AMD Big Navi Would Yield 40-50 percent more than the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 15, 2020.

1. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    No more, a lot of people will face reality. AMD undercuts Nvidia slightly, that's what they've been doing for years.

See people talking about AMD cards at half the price of Nvidia... ... I think in a fantasy world it´s possible.

Besides, we have to wait and see, there is always a lot of hype with each new AMD generation. It will always be the greatest thing in the world. Fury was going to be Titan Killer and the overclockers dream, Vega were the "Poor Volta" thing...

Let's wait and see.

And in my opinion, these rumors thrown into the air by random youtubers end up damaging AMD's image more than benefiting. People start to create an idea of what the product will be and then when it finally arrives, it disappoints, not because the product is bad, but because the expectations were unrealistic.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    Maddness and sbacchetta like this.
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Nvidia knows roughly where big navi will stand??

Sounds more like Nvidia leaked this , so when it comes out it will be a disappointment because it wont hit those numbers.

fantaskarsef and XenthorX like this.
  3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Thought I saw something else there than Disney...
    Painfully slow are some of the words mentioned in reviews.
    Probably more in the lines of 15-25% if they align with their current prices compared to team green, which still is a huge saving if the cards performs.

4. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Active Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1080ti
    If AMD start a price war against Nvidia, Nvidia will answer by lowering their price and in the end people will still buy Nvidia's card. AMD need some technical improvement that made them unreachable (like ryzen with MCM design and core count), until then they won't try undercutting Nvidia, because that will only lower their margin without any real raise in number of GPU sold.

5. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Light
    Had two 7970's back in the day, man were they amazing cards. That was a odd time when they actually aged like red wine, remember seeing patch notes for drivers with 40% or more improvement on FPS in some games. Was a crazy time. Don't really see that now.

nz3777 likes this.
  6. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Light
    Unsure what that person is on about, MSRP maybe was different but going by todays prices 2070 super is a good £100 more give or take some, with 5700XT going as low as £375 and the 2070super going for as low as £489, this is based off Scan prices. other shops might differ.

having a look at launch prices cant see much, maybe a £20 difference between them but with so many different models hard to 100% tell.

Here is me sitting with a 1080ti that already has 3 8 pins on :D

7. kanenas

kanenas Active Member

GPU:
    rtx 2070 aurus
    Screenshot (19).png Screenshot (20).png

chainy, chinobino and Fediuld like this.
  8. Vananovion

Vananovion Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX Vega 56
    How do you cool that :D? Kidding aside, 300W is usually THE "psychological limit". You can easily break that with overclocking on high-end cards, but usually a card that requires that amount of power out of the box is viewed as hugely inefficient. Although I might be old-fashioned with this opinion.

9. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Light
    Honestly the thing just doesn't get hot, any classic game won't even turn the fans on. And even the demanding games might get it to hit 60c, Think something like Metro exodus ultra might push it to 70c? maybe

Yeah you overclock anything stupidly and it breaks, just gotta be smart :p but think I can happily do 100Mhz extra on the core and 500Mhz on memory with no issues, can push core to about 130Mhz before I might start getting crashes. My card of course doesn't use the 3 8 pins fully, its more for if you wanted to overclock stupidly beyond the already overclocked default :D

10. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    It will be APU's. Super powerful APU's that game perfectly at 1080P, 2K and are acceptable at 4K. Nvidia cant do anything about it. If you get 2080 ti perf in an APU say in 3 years there will be very little dedicated GPU sales. Nvidia will have to full shift into AI / Datacenter which they are doing pretty darn well.

11. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 SUPER
    In such a case, we might see 3060 Nvidia card affordable. I hope with 2070Super in terms of Ray Tracing Performance and 10-15$ more raw performance around 300Euros/Dollars, that would incredible. And of course, instead of 6GB VRAM, I hope 8GB this time. If they give such a marvelous card, instant buy.

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I want benchmark and retail price for yesterday.

On a serious note, i have a hard time giving any credits to alledged leaked information when there's that much at stake for both those companies.

13. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    That's BS. AMD's new gen APU will be 40-50% faster than 2080ti. Big discrete Navi will be around 60-80% more powerful. :rolleyes:

14. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    If this is true great but remember the 2080Ti is almost 2 years old what would be great is 40% faster then a 3080Ti

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  15. Martin5000

Martin5000 Member

GPU:
    8 gig
    Micro stutter only happens when (gameworks) is in use that isn't AMD's fault.

16. Martin5000

Martin5000 Member

GPU:
    8 gig
    The Hype with AMD is to be ignored because it will only end with disappointment.

17. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Nah, he only looks prices at Overclockers UK, which are just fleecing people constantly with ridiculous prices citing all sorts of dubious reasons.

Undying likes this.
  18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    I agree completely and from a business stand point it makes sense to charge the higher prices. But it isn't what AMD should do and I don't think its what they will do.

The 1800X cost $499 at launch, its was up against the 6900K which was $999 (or more). If the logic we both agree on is put into place the 1800X should of cost the same price. But AMD couldn't do that as gaining market share and building a new public image and brand was their goal.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I think AMD are going all out with this. An attempt at the performance crown where even a very small lead over the 3080ti can be enough. Cost and power will not be an issue to them if they can seize the no.1 spot in GPU hierarchy.

Maddness likes this.
  20. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Looking forward to Navi 2X/3X, Ampere/Hopper.

Bring on the performance gains...

Maddness likes this.