AMD Catalyst 10.10d Hotfix Win7 Von modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Von Dach, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    Probably Eyefinity have something to do with CAP, if you have switched to latest CAP you have being fine, I can't see something else.

You can test it with your current driver too and CAP Switcher: switch to dummy, check, switch back to latest. If you do that please report back.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  2. Scarecrow23

Scarecrow23 Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 320
    I wish I could down-vote/delete threads harder.

The quality of the drivers not-with-standing, the package and script running them are absolutely atrocious. You can't actually install anything in safe-mode from it but it isn't mentioned anywhere (even though it's assumed you'd be re-booting to safe-mode), but once you've tried you already passed the point of no return. Somehow it's completely jacked up my computer so I can't install new drivers in safe-mode, can only load into non-safemode windows if it's after a system restore from earlier today, and from then the same error persists if I try changing my drivers at all. Something about failing to load detection drivers. So now I get to re-download this horrible ass package and just install it on top of my current drivers in the hopes it fixes it so I can yet again try to uninstall everything and reinstall the normal 10.10d drivers. As of this point a 4 hour process that should have taken 20 minutes tops.

In short, go to hell.

3. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    In short you don't followed the install.txt carefully. Nobody have to go in safe-mode. You think you're smart but you should buy yourself a Xbox360... :bolt:

4. syncore

syncore Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    Can't blame him since you didn't follow the instructions, which clearly indicate that even if you think you're "elite," you should still read them once anyway....

5. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    Videocard: eVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 320

^There's your problem right there. That didn't even take 20 seconds...

6. Scarecrow23

Scarecrow23 Member

GPU:
    None of that is current.

And your readme is ****ing atrocious, as is the script you have written, that's the point, but since you're clearly English impaired and just generally ****ing retarded here let me point it out.

No-where do you mention safe-mode at all so when you say "as usual" and don't mention anything to the contrary, that means go into safe-mode.

But hey keep throwing those straw-man arguments guys they're really effective, unlike this package!!!

7. jaykop

jaykop Active Member

GPU:
    1080 g1 gaming sli
    LOL :banana::):banana:

8. Scarecrow23

Scarecrow23 Member

GPU:
    Figures first 3 pages are of people with the exact same issue, should have read it more carefully to figure out these are trash (assumed they couldn't follow simple directions but woops it's the horrible directions!). I had a glaring suspicion when I started it but went ahead with it anyway against my better judgement. Oh well, hopefully one of their solutions works and my bitching steers away anyone else from downloading this.

9. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    listen kid, no one put a gun in your head to try out a UNOFFICIAL MODED DRIVER, if you dint want to be part of the hassle of TESTING a mod driver then think twice before u install any app, driver, hello kitty online, game.

and if u had a bad experience doing so, well it seems you fixed the problem, CONGRATS!, now carry on and let us noobs deal with such a burden, dont be unpolite to people, who with their spare time, try to help.

10. pastor_marco

pastor_marco Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Scarecrow,

Are saying you couldn't understand his instructions and yet you went ahead and tried to install the driver, anyways?

LOL. The irony.

- Marco

11. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    i know is not good for bussiness but thread postings should have a minimum req of 20+ years old.

12. GaBBa-Gandalf

GaBBa-Gandalf Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x XFX HD6970 2GB
    I tried the newest version of these driver! Works perfect!

13. garwoyden

garwoyden New Member

GPU:
    ASUS TOP GTX 670 1313Mhz
    Hi, thanks for your driver!

But there is one thing I don't understand. After installing this driver my CPUID CPU-Z shows link width: "x4", before updating to this tweaked driver it was "x16"!

I'm running a single HD 5870! (so it's not a crossfire issue)

I followed the instructions given in this thread for removal, but still no luck.
    I've tried installing these drivers three times now.. but still only "x4"!
    When I revert back to 10.10c (from AMD site) I get my "x16" back..

Any thoughts about this? :bang:

14. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Just checked. x16 here. Strange.

15. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    Did you try the infamous "Default" Button on the bottom right?

Always reset all to 'Defaults'

'Defaults'

'Defaults'

also this was set to 'Advanced' Catalyst A.I.

Single card users I think you need to set this to Standard or you'll have loss of performance. Depends on your card. I have a single 5670.

