1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Announces Ryzen 7 3700X, 3800X and Ryzen 9 3900X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2019.

1. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Strix
    I would be concerned about the gpu more than the cpu. The i7 8700k is a good cpu and will remain a good one for a while. Overpriced yeah probably but still a good one. The 1070 is not a great card if you plan to play at 2k144Hz or 4k. Considering the price difference between the 1070 and the 1080/Vega 64 and the lack of a clear equally priced upgrade path within the RTX lineup i must say the 1080 was a far better purchase for anyone not playing at 1080p60. I have buyer remorse about the 1070 i bought that's for sure.

2. Ricardo

Ricardo Active Member

GPU:
    1050Ti 4GB
    While I agree with your point, AMD has been quiet precise reporting zen's performance from the start. So, even if it varies a bit, I think those claims are pretty reliable.

Luc likes this.
  3. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    Why do people always claim healthcare is free in Canada ? It used to be, 20 years ago. These days, only certain things are 100 percent covered under our medicare system, while others we have to pay the cost out of pocket. Also, many medications are only covered up to X amount of the med or drug needed. After this you pay for any additional medication 100 percent out of pocket. Other things are only partially covered. Healthcare is not even close to free here in Canada anymore.

4. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Oh man, you need to work out what ipc really means rather than continuing to create your own definition for it! Your CPU is a good gaming CPU for sure, we should probably leave it there, leave your misguided ipc musings aside.

5. Luc

Luc Member

GPU:
    RX 480 | Gt 710
    I think so.

Another interesting thing about todays presentation, is that they are comparing stock performances, and R7 3700x with 16 threads vs. i7 9700K 8 threads, shown equal single core performance, but only a 28% more in multi-thread. That means two things:

- AMD's boost 4.4 GHz performs the same as Intel's boost 4.9 GHz.
    - R7 3700x must run at lower cycles on all cores, maybe basic 3.6 GHz, to keep its TPD at 65W, on par with R5 3600.

We still must wait until reviews show real OC potential, but it could end in a performance tie between the chip-makers, if AMD weren't cheaper, safer, cooler, futurer-proofer, moar-corer, etceterer :p

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    HandR, Arbie, AsiJu and 1 other person like this.
  6. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Naaa, you'll be fine, you don't really need a better CPU than an overclocked 8700K for gaming, even high refresh rate gaming. I suppose it's not quite as future proof as a 9900K, but not by much, stick with it I'd say.

7. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    Oh dat 3900X looks great

8. buhehe

buhehe Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X Vapor-X
    Dude how dare you? He has the bestest IPC at STOCK. He is watercooled.
    And if you even try to argue, guess what - he's gonna OC and bring that IPC up at least like 20%. Like the fastest-est, betterer you've ever seen.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  9. asturur

asturur Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    i knew people would complain somehow.
    Those cpu looks great.
    Amd is the first to deliver pcie4, while it had always followed the market, for this single time is leading it a bit with 7nm, pcie4 and lot of cache for the cpus.

Prices are completely OK and leaks were leaks/speculations, what did you expect?

I'll try to get the 3900x as soon as i know how much can i get on a x470 about ram speed and if i can use new pcie4 nvme disks.

Luc, Koniakki and AsiJu like this.
  10. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    I am so looking forward to getting myself a 3700X - my i5 4690k is quite simply, pathetic in comparison now :D I am absolutely excited!

11. asturur

asturur Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    If it does not beat intel in fps, is still a damn great cpu as the 2700x

12. karma777police

karma777police Active Member

GPU:
    What a boring release...third Zen generation just to see AMD CPUs matching Intel performance at best in cinebench which we do not play. Big yawn really.

typhon6657 likes this.
  13. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    Maybe I will be able to get a 9900k for a cheaper price once these bad boys hit the market! I am really excited for what AMD is doing here, gotta love that competition. Can't wait for the Guru3D review!

typhon6657 likes this.
  14. Luc

Luc Member

GPU:
    RX 480 | Gt 710
    Well, Intel needed to make a decision between adding cores or pushing the cycles, because they can't go higher in both at the same time, even they've reached their top individually, now they can only squeeze few MHz or "glue" some cores. They need something really new.

AMD looks the opposite, like they can continue improving their achitecture with a solid roadmap.

Anyway, everything can always change and Jim Keller had not enough time yet.

Kaarme likes this.
  15. waltc3

waltc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    It's especially a big "yawn" [not] when we see Intel reacting to AMD's presentation by comparing one of their $35,000 48-core Xeon systems to AMD's $999 64-core TR. Now, that's what I call desperate--Intel is actually very funny these days--you can tell they aren't used to this at all...;)

16. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    It's boring for you because you don't understand the challenge of offering the same performance for a cheaper price, yet still making a reasonable amount of profit. Most of us do understand it, though, because Guru3D is frequented by people with more than average amount of PC hardware knowledge and, from what I've seen, general knowledge of the wider world as well.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Don't forget we have the bestest IPC here too xD!

Also my 1600 will become a 3800X very likely this year. Or maybe even a 3900X... depends on tax refund I think.

Ricardo, Kaarme and Luc like this.
  18. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    "reasonable amount of profit".... please share this info you have. And no benchmarks...oh but "same performance". And let me guess your one of the "more than average"

Unless you plan to run that game at 1080P.. as you get higher the GPU now comes in to play. So unless the Ryzen 3900 does allot better than I9 9900k ..so far all AMD has done is play catch-up. The I9 came out in Aug-Sept 2018? Its almost June. This is all great.. all this helps keep prices down...unless they some how work together ;)

19. narukun

narukun Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    I can't wait to see the differences between the 3700X and 3800X, hopefully the 3800X will overclock better, I'm looking forward to that one.

20. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Also lets not forget:

First 1GHz cpu
    First 5GHz cpu
    First pseudo-8core
    First true 8core cpu
    First 7nm gpu

And now first 7nm Pci-E 4.0 cpus which results with us having the first motherboards with Pci-4 support.

Also referring to the mainstream market/consumer segment.

thesebastian likes this.