AMD Announces Ryzen 7 3700X, 3800X and Ryzen 9 3900X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2019.

1. thunder9

thunder9 Active Member

GPU:
    1070 TI
    Also, amazon doesn't have free returns. Any item with free returns says it on the product page, which those cpus do not. Not even sure if they can be returned, for that matter, but probably.

2. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    For fucks sake, dude. Do you want to update the BIOS on your B450 board to the latest ? Well, buy this CPU from Amazon, update your BIOS with it installed, and then return it !!!!! Amazon has free return shipping. They email you a shipping label to return any item for free. In the end, it will cost you nothing after you get a refund back. What is wrong with you ?

https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Desktop-...ds=ryzen+1200&qid=1559682277&s=gateway&sr=8-1

3. thunder9

thunder9 Active Member

GPU:
    1070 TI
    Nah. It's not always free returns. Also, if you posted that suggestion some places, people would be lecturing you. I was just researching where I could return one and on reddit everyone is going on and on about how unethical it is to return a used cpu to amazon. :p

So hopefully someone will answer me... Surely AMD wouldn't send a cpu that requires your own cooler when they know themselves that the new cpus ,made by THEM, have coolers already. They can't assume ALL will use an aftermarket cooler, or they'd not even be including one at all.

4. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    You have already been given a solution. Amazon will return the CPU for free. You are ignoring the answers. There is a reason why people are not responding. You continue to ask questions that you don't need to ask. There is no point in me saying anything else now.

5. thunder9

thunder9 Active Member

GPU:
    1070 TI
    lol. yeah that is the only solution... cheat Amazon. So much easier than answering the question as to whether the kit sent form the OFFICIAL free way of updating it will have a cooler or not. Your answer on RAM isn't correct, either. Some do still have issues even on ryzen 2 with Samsung b die. It's not any guarantee that it works.

6. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    How are you cheating Amazon by returning a CPU ? Cheating them would be buying something, and then returning a different and cheaper product back in its place. Amazon will return any CPU you buy from them that is either sold directly by them, or if it is sold by a third party party seller on Amazon who has the order "fulfilled by amazon". If you don't want to use that easy option to get the board updated, that is up to you. You keep asking questions over and over again when you already have an easy solution.

7. thunder9

thunder9 Active Member

GPU:
    1070 TI
    I keep asking for someone else to answer. You already gave your opinion. That's a bigger hassle (and risk, as they can ban you, as mentioned on reddit, and as they have done to me before for too many returns). You can keep saying how dumb thw question is all you want, but it's the official way to update them, as both asus and amd told me.

8. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    It's not really cheating, it's just exercising your rights. On ram, yeah, you're right.

9. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    That's because the answer was already provided. Seriously, Amazon's return policies are extremely friendly, and as long as you return the product as is, there is no harm. Returning one product in good condition isn't going to get you banned.

Furthermore, AMD's boot kit is for those people who bought a CPU with a board that doesn't work because of an outdated BIOS. In other words, it's for those who already have a CPU cooler (either with the CPU or third-party) so providing a cooler with the boot kit is unnecessary.

You are seriously overthinking this situation and panicking for no real reason.

10. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Just get a new x570 mobo and sell yours....problem solved.

Fox2232 likes this.

11. thunder9

thunder9 Active Member

GPU:
    1070 TI
    1. don't need to sell it. It can be returned still.

2. I am not going to spend what a x570 costs and asus claims they haven't shipped out any x470s or b450s that already have the needed BIOS.

3. you few friends of the guy who is always arguing with people don't feel it's cheating them, but, as I said, about everyone on reddit was saying it does and that it causes prices to go up.

4. if cpus come with the cooler already attached, then yes it does make sense to send a cooler So you're saying someone should be expected to take off the attached cooler (I haven't built before, so no idea about this, but I assume you'd have to use something to break it loose), connect the cooler to the cpu they sent out, AGAIN take it apart, then reattach it to the original again? Sounds like a big ordeal to me.

As I already said, part of why I even went with amd was where I wouldn't have to fool with thermal paste, hoping I did it correctly, etc... The more you do yourself, the more a manufacturer can insist you are why a part stopped working.

12. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    Honestly, thunder9, I dont think you should be doing anything inside of a computer. You are confused beyond belief, and you don't listen. That combination is just an accident waiting to happen. On top of that, you dismiss and disagree with all of the answers given by all of us advanced users on the guru3d forum. I get customers like this quite often. They ask for an appropriate solution to an issue, and I give them the answer. They will then dismiss and question everything, yet they know nothing about the subject at hand. Again, just buy that CPU at Amazon and update your BIOS with it installed, and then return it for a refund. If you can't handle installing it, then look on youtube for an install video that shows you how. If this is still beyond your ability, then get a friend with a better understanding of PC hardware and installations to do it for you.

airbud7 likes this.
  13. thunder9

thunder9 Active Member

GPU:
    1070 TI
    I knew someone would give that type of dumb response about not building. lol. Guess what? I'm going to do this thing called read up and watch vids like everyone else does the first time building. (which you even then mentioned, I see, at the end of your post, so you made no sense giving the insult at the beginning).

For the millionth time, there are many who DON'T agree with you that it should be done that way. I never said I would not be one who would do that method. HOWEVER, it's still more IDEAL to do it the right way, rather than cheating amazon and having to pay return shipping that you keep saying won't be charged.

the only thing I "didn't listen" to was that it must be done ONLY the one way you say, whereas the companies say to do it with a kit amd sends out. So go tell asus and amd they're dumb.

14. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    Wow, what is wrong with this guy, seriously ? I am putting you on ignore. I can't tolerate anymore of this crap.

airbud7 likes this.
  15. thunder9

thunder9 Active Member

GPU:
    1070 TI
    lol. Something is wrong with me because I was trying to do what the manufacturers TOLD me to do. So deserving of an add to ignore. haha. The majority elsewhere disagree with the few here saying to use amazon. You've gotta be mighty childish to insult someone for an opinion that is shared 50/50. This isn't one of those one right answer situations like you few insulting me are pretending.

16. thunder9

thunder9 Active Member

GPU:
    1070 TI
    Regardless of all of that, first thing I need to do is be sure which mobo I even want. Even though my parts show as no issues on pcpartpicker, who knows what all it checks... I am wondering if I should not even be attempting an itx build.

If I were to change my mind on that mobo and return it, I'd probably wait for another deal on the x470-f.... but then that limits the second ssd to 3.0x2, unlike my current one, which has both at 3.0x4.

17. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700 XT GOC 8G
    Actually if you have a good reputation with them and buy a lot from amazon and never complain you can get a refund without returning the item. I was able to get one by providing pictures of the broken item only. You have to work for it a little bit but it can be done.

18. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    You probably should not have said that, MonstroMart. That is going to set off thunder9 all over again.

airbud7 likes this.
  19. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    hahaha....airbud gets beer and popcorn...

[​IMG]

:D

20. thunder9

thunder9 Active Member

GPU:
    1070 TI
    Poor dw75. He was talking about a broken part. Only way that is unethical is if he lied and showed some other part of the same type. Too bad d75 can't read or he'd see where people on reddit have said people do get banned for too many returns. Also, I have been banned there myself and had to convince them to undo it.