AMD Catalyst 10.10d Hotfix Win7 Von modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Von Dach, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Brandon_34

Brandon_34 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    I went to the extra folder and picked the dummy cap recommended option at the command prompt(assuming I did this correctly) rebooted fired up bfbc2 now xfire didn't work then when I died the first time and the map reloaded crossfire starting working. Will have to try dirt 2.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Be sure to try changing vsync mode if xfire doesnt work in Dirt2.
    I've sat here for a few minutes before now just changing vsync in game, waiting for xfire to start working.
    Sometimes its immediate.
    Also the way it changes between xfire on/off varies each time I start the game, so if you get no success, load it again.

3. Brandon_34

Brandon_34 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    yeah I tried dirt 2 still crossfire doesn't work but no biggie. A single 5850 is fast enough for this game

4. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    The modded driver have the dummy CAP by default, you should try "2. Install official CAP". Reboot.

5. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Thanks for your reply and thanks for the driver, as well.

I was on TwL's v3.50 (10.5a-based) driver and wanted to try something new. I tried yours and got the lag I mentioned above. Nothing helped. I then tried TwL's v4.23b drivers, had no lag in Crysis, but my 2nd GPU's core remained stuck at 3d clocks after exiting a game.
    I then tried the official 10.10d hotfix drivers with the 10.10 CAPs. This time, no 3d bug but I got the same lag that I got with your drivers.
    Finally, I installed TwL's v1.08 (10.5a-based) along with the 10.10 CAPs and everything is fine again.

Anyway, I don't know if your drivers (and the official 10.10d's) are more "demanding" (offer better quality at the price of speed) or if they are just less optimized (for my system, at least) because I wasn't able to pinpoint the reason that I got this response lag. I always keep Crysis installed as a form of benchmark or standard even though I don't really play it anymore, and if it doesn't run well, I know there's something wrong and prefer different drivers.

So I'm back on TwL's 10.5a-based drivers and for me, CFX works, no bugs, and things are pretty smooth.

Thanks again for your effort.

6. Metz

Metz Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850 TOP CF
    I seem to not have very good performance with these at all. Vantage scores about 2,000 points lower. I used the same inf tweaks from these drivers with the 10.10a's just to compare and the 10.10a was much improved. Something about these new ones my machine doesnt like. I also included the same CAP files in both driver setups, which are the lastest.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  7. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    I just tested Crysis with modded driver default, no CAP. Work very good, no lag, CFX is enabled. Maybe you are confounding lag with motion blur in-game setting?

8. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Nah, not motion blur. When I turned it just lagged; responded only after a 1/4 second. I'm not saying that there is a specific problem with crysis. It is just APPARENT in crysis, on my rig.

9. bolden

bolden Active Member

GPU:
    GTX260
    does this driver can down clock to 157/300 in 2D mode when you OC 5800 cards?

10. Brandon_34

Brandon_34 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    did that and yes that did work like a charm. Crossfire is working great in bfbc2 now thanks.

11. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    If the official driver do that, yes it should too, you can check that with MSI Afterburner.

12. pphx459

pphx459 Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970 2gb
    Hi Von, what is a "dummy" cap, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

Also, your drivers are working perfectly. Thank you for these awesome drivers.

As for BC2, crossfire is working, but occasionally I get black screen flickers, especially in places where there are a ton of textures, ie. jungles, etc. Is there a way to fix this?

Don't think this has anything to do with it but I have a 24" and a 30". The 30" is the primary where the game is being played on.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  13. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Flickers: I got them too in rare occasions, with CAP you have more frequent but black bar only flickers. The same thing happen in official driver and it's related to CFX for sure, I don't get them single card. You may try Catalyst AI Standard and others CFX rendering mode with RadeonPro maybe.

14. pphx459

pphx459 Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970 2gb
    Thanks bro, also, what is a "dummy" cap?

15. cocoy47

cocoy47 New Member

GPU:
    Powercolor 4670 1gb ddr3
    wow it really feels snappier.my test games are now smooth than when using 10.5a and 10.10 official drivers.:banana:

16. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    I should read my first post and Catalyst Modified thread.

Long story short, when you remove Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP), a lot of issue seem to evaporate, specially for CFX. The driver don't like the CAP file (atiapfxx.blb) to be deleted but is happy with a 0KB dummy. In rare case of a game working better with CAP, you can apply back latest CAP with included CAP Switcher.

17. pphx459

pphx459 Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970 2gb
    Gotcha thanks!

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    this work for vista 64 (ultimate)? did try but no joy. so far havent found one driver for my os with mlaa...grr.

anyone? :)

19. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    driver seems to be good. All the options I think show up.

"MLAA, High Quality AF, Enable geometry instancing"

how to test the features to see if they are actually doing what they are intended to? Is there a Graphical Testing Piece the separately distinguishes each feature? Otherwise I'd say so what!

20. Dragontorc

Dragontorc Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    To Von

Tried your drivers mate. They were fine untill i did the following. Ive no idea what happened/went wrong though.

Set up eyefinity using 3 different monitors, tried Grid, went back to extended desktop.
    After that when running Grid after the title video the gfx corrupted totally into polygons.
    Re-installed grid, removed cfg files etc, no fix.
    Re installed 10.10 standarddrivers and all is well. Something during the monitor change overs must have corrupted the drivers so ive no idea.

This is not a question, just FYI incase you get any questions.