most part, most do, but even in the nVidia driver threads there are obvious examples of people having driver issues that are pretty clearly user error.
    And, once again, no one is forcing you to stay. I hope that your new green card serves you well and that you don't have any of the problems that some of the nVidia users are experiencing.

Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  3. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Nice rant, but that ain't solving anyone's problem. Tell me this; why Aren't AMD releasing their driver in every Catalyst package? I can't even update to v11.11 because the bloody thing is MISSING!. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

4. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    why do we always have issues with only the same thing, ati driver, that's the real question. sorry but it's enought already we get into the trouble of building our own driver, now what, do i have to program myself too ??

guess what, i'm fixing computer since 15 years, i'm not a genious but i'm yet to come across a issue i couldn't locate and fix one way or another. but when something IS F'ED UP, it is, no matter what you do about it.
    i'm not an AMD hater, neither do i want to bash them, i fully realise we need competition to keep the price low, but ffs, at what cost ?? do we have to pay for hardware that sit there just so nvidia fanboy can buy their card for a lower price, that's it ??

really, most people who brag about never having any problem with AMD either only got a single GPU solution, or aren't playing to every new game when they're released, or maybe just using their computer 5min a day to check their email and watch a couple vids on youtube.

but you just spent 1200$ on a 6990 crossfire ? get ready for a world of pain, even my 4870x2 is still a P.I.T.A. to get a decent gpu usage, ON A 3YO DX9 CARD FFS !!! i had 2 3way sli rigs since i bought the ATI, i never had a 1/100th of the bug i had with the ATI one and yet i was using it on every single game day one.

so even if I was the 'tarded one, explain me why my nvidia rig doesn't bug just as much ?? is the lack of crossfire, blinking texture and low gpu usage my fault cause i'm such a n00b i can't use driver sweeper in safe mode ? and guess what, i'm both on AMD and Nvidia forum, and it's nowhere as near full of rants, thread saying "i'm off with that crap, going to the other side next time".

so sorry, but when it come to innovation and fair competition, the last thing that come to my mind is ATI ...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011

5. steved72

steved72 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming OC
    I installed the 11.11 last night. now i get BF3 cannot launch from origin. when in game i get flickering textures on my 5770. was not so bad with 11.10.

6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Well of course I know that a lot of issues are due to the user and like I mentioned earlier of course I've experienced problems with nVidia's drivers. But I'm not exactly an average user, I know the AMD driver issues I'm upset about are actually driver issues and not something I've done wrong. I'm actually on a relatively new installation of Windows, it's hard for it to be a user error when the OS drive is fresh and the AMD drivers have just been installed for the first time... and give the exact same results as they did on a previous installation of Windows.

The broken MLAA I'm complaining about was actually in AMD's change log. "Btw we broke MLAA, LOL!!" I updated drivers since eventually I didn't have a choice if I want certain games to work. I thought they would fix it in the future but it looks like they decided they will only leave it half functional permanently.

I bought this card since I hadn't owned an ATI card since an X800 XT All In Wonder an eternity ago. I thought for sure ATI's drivers must be far more reliable than they were such a long time ago. I didn't imagine that they could possibly get worse. A big factor was the price, often I don't have much of a choice if any at all (in the performance range I want). For $300 it was my only choice, the 570s at the time were $350 and are likely still in that price range.

I've gotten so much trouble with AMD's drivers this year, as have several of my friends, that I've decided next time I will simply not buy anything if an nVidia card is not in my price range.

7. EN[joi]DK

EN[joi]DK Active Member

GPU:
    msi 1060 6GB
    thanks asder00

epic drivers 11.11 + 11.11 cap 1 adding more fps and overall smooth gameplay. playing L.A.Noire, MW3 and BF3 - keep up the good work amd

8. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    pebkac

9. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
    BF3 running like a charm.

5970 4GB Quad Fire Sapphire toxics upto 90% gpu usage across all GPUs 2560x1600 60fps Vsync.

10. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
    If you try to start the game from the web browser first of then it may black screen.

11. sunnyd76

sunnyd76 New Member

GPU:
    Macbook Pro 2011 8GB
    Been running BF3 on mobility 11.10 on my macbook pro 2011 and was forced to stick to 1440 x 900. With everything on low it's been pushing out a playable 40-60 fps (not bad for a laptop, i think!)

Since updating to 11.11, i'm able to use 1680 x 1080 at the same fps! Not bad at all, plus 1080p is actually playable. Seems things are just smoother, despite only 4-5 fps extra at most. Maybe they've just reduced the minimum fps somehow

Very very happy - i'm not running a huge rig like most on these forums, so FPS actually matters to me ;)

12. LostHH

LostHH Active Member

GPU:
    XFX HD6950
    hahaha knowing sods law all the newly redundant AMD employees would then take jobs at Nvidia

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Many thanks asder!

Let this be a lesson to the rest, asder is the best.

14. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Removed

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  15. Zybane

Zybane Member

GPU:
    Quad SLI 3GB GTX580
    I bet most users that have no problems with AMD driver use a single middle-grade GPU to run a plain vanilla 1080P monitor.

All of the problems arise for use high-end folks that use multiple cards and/or Eyefinity. AMD sucks royal ass in support the high-end user.

From what I can tell, they do virtually no testing of eyefinity/multi-gpu setups to let the crap through that they do.

16. Aceje88

Aceje88 New Member

GPU:
    ATI 2x5870 4G
    The guy most definately has a point.

17. Prodigy Freak

Prodigy Freak Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH6850 DirectCU/2DI
    I never had eny issues with AMD drivers, really never. I update once in two months and even than dont notice any speed improvements, but everything works as its supposed so no complaints. I have a single 6850.

That being said, AMD could really write a new driver from the scratch and get that bloatware called Catalyst Control Center refined.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I can understand everyone's frustration but please note that people who's setup work without any issues rarely post on these forums. After all it's mostly people with problems that post here which should be but a fraction of all AMD users. I'm not trying to defend AMD for the part with CFX since new releases tend to have problems more often than no problems (Witcher 2, RAGE, Skyrim just to mention a few).

Another thing is that there are so many PC setups and different configurations to take into account. I suppose that if PCs were sold in no more than a few different configurations AMD/nVidia would have an easier time making the perfect drivers we all dream of. But then again, one guy having the same hardware as me could experience BF3 stuttering and crashes while I have no problems with BF3 whatsoever. "Blame the player, not the game"? Sometimes, that statement would be true but it would be unfair to blame the consumers. Perhaps AMD/nVidia should be clearer with educating it's customers regarding proper uninstall procedures and other tips that could mean the difference between a "clean" system and a "cluttered" one.

If AMD were to disappear from the consumer market I believe it would not favour us customers since the products would first of all be pricey and second of all nVidia would not have to care too much about making good products since there would not be any alternatives for us to choose from. nVidia would most likely focus on maximum profit and that is done by making cheap stuff, selling it with an expensive price tag and decrease customer support availability.

19. Erizo

Erizo Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3 GB
    Nevermind :( Driver stopped responding while starting up BF3... Back to old Catalyst for me!

20. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    I have a rational question? Why is it AMD doesn't include the required .inf files in every driver release. I can't even use it because the mobility version doesn't have it. And I'm pretty sure many other feel the same way.