AMD Announces Radeon RX 5600 XT 6GB at 279 USD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    2060 was selling along with 2060S not that anyway cared at that price point.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Rich_Guy edited his post so now it looks like I'm just saying something obvious xD

3. Wolter

Wolter New Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX Vega 56

Well you found a very a-typical testresult. In general Vega 56 beats 1660 ti with approximately a 15 to 20 percent margin.When tweaked it equals vega 64 results while using less power.

It's an rtx 2060 opponent not 1660 ti.

It's a rly fast card that growls and wines brutally at me every time it faces graphics. It was love at first sight. Took me weeks to make it run normally which made our love grow even further. Love built to last. If it doesn't die someday soon of course. ;)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I didn't cherry pick anything, that's straight from this very website @Wolter

5. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Those benchmarks are flavoring particular situations, vendors and hardware versions. Idiotic metrics to be honest, pointless. That's why they are abandoned after years from many users. Move on.

Websites just need to fill some pages, real life situation though, gaming is what defines PRICING.

6. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    That's some pretty heavy accusations tbh. Who's abandoning benchmarks? Games are the one's with biased results, sometimes favoring certain hardware simply because they paid for the optimization.
    Testing is important. You can benchmark games as well, in the guru3d 1660 Ti review performance favors the Vega 56 in a few key titles. Most are ties. But they are very similar GPU's. Having the edge though is not enough to save the Vega 56, the 1660 Ti already is a pretty bad card for value as this thread already pointed out. Better off with the 1660 Super over both of them and save some money.
    You can pull extra performance from the Vega 56, which should help it truly pull ahead. But were talking beyond a normal overclock, editing powerplay tables isn't something you should buy a GPU for unless you simply enjoy that.
    You're looking at a lot of heat, power, and noise to get something that almost performs as well as a stock Vega 64. If that was your performance goal, you're much better off getting this new 5600 XT (probably, wait for reviews) or certainly the new EVGA 2060 KO.

7. Wolter

Wolter New Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX Vega 56
    I think this site has been flawless benching hardware for as long as i remember. I think you know i didnt question any test result on guru3d. What I am saying is that all testresults combined show a different view on the situation than this single one. That doesnt tell me crap about you or guru3d. It tells me the 1660ti is no competition for a vega 56 card when it comes to producing fps in 3d games.

I even showed to be no vega fanboy by adressing some negative aspