AMD Catalyst 11.1 (Official WHQL) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Thanks for answer, I will try them now!

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The hotfixes also have more improvements for the 6 series as well, as shown by the release notes here :- http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=337014 , and they are the very latest drivers, as dated the 19th, the officials are dated the 4th, so are a few weeks older :)

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Weird i cannot install this driver on my set up :/ , driver failed to install , i tried 3 times and different methods of installments to my knowledge this drivers do not like my HDTV LCD either via HDMI , it seems that AMD knows it will cause BSOD to HDTV LCD users via HDMI and they did something to prevent this driver from installing , well i will patiently wait for the next good drivers :) as i dont have any problems at all with latest 10.12 using HDTV LCD via HDMI in W7x64bit.

4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    What on earth is the point to this...

You'd be mad to play it when disabled. It's ugly as sin with all the jaggies.

5. eMbAh

eMbAh Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Can someone tell me about the "mouselag" bug? That sounds so horrible, is it only with 2 displays? And also does it even matter if I install these drivers with a 5870? I see everyone cares about Tesselation and MLAA. I don't care about that at all. All I play is quakeworld, quakelive, StarCraft 2 and Aliens vs Predator. I'm on 10.3 right now and they have been the fastest so far out of any driver release. 10.12 was very good, but It lagged when I scrolled the screen in sc2, which btw is a problem im not sure I heard others have, but maybe they just didnt pay attention to it, I dont know. I haven't tested it on other similiar computers to my own with different drivers.

6. saif

saif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Im fine with the hotfix 19.01 ... besides those are newer than these...

7. gamer1291

gamer1291 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX-GTX-1070-O8G
    Should i install the hotfix even if i have 5850? should i be expecting some performance improvements?

I would like to know if installing the hotfix is better than whql.

8. Enmity

Enmity Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FE SLI
    5-6 series crossfire users - whats ur feedback on these? are you settling with the officials or the hotfix? and if so which hotfix out of the what?...3 hotfixes lol...I want the hotfix which does NOT crank my gpu usage on secondary card up to 99% whilst at desktop - ive had that with the 10.12s and ive heard its in the officials and at least one of the hotfixes. What do you guys recommend? anyone got benchies showing some of the improvements?

9. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
  10. steveyc27

steveyc27 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    I don't have an option in CCC for Crossfire Power Option, I currently have 11.1a installed. In 10.12 there was an option where you could turn off Crossfire power management I believe. Or should I even worry about it?

11. spyre

spyre Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    It was removed.

12. steveyc27

steveyc27 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    Thanks! I take it there will be no issue with crossfire power management if they removed it.

13. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Jan 13th Hotfix has the broken opengl bug in uniengine heaven's benchmark with tessellation. Part of the models are missing.

Jan 19th hotfix - same as current Jan 26th official hotfix is better if you play opengl games, except for the 100% bug on some systems. But I do not have this bug on my CFX setup.

14. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I am using the Jan 26th Hotfix (leaked on Jan 19th) and do not have this mouselag bug.

Also, if you play quake games, you SHOULD upgrade to this hotfix 11.1a hotfix over the WHQL since they fixed a lot of opengl compatibility issues with old game engines.

The only issue is that this opengl version is single threaded so no improvement with CFX but it is stable.

Or go back to the older 10.10e drivers which supposedly have the fastest multithreading opengl driver for 4/5 series with CFX support.

I tested Doom3, ETQW, Wolf:ET, Sin 1 + WoS addon, Ananchronox, Star Trek Elite forces 1 and 2, and Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2. All works. Now if I can only find some working 16:9 widescreen patches for Sin and Anachronox then I am happy.

15. r3lu

r3lu Member

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti
    I found that the Catalyst 11.1 (Official WHQL) offers worse overall 3D performance than the hotfix (11.1e 26Jan) ! For example 3DMark 11 counts 5596 points, where i had 5800 points with the first Catalyst 11.1e (21 Jan, i think) and 5788 points with the fixed one from Jan 26.
    3DMark Vantage also shows a similar behaviour.

Tessellation performance goes up significantly:
    Nvidia island11 tessellation demo gives 9,82 FPS with the hotfix 11.1e 26Jan, and 14.2 FPS with Catalyst 11.1 (Official WHQL)
    Heaven benchmark shows 4-5 FPS more with the WHQL than the hotfix

Problems:
    My Radeon HD 6970 seems less stable with the AMD Catalyst 11.1 (Official WHQL), than with the hotfix. My card has a maximum stable OC of 925/1525MHz with the 11.1e 26Jan, and only 920/1475MHz with the 11.1 WHQL

Looks like one step forward, two steps back with the WHQL Catalyst drivers :(

16. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    ok, that would be perfy. I'll check later :).

17. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    Nope not there. I got the Tess slider only after un-installing the 11.1 WHQL drivers and installing the 11.1a hotfix.

18. Scyphe

Scyphe Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 6GB
    11.1 WHQL does not include Tessellation settings, only the hotfix drivers.

19. Sagus

Sagus Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    Does the CC2's system tray icon not auto-load with windows for everyone or just me? Anyone knows of a way to make it?

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    It auto-loads for me everytime fine.