AMD cat 8.93 (Nov. 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Valagard

Valagard Guest

You need to uninstall CCC

If you can't uninstall it, download Microsoft Fixit and run it, select Catalyst Control Center, uninstall it, then reboot, run the ATI install package driver, install CCC, reboot, you'll have CCC back

2. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Valagard: i found out is due to microsoft visual C++ 2010 redistributable can't recognize the version.. view log stated missing installation visual C++

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    for me they do save :S

4. iamgamefreak

iamgamefreak Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 265 Dual-X
    I have tried so many beta drivers in the past, never has this occurred to me. It's only after i installed these 8.93(Nov 29) that i have getting yellow error signs after installation. Seems like some files are not getting removed properly..

5. illprem

illprem Member

GPU:
    These 8.93 drivers are quickly separating the men from the boys... If you don't know much about computers, please stick to AMD's official drivers. It will save you a lot of trouble

6. snaipo

snaipo Member

GPU:
    very low performance in ac:revelations. 11.11b/c much better

7. iamgamefreak

iamgamefreak Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 265 Dual-X
    It's still there but uninstalling from the device manager seems to solve it...:)

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Works fine for me on Dota 2 and Skyrim on a single-GPU 5570 setup :)

9. midweskid

midweskid Guest

Gave me more stuttering in Skyrim than with 11.11b. Going to uninstall these and try out 11.11c

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

So, how should the CAP's be installed? Should I install the latest from AMD's site? The 1's bundled with the driver? Or not at all? Or is this something I'd have to manually go find out by testing :p

11. Czarnodziej

Czarnodziej Member

GPU:
    6950 SHADER MOD
    omfgz
    need.
    That.
    Driver.
    Now!

12. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    You're catching on quite fast. :p

In any case, you should try with no CAP at all, then test the CAPs later on; you could run Setup.exe again to install the CAP included in this driver.
    What works on someone else's system would probably not work (the same) on yours.
    And what with the 'experimental' nature of this driver, lower your expectations.

13. @ST

@ST Member

GPU:
    660 ti

have fun ;)

14. bkandor

bkandor Active Member

GPU:
    2@ xfx290 black

What cap do you install with this driver?

15. bkandor

bkandor Active Member

GPU:
    2@ xfx290 black
    These drivers do not work with eyefinity, they stretch out the center monitor in the display group so that the bezel compensation bar is 2/3 of the way on the right screen, and what should be the right hand side of the right screen is seen on the left hand side of the right screen - headache even describing it. Too bad, I was looking forward to testing these.

16. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Getting this in L4D2, only game that does it, seems like a problem with the drivers

I go back to the drivers on the 3rd or 11.10's and it stops

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting this with 11.11c's as well

EDIT: Seems that with the 11.11c and the 12.01RC1 drivers AMD has introduced tweaks for L4D2 and L4D2 alone, I don't see these issues in other games like TF2 or L4D1, and I see in the patch notes that L4D2 got paid attention too in this driver, so I think they messed something up

EDIT2: Video of it in action, looks like when they tweaked the shaders for L4D2 in the drivers it doesn't know how to handle pure white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHNLFv78vlU

EDIT3: Fixed it with 11.11c by verifying the game files, so it probably applies to this driver as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
  17. Krasus

Krasus Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 1060 6GB
    ^Same thing for me. Especially when trying to play cryostasis, I have lots of a graphical problem around lights. ;/

18. mojoba

mojoba Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    I tried it with 11.11c and it introduced flickering and didn't seem as smooth as using 11.11c with CCaps v1.1 without using 4gb fix.

19. Ewilusz

Ewilusz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560gtx 1gb
    When using a shotgun with frag rounds in BF3, you get a blue flash when firing the gun with these drivers. Anyone else confirm this on their side?

20. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Nope. I don't get that happening.