AMD announces Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB at 479 USD, launches on March 18th

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Well, it's a smaller die so yields will be better - how many wafers did AMD secure for this chip? Who knows...

The price for the 6700XT should be around £420 (current exchange rate with 20% VAT added). I think this is a reasonable price when you consider the die is a similar size to that of Vega VII which had a $700 MSRP it sold for between £600-£700 here (of course it had HBM hence it's much higher price).

Judging from how the rest of the 6x00 series have sold, AIBs are going to be charging at least £550 for this new card.. The 6800 and the XT are going from at least £650 and that was before the scalpers and miners took all the stock away (which have since driven the prices up even more) so best bet will be to buy direct from AMD, at least in the UK. Overclockers have been awful with their prices and while this is speculation, I believe they've been selling directly to miners, it is after all no secret that their community forums have a very active mining community. CCL have been at least very fair in giving consumers the chance to purchase products but alas their prices reflect supply and demand so their prices have also been awful and Scan... Well... Never seen stock there at all so... Can't really comment.

I hope the 6700XT will be a worthwhile product

Kevin Mauro and DannyD like this.
  2. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
    Come to think of it, I feel for upgrading but I won't pay more for a product than I did for 5700 and lose memory bandwidth with an upgrade, even though it has the infinity cache which likely makes it faster at 1440p. Well, then there's VR as well to take into account.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  3. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Well Samsung has a fab down in Texas at the moment...

EDIT: sorry if someone brought this up already I just woke up guys (it's the weekend eh)

• So I bought a RX 6800 XT initially and my order was confirmed
    • Then I'm waiting waiting wating
    • I check back in without being alerted just because I'm like they billed me a grand but no word
    • Order is old hold (despite at time purchased after being advertised as in stock & charged)
    • lol I said no worries its life is what it is they refund me we cancel the order & Im back to square one
    • hmmm so I go on eBay and peruse (spelling?) oh well... I peruse around... find a listing says "buy my 2070 super" I will give it to you plus my evga account which has the super enrolled in step up for a 3080....
    • Huh - not bad I think. Not bad at all sounds fishy as hell to me because of all the scalping on eBay right now and I'm thinking I'll probably be sent sand not to mention they are only charging $835.00
    • I bought it and it turned out to be legit... I now got this 2070 Super, original shipping OEM packaging etc Super FTW3 under my info enrolled in step up for a RTX 3080 Super FTW3.
    • Not too concerned on the timing as it will be a while I know this for certain but hey.. kinda cool and at least I have a nice gaming card to hold me over now considering the rest of my machine always was good specs but I had no GPU....

So yeah... COVID been a weird time to build a PC hah man so weird I had this completely build PC computer that could game in theory minus one part and it was stuck that way for over half a year (maybe more)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  4. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    He's right 100%. Your mockery is meaningless.

5. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    The deficit increased under Obama where the hell do you get your figures?

6. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Guys, no politics please, don't want this thread to be locked

Undying likes this.
  7. AuerX

AuerX Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080
    Dumb, deaf and blind.
    Sucks to get old.

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    All of you need to calm it down, don't bring politics into this, don't act like children, and get back on topic.

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    At present exchange rate, I'd paid 1320USD for my Nitro+ RX 6900XT, a smidgen above the RTX 2080 Ti I'd paid for at launch of the latter (basically, the most I'd ever paid for, for a GPU).

I'd believed myself to be crazy to pony up that amount for a single GPU, but I'm too much of an AMD guy to pass on the RX 6900 XT (had an RX 6800 before it, but wanted (not needed) the best) which is the best that AMD has to offer.

Looking at the price of the Nitro+ RX 6900 XT now in my neck of the woods, I'm taken aback because price of the RX6800 series and the RX 6900 XT are going up higher and higher. Heck, my card is a locally distributed card covered with local warranty, the price of imported (hence, no warranty except for the US/Canada) RX 6800 XT are edging closer and closer to the price I'd paid for my RX 6900 XT

As price stands right now, only about 100SUD separates the two, with locally distributed 6800 XT's being priced near what I'd paid for my RX 6900 XT at the beginning of the year. I don't expect the RX 6700 XT to be sold at MSRP (other than AMD ones), the AIB cards would prolly go for 550-600USD (or *gasps* even higher!) easily enough. COVID-19 and the worldwide shortage of chips has brought about a strange new reality, that's all I can say on this.

10. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Yeah don't be political - that's childish. I think you can go be political on Anand or Reddit...

11. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Quick question folks, what time will the 6700XT go live on sale? I'm going to try my hands at picking one up direct from AMD, I'll no doubt have to be quick before all the stock disappears, but before I do that, reckon it will be worth it upgrading from a Fury?

12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    You have better chance at local store than direct from AMD in my opinion. All my friends got GPUs on launch day from stores. Next day you can't buy anything.

13. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Covid so it's all online here anyway but CCL and Overclockers are charging way over MSRP for new releases. I'll be trying the moment things go live but as to my other question, will it be worth it to upgrade from my Fury?

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    It would be mind blowing upgrade from the Fury. I'll be also trying to find one but i dont think we will, atleast not for any normal price.

Truder likes this.
  15. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Are you serious? Thrice the frames of fury it shall give. Huge difference. :eek: Also three times the vram. All X(3).

Fox2232 likes this.

16. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    I was just thinking back to the likes of Vega which would have been a marginal upgrade for me (at the price it was at the time).

Do we have a time for when the sales go live? My googling suggests it's 14:00 GMT (UTC)?

17. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Some posts were deleted, politics.

JAMVA likes this.
  18. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    This one does feel like a nice upgrade for me:
    - More than 50% extra performance compared to my current card
    - 50% more RAM, so a bit of future proofing
    - HDMI 2.1 to play on TV with 120Hz
    - Has Raytracing to try things out (not expecting any fantastic performance out of it, just to see how it looks)

I would pay 500 (maybe 550) Euro for it.
    More ? Nope, no way, I'd rather wait.

Hopefully the 4.5 years old GTX 1080 holds on a little longer...

19. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Oh man, night and day difference dude! I'd moved from my PowerColor VEGA64 Red Devil to an RX 6800 originally and the difference was amazing, suddenly, games I play regularly (like Metro Exodus, Gears of War 1 and 5, Serious Sam 3 and 4, etc) can be play at higher ingame setting with max or near max eye candy and the framerate was higher!

While the jump from your Fury to the RX 6700XT would not be that eye popping, it'd still be a hella jump in performance. Keeping my fingers crossed for you when launch day comes, dude!:) And COVID-19 has brought about a new and strange reality to all our lives....:mad:

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have feeling that someone who plays on Fury X even today may have 1080p or 1440p at max.
    I can afford quite some downsampling with 1080p again.
    5700 XT was optimal with 1440p for average gamer who wanted just 60+ FPS. 6700 XT will do same thing for current new games. IT may provide 20~30% extra performance due to clock and architecture improvements.