AMD Catalyst 11.10 WHQL (8.902 October 12) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 31, 2011.

Tags:
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I think there would be ALLOT less of confusion IF AMD would let people know in the release notes what profiles/fixes they added for single GPU users. its all about communication. untill that happens people are still gonna wonder what fixes/profiles it brings etc.

2. foxX

foxX Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6800XT MERC
    same as preview 3; performance in Rage down the drain with 60% cpu and 60% gpu usage, texture pop-ins and all the jazz

reverting to preview 2

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    OK i guess these have been out log enough now to get some info from peeps.

are these drivers better than what i am currently useing.

Im running the Preview 3 drivers with cap 4. any reason why i should install these and if you do recommend i do install them do i use them with the same CAP im using.

4. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I had the 11.10 preview 2 installed at the time of BF3 release and found the performance to be very jumpy - it would be at 60FPS most of the time (with vsync on, 2xAA deferred, HBOA, medium post AA, High or Ultra textures) but very often it would drop right down when things got busy or respawn - it probably was to do with servers a bit but mostly it was horribly laggy. Both GPUs are being used but they only went to about 70-80% or less each. Also they are both running at 900MHz with watercooling.

I installed the preview 3 drivers and things didn't change much - in fact they appeared to get worse.

But things changed when I turned off hyper-threading and installed the CAP4 profiles. Now it is way smoother - appears to be staying locked at 60FPS (vsync on) and I haven't seen/felt it drop at all much below that. Both GPUs are now going up to over 90%-98% usage (according to MSI Afterburner panel on Logitech keyboard). I played a few online rounds on random 64 player conquest servers (my ping wasn't working at the time - it is now) and performance was so good I put textures back to Ultra and AA from SSOA to HBOA and it's still very smooth 60FPS - obviously there's very slight lag when massive amount of stuff going on but nowhere as bad as it was.

I didn't try 4xAA with these yet - but couldn't run it before this at all - suspect not enough memory on my 5970 for it - but I will try it soon.

p.s. for people with problem make sure you do the entire uninstall all, reboot, clear with driver sweeper, reboot back into VGA resolution and re-install. If you don't do all this you cannot be sure you actually have the drivers installed fully and correctly at all.

5. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    definetly this final has worst performance than preview1 , with or without caps 11.9 /4
    and iam talking about 10fps!!!!

6. DannyG

DannyG Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD6970
    Does anybody else having problems with JAVA/JDownloader on this drivers?

7. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    got crossfire to work..im getting no stuttering just ugly artifacts sometimes..the sort i got in the beta..

8. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Total fail with Rage...

9. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

fixed :)

10. Attackron46

Attackron46 Guest

GPU:
    XFX6970 x2 Crossfire
    New Cat's working great here XFX6970 crossfire BF3 and rage with max settings

11. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Game runs perfectly fine with me always... People... Turn OFF ULPS!!!

12. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    what is ULPS?
    EDIT:
    ULPS saves power by sorta disabling the second card when it is not needed.

Here is how to do it:

Go to registry and disable Ulps:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]

and change "EnableUlps" to 0 under the 0000 and 0001 or 0003 keys.

But I donĀ“t have crossfire...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  13. IchigoQc

IchigoQc Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 TI Boost Ed
    I had some issue with the preview 3 drivers from ATI but still it was the most performant to date for me at least ! The cap 3 wasn't working it causes real stuttering and was unplayable ! So after reading on forum, 11.10 pre3 was the most stable and playable for me without CAP

1 - When playing on High Preset in BF3 it feels "heavy" when I move but fraps report 70+ FPS ... so I guess it is called micro-stuttering ?! If I use medium Preset every thing is fine and smooth and it doesn't feel ugly with 80 + fps. GPU-Z reported 1440MB used of dedicated VRAM.

2- Load time is incredibly long !!!! Takes me 40 seconds to load a maps ! When using only 1 card it takes half the time and I can deploy before the countdown reachs zero !

3 - Second graphic card is running at 35% and isn't really hot about 48 degrees

With 11.10 WHQL + CAP4 on high preset it feels a lot smoother !!! I think it's because of the better frame balancing and the better use of the second GPU, when I quit Battlefield 3 after 2 hours of gameplay, it was at 64 degrees ! Ususally when running at 99% the first one is at 66 - 68 degrees !

Hope this help about the new driver ! I didn't test with RAGE because I lost confidence that it will eventually work on my machine, still getting the 1 FPS issue with or without crossfire after the intro but I will give it a try tonight !

14. So Sick

So Sick Guest

GPU:
    twinfrII HD6950 1000/1475
    When I had crossfire I always went into the registry right after driver install to put ulps on 0 and then the 2nd card didn't have the "freewheeling"behaviour anymore that you describe. Afterburner should solve this issue as well normally but when you experience issues I would try and run the game with Afterburner removed from the pc. Try the game without Onscreen display from gpu-z or MSI AB or wqhatever u use. Just install the driver..., ulps set to 0 and further just the game... A lot of times my solution was reimaging windows and perform a clean driver install...that works better than whatever u will try.
    Ever since I have only 1 card I can run every driver over the previous one without any issues what so ever.. what a world of difference...
    I loved the configuring of CF as well though and I would place a second card again if I had one. I love making my pc faster and CF most of the time uis up for performance tweaks or just finding the normal performance

Ow and when u find the game feeling heavy when rendering 80 frps try using vsync...I run 3500x1920 with vsync on ...system runs 30 fps and it feels just fine.

btw turning off ulps disables powertune (is that the correct name for the clocking back and annoying me feature) This is also a major performance improvement on just 1 card. I always put it on '0' when I think of it. The card even throttles when it's in full motion with the ULPS ghost haunting through your holy rig...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  15. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950@6970 2GB
    Works good for me but there is absolutely no difference between Preview 3.

16. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    completely breaks rage lol, everything is all blue now.

17. brinco218

brinco218 New Member

GPU:
    HIS 5870 Stock
    Fresh install here of Rage + Patch 1 and everything it's kind of Blue. Any tips ?

18. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I've been having a problem with the last couple of official releases. When I install the driver it will say something like completed but with errors but the error log doesn't show any errors. I always install the drivers "properly" by removing the old ones from the control panel and then cleaning up the left overs with Driver Sweeper.

19. Nwanko

Nwanko Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW 2151/5000
    10-15fps less then with the 11.10 preview 3. cf not auto enabled,still have to alt+tab it.

20. elmagnifico

elmagnifico Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    A Total nightmare when running Rage... :bang: