AMD Catalyst 10.10d Hotfix Win7 Von modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Von Dach, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    Yes no CAP + quality settings will go in the registry.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    y0 von atm im downloading the drivers, are these 64bit?

3. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    I'm still working on the 128 bits version, so yeah sorry only 32 and 64 bits. ;)

4. sidhu88

sidhu88 Member

GPU:
    ATI 4570M
    It installed using the "have disc" method.. seems to be fine! i'll let u know how it performs.... Wat mods am i missing by not installing ur CCC??

5. pastor_marco

pastor_marco Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    ^^^^

LOL, Von!

Just wanted to say what someone above me already said - TwL's ati_****_cleaner.sh does not ever remove the standard vga driver and it removes old settings that DriverCleaner/Sweeper doesn't do and is the only real way to completely clean ATI drivers from the system... If you don't use it - you'll be using old settings from your old driver and not even realize it. I've verified this myself.

- Marco

6. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    You don't miss any mod, you can't edit them, that's all. In fact if you have a old notebook driver with CCC functional you may try this:
    1.Install you old driver with CCC.
    2. Manually update driver in Device Manager with 10.10d mod.
    So you may have a old CCC with 10.10d mod driver. *may work*
    Report it back here if you try that please.
    Edit: The latest notebook CCC working is probably this one: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3755841&postcount=13

Ok don't do that, I think I found what I need, I'll release a complete notebook modded driver in some hours.

I prefer myself to use TwL cleaner, but I'm pretty sure my mod will install fully without it for average joe. Most people will follow you three click away, no more. Don't even think about making them read an install.txt, it's sad but true.

7. sidhu88

sidhu88 Member

GPU:
    ATI 4570M
    u've added super sampling in aaa? n high quality af in af?? Then i can see those options n i'll try ur nect release as well when u do put it out!

8. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    hi von, ive just intalled the 10.10d build that u made,

i havent tried any games yet but i went into the ccc panel and checked for the POWER PLAY DISABLE tick and theres is none available (not showing) in any of the tabs of the ccc panel

my procedure was

1.- UNINSTALL DRIVERS

2.- REBOOT IN SAFE MODE (F8)

3.- IN SAFE MODE: USED DRIVER CLEANER.NET(PAYED VERSION), DRIVERSWEEPER (GURU3D) to delete any driver stuff

4.- REBOOT IN NORMALMODE

5.- USED TWL ATI SHET CLEANER INSTALLER (to make sure and install properly)

6.- I CHOOSED MOD INF.

7.- ASSESMENT TOOL ENABLED AT NEXT BOOT YES.

8.- REBOOT

9.- CHECKED CCC PANEL FOR TWEAKS AND SETTINGS

what ive found out after opening the ccc, yes HQ AF was enabled by default, and I.A. was in advance by default.

ONLY: no sign of power play feature.
    Is this tweak enabled by default on registry? or am i missing someting.

thanks for your time i hope this helps. cheers.

9. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Yes Powerplay for CFX is disabled (Ulps Enabled) in the registry by default in the modded driver. If the option is enabled to be shown in CCC then CatalystAI option disappear from CCC, I made the choice that CatalystAI is more important to show.

10. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    You are my man on this one!

Some asked for notebook version of the modded driver, here it is:

http://www.filefront.com/17473593/AMD_Catalyst_10.10d_Hotfix_Win7_Nov1_Von_modded_Notebook.rar
    http://www.multiupload.com/I5MU7CER9W

1. Uninstall old device driver from Control Panel> Program Uninstall. Reboot.

2. Open Device Manager> Display Adapters> Update Driver Software> Browse my computer for driver software> [Pinpoint to the uncompressed modded driver folder, include subfolders]. Reboot.

3. Download and install latest Catalyst Control Center + Optional Downloads from official AMD site: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx#2

4. Run circles around your enemies! :biggun:

I have no means (hardware) to check if they work, you are guinea-pigs on this one. I'm waiting community comments to know if this go through setup routine.

11. sidhu88

sidhu88 Member

GPU:
    ATI 4570M
    Lol! No problem!

I tried these as well just for fun n they work!

In game performance is nice! Definitely noticed faster performance on BFBC2!

Gr8 job!!

12. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Ok thanks a lot sidhu88 , so I'll keep this one as my official notebook modding routine.

13. Altra001

Altra001 Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD7990
    Hello Von

Awsome work. Go the modded drivers. :banana:

I have a few questions for you:
    Why do you no longer need the CAP? Have you included it in the drivers?
    AA set to Simple Sample (Something like that) opposed to Boxed?

I tried another guys modded drivers and found this option to slow all my games down. Once changed back to Boxed, everything ran fine.
    Can you give me a little more info on this configuration change and performance benefits?

Again, awsome work :)

14. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    First post is quite clear about what this driver is. I don't have touched AA, it's Boxed and Application Setting. You can edit it if you want. Adaptive AA is on but that don't affect performance much, change it if you want. CAP? go read this thread upward http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322616&page=110 , answers are there.

15. pastor_marco

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    You see, this is a perfect example of why you want to use TwL's ati_****_cleaner.sh - because I'm certain that the reason your CCC was reporting that was not because Von's drivers had anything to do with it but rather because this is what was left over in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\amdkmdag

Which isn't removed by DriverCleaner/Sweeper (neither of them) and isn't removed by the ATI default uninstall procedure. It stays there unless you use ati_****_cleaner.sh.

Now, if the settings didn't get changed by installing Von's modded drivers - that's another issue - which could be a bunch of different reasons - most likely by not following the instructions (which one is RUN ATI_****_CLEANER.SH - lol!)...

Anyways, hopefully you get it sorted out.

By the way, if I'm wrong about the above - feel free to correct me but this is based on my own experience.

- Marco

16. Altra001

Altra001 Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD7990
    Sorry Von my bad. Im getting my Forums crossed. :bang:
    Thanks for the redirect.

Very interesting point about CAP's.
    Downloading your drivers now.

Again, sorry about the confusion.

Cheers mate.

17. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    I will test your opinion by volontary messing up my settings, them uninstall only from control panel and reinstall. I'll see if some messed settings stick in. I'll report back later (may take some hours). Like I said, I use TwL cleaner myself, you can't just expect Ron Jeremy to do so... ;)

Edit: Ok you are right, some messed bits stood there after reinstall. I'll try to put that clearer to old fat moustache ****ers how to install.

18. pastor_marco

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Von,

What exactly is the amdkmdag service, anyways? I've noticed that you can pull it up with device manager (show hidden devices must be checked) and it's in the non-plug and play devices.

I'm not completely sure, but I suspect that the service still runs even after you remove ati drivers using conventional methods...

Obviously it stores settings that relate to the drivers but why a service? What does the "kmdag" stand for?

LOL - sorry - I'm a noob and I've only owned my ATI card for a few months. Before that I almost exclusively ran Nvidia (not because I was loyal to them - just how it always worked out).

- Marco

19. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    amdkmdag, stand for "AMD & Krusty Mixed in Dagestan"

The latest Nvidia drivers now have a option for a clean install, they even clear their old winsat assessment! It's quite clear to me they have come in the TwL thread.

20. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    y0 von, the EnableUlps = 31 in hexadecimal is OFF rite?