AMD Catalyst 10.9 drivers releasing Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AuDioFreaK39, Sep 15, 2010.

1. AuDioFreaK39

AuDioFreaK39 Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon HD 5970 2GB
    AMD Catalyst spokesperson Terry Makedon just tweeted that he intends to post the Catalyst 10.9 driver release on the company site sometime tomorrow.

[​IMG]

http://twitter.com/CatalystMaker/status/24535328792

We'll do a quick write-up of the new feature set along with some 3DMark Vantage Performance benchmarks to compare them against Catalyst 10.8 ;)

Cheers,

The Fudzilla Team
    http://fudzilla.com

2. mikami

mikami Active Member

GPU:
    evga gtx 780 ti
    oh wow thanks audiofreak can't wait I hope these will bring the legendary 10.5 crossfire performance!

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Place your bets people! :D

4. robert1990

robert1990 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 iCoolerV750/1100
    Oh yeah, bring it on mate!!!! :)

5. Cobrass2

Cobrass2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Fingers crossed@

6. LostHH

LostHH Active Member

GPU:
    XFX HD6950
    Well all I have is scaling issues (hdmi connection, black borders etc) which are solved as soon as I open ccc.
    I will try these if they are released today otherwise I'll go back to either 10.6 or.5

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    So what will ATI have broken this month then? Hmmm.... can't wait to find out! :D

8. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    It's little too fast guys? In middle of month. I smell bad drivers... :3eyes:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  9. LostHH

LostHH Active Member

GPU:
    XFX HD6950
    Yeah? I smell rushed fixes to numerous problems that everyone is having ;)

10. mercury_22

mercury_22 Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7770
    Yeah! Me too :mad4::)
    Starting with 9.12 I've lost one resolution 1920x1080@59, 10-bit RGB video (10.6), clipping of black levels in EVR (the default renderer for Windows Media Player !) with "Use application settings" (and I'm using RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Format PC Standard Full RGB !), also I'll never understand why HDMI it's by default Underscan and so on ...:biggun:

But I'm glad I'm not a gamer cause the list will be way longer ... :D:angel:

11. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    How about not go to some ****ty premier and do your job CatalystBreaker?

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Is it a WHQL driver, or the driver that has been submitted the WHQL that they are releasing early to benefit those with resolved issues?

Remember, any issues stated with the 10.8 release upon request cannot be resolved till at least Catalyst 10.10, since Catalyst 10.9 is basically finalised at the release point of 10.8. So, problems reported with 10.8 immediately will give ATI almost 4 weeks to find, fix, test, and submit to WHQL for the 10.10 release. Any bugs reported say, now, won't have a chance to get in the 10.10 driver, so you'd have to wait till at least 10.11.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation, just want to get in first because I know there will be issues still present in this driver that were reported for 10.8, and people will complain. Simple response is, even if ATI are rushing through the fix, if it wasn't known until after 10.8 release, it physically can't be present in a WHQL driver so quickly :)

This is where ATI can improve, they could release the driver submitted to WHQL each month immediately as a 'beta' driver, and enthusiasts can report on any issues present in the driver. The driver should clearly be listed as a beta driver, and when installed have beta referenced in the installer. Even though issues reported won't make the WHQL release, it means any issues reported and present in the WHQL release can have a good chance of being fixed by the next WHQL release, and not have the (minimum) 2 WHQL delay :)

Just my thought :)

13. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Well I think they are releasing these for the 6770 that is suppose to be released 13 October. So for any bug fixes and stuff driver 10.10 should fix it.

14. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    So what are the chances of them fixing the Ruse crashes on 5970 cards, bring back 10.5a crossfire performance and fix the issues 4870x2 folk have been getting?

Tell you what, the chance is a big fat 0. Maybe in CAT 10.12 but wont hold my breath.

Will try them out but no doubt it will be the 4th release now that I will have to roll back to 10.5a again to play everything else but SC2.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  15. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    4870x2 issue is supposedly fixed with 10.8 hotfix. but i agree, they should bring back crossfire performance.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    it wasnt for me. :( my cpu oc gets blamed in other threads aswell.

17. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Roger Waters is one of the best musicians ever.

I'm going on Saturday, Pink Floyd rocks.

18. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Yep, que the whinning/complaining occasional trolling... really looking forward to it

19. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    Expectations :

- 2D/3D clock bug is back
    - X2 cards 2nd GPU bug is back
    - BFBC2 bugs are back
    - a new bug(s) will be introduced and will not be fixed before 11.1

on the plus side , I tried PES2011 demo using 10.8b and I am amazed how well it plays, very good visuals, ultra-smooth frame rate, a new blur effect in replays looks cinematic, good job Konami !!

20. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Didn't know there was a PES11 demo, need to get it tonight. The full release out soon?

PES10 was cool, far better than the failboat that was PC version of FIFA10.