The difference in these drivers vs. 10.10c and the rest, wow, great job!

Still looking for a Testing Program to verify each new option.

Anyone? Games don't help, the screen changes without identifying the option.

16. TheJakeyl88

TheJakeyl88 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 - 1GB
    Win 7 x64 here with a 5850. Just wanted to say MLAA is working just fine with these drivers. I took the modded .inf and put it in the install directory, ran the catalyst install and it used the modded .inf just like it would the regular one, after the install, boom, MLAA option was there. Works in all my games, MOH, Battlefield series, L4D2, Fallout NV, SCII, and Force Unleashed II, oh and Dirt II as well. I love it! Also enabled the HQ AF option now there, too.

These are probably the best drivers I've used on the 5850 since the 9.12's, don't get me wrong, 9.12-10.9 have ALL worked flawlessly but these drivers just seem to be perfect, options are all there with the modded .inf, the video settings all are perfect, video seems better, games are much better looking, just everything is better.

Just when I thought I couldn't squeeze much more out of this 5850, I get all these new options, IQ has increased while still maintaining 60FPS V-Sync MLAA, 8XAF HQ, HQ Textures, @ 1920x1200. Can't ask for anything else thank that.

*Also numerous studies show that x4, x8, x16 are virtually identical, so even if it really did change the lane bandwidth (which it can't) you wouldn't see any difference at all. These programs, like temps, ect, report wrong all the time due to various reasons, its no biggie :)

17. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    BFBC2 performance is still not quite there with 10.5a, it looks like I will be FOREVER sticking with them, at least until 6990 :D (and even then I doubt things will improve)

18. mmsandi

mmsandi Master Guru

GPU:
    that is not true, x4 limits bandwidth by 15% approximately ..and x8 is still therewith x16, within 1-2%

19. Touche

Touche Member

GPU:
    ATI 4670 512MB
    This is...priceless!

Wait, I have to read that one again...no, that can't be right...did you really write that?! :giggle2:

Some hints for you:

a) 99.99 % of the time, Safe Mode is not the way to do things, and it especially ain't for installing drivers

b) if you know anything about computers at all, you should've made an image of your system before messing with it. It takes 10 min to restore it to pristine state.

20. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    genetix_final424b-Win7 x64 Von modded

Just for fun I made a "genetix_final424b-Win7 x64 Von modded". Info on TwL builds: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322616
    Don't expect it to beat 10.10d image quality and performance, it's build on older drivers release.

http://www.filefront.com/17492650/genetix_final424b-Win7 x64 Von modded.rar
    http://www.multiupload.com/EBSPDK33S0

Goal of this mod is high quality texture with fast processing on cards that stay in high-power state. This driver remove jerkiness, fps drops and flickering. Higher visual quality - faster snappier processing feel.
    No Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP) are loaded, pure default driver coding. I recommend not adding CAP for quality and stability.

-No Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP) loaded. Fix jerkiness/stuttering, fps drops, flickering, faster snappier processing feel.
    -SurfaceFormatReplacements Disabled (not shown)
    -TextureLod HiQuality (not shown)
    -TFQ (Texture Filtering Quality) HiQuality (not shown)
    -EnableUlps (Disable ATI CrossFireX power settings) Enabled (not shown). Fix additional CFX jerkiness/stuttering, random crash to desktop.
    -DXVA_WMV (Windows Video Media Acceleration) Disabled (selectable)
    -AreaAniso (High Quality AF) HiQuality (shown)
    -Geometry Instancing Enabled (shown)
    -Adaptive Anti-Aliasing>Quality>Super-sampling Enabled (more shown)
    -Catalyst AI Advanced (shown)
    -CAP Switcher 10.10b Nov4

*Some options not shown because they take the place of higher value settings in CCC.

1. Read carefully the included "install-[Readme].txt"

2. Uninstall everything (NVIDIA > ATI)

3. Run TwL's "ati_****-cleaner and installation v3.6.5.cmd" to clean-up residues and to install new modded driver. Reboot.
    -If you choose official inf, you get Von modded inf
    -if you choose modded inf, you get TwL + Von modded inf. Von's settings taking over when conflicting with TwL's ones.

4. Run circles around your enemies! :biggun:

Notes
    If a game doesn't work good, CAP Switcher 10.10b Nov4 included in \extra folder.