AMD/ATI Radeon HD6800 XT (Northern Islands Next Generation ATIs GPUs) Rumour...

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by chispy, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Drazio

Drazio Banned

GPU:
    FVCKING
  2. Super XP

Super XP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6970
    HD 6900 = Hybrid Design = NI & Evergreen!

I really don't agree with AMD's changing the naming scheme, I think it's a big mistake and will cause customer confusion, but that is rumour. Another thing that is rumour is the rumoured fact the HD 6800 series will be based on Northern Islands and Evergreen.

If this is in fact true, that may very well explain the name change. Think about this for a sec? HD 6700 & HD 6800 is a modified HD 5800 with tweaks and such. The HD 6900's may very well be based on the Hybrid design NI & Evergreen combined :)

3. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    How can you agree or disagree without knowing the full GPU lineup?

It's just a lot of chatter for now. If they really screw the pooch on the naming scheme there will be plenty of time to slam them after the fact but until then people are just complaining to complain.

4. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 1080ti-XOC BIOS
    not to long ways to go, instead of questioning about performance,etc. Lets us wait until mista Hilbert(yours truly gets his nasty hands on it), very few to go so just wait please then we shall see.

This is the main reason why I am holding on a new gfx card, cause of theses new cards. I am waiting, also did you all know 5970 dropped in price big time, was 700+, now a lil over 500+ usd now. I would wait, prices on the 5 series are going down.

5. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Where? I just checked amazon, newegg, and tigerdirect and prices haven't budged.

6. oMVo

oMVo Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6970
    cheapest 5970 at newegg.com is 599.99 still 500+ =p but they have gone down a little bit.

7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 1060 6gb
    Love your prices guys ...

HD5970 cheapest here is 670$.

8. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 1080ti-XOC BIOS

I see the amount of 5970 selection is also reduced, its gone now buddie.

I think it was like 519.99. its no longer there, there were more 5970 selection when I last checked, but after you told me where, I guess they took it down, oh well now.

Was debating then, then I said nah, I am going to wait how the 6XXX series perform, I said hold off, maybe price will go down more, oops its gone now.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  9. Super XP

Super XP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6970
    It's wonderful to continue seeing rip-off prices for the HD 5970. That is what I call healthy business ;), it sort of makes you feel as though AMD is not releasing the high end just yet, just so they can milk the HD 5870 & HD 5970 further, hence the reason why they plan on calling the HD 6770 a HD 6870.

Nothing but customer confusion :biggun:

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    Aaaaand still no release date for the 6770... I mean 6870 (lol) even though the original set date was yesterday. Something funky is going down at the dark labs of AMD. Either that or the jerkoff partners of AMD have asked them to delay sales by several weeks so they can try to clear out their stocks of dogsh1t video cards no one wants.

Off topic: FFS why is sh1t still censored on this forum?

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    Why do you have to be so vulgar?

12. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    thats the in thing nowdays and the mods do nothing to stop it ;)

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't think he has to be vulgar, he chooses to be.

Saying that don't know why he is waiting for a 6770, even if they exist which we hear they don't, it would probably be a sidegrade anyway.

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    What is this, trial or something? Jerkoffs would be quite an apt description and as polite as possible. If you think I'm vulgar you should see the rest of the internet.

If the 6770/6870 (whatever they decide to call it) really is more powerful than the 5850 that's a decent upgrade, not a sidegrade.

15. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    and that is aimed at ?

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    Companies which would delay technology for their own gain. Such as pressuring AMD to delay release dates so they can clear their stock as I said before... not that I can say that is what happened in this case. I've just been told on numerous occasions that it has happened.

Edit: And you complaining of language, you got your wish, a warning is now on my record. I see it shows it right on the bottom of the post.

17. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Official date have never been annonced... rumors was give the 12th, then the 18-19 .. now it's 22th if im right ... ( AMD had 2 big convention, one for CPU the 12/10 and one for GPU division the 18-19th, they have annonce to make only one bigger convention then.. Peoples have just think it was the right date.)

No one want thoses cards ? more of 80% of the DX11 gpu's sold this year are AMD cards ... ( so far, on sept 2010... ) .. And i m not really sure the end of the year will really benefit to Nvidia (GTX460 will stay a good bang for buck cards )

For make you an idea and without search the complete numbers, you just have to watch on Steam survey or other "site" who show the gpu's type used : 83% of DX11 cards in Steam survey are HD5K series... ( to take ofc with a grain of salt, it's steam, but it seems thoses numbers are close to the official sell numbers and other site numbers who show 85-90% for AMD in DX11 cards)... Hopefully Nvidia have start take back some % till june with GTX460 ( 5% )....

Fermi have been released in April, GTX460 in June .... it look like the arrival of Nvidia in the market have not really change the thing... ( but i believe they have a good product there, and they will continue to increase their market share with them ...)

Let's hope 2011 will be a better years in the market for Nvidia .... They was late, they was able to show only 2 products on launch ( GTX480-470 ), thoses cards was cost too much ( high end it's normal), Many peoples who was waiting the GTX4xx release for make a choice, without seeing middle range cards have goes to 5830-5850 or 5770 cards.

Maybe if nvidia have got the GTX460 at same time of the GTX480-470, things will have be completely different. It's bad cause Nvidia know the middle range cards are their 1st market ... 8800GT, GTX260 etc etc.. Don't have any product ready 8 months after AMD have release a complete 5K series was a big big problem.

( It's not a troll against Nvidia, personnally i don't care who sell the more cards)

18. *Bio*

*Bio* Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 6620G
    Heres a nice pic

[​IMG]

19. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol what now there's 1120sp instead of 960sp on Barts XT?

im still betting on 1920sp for Cayman XT though :nerd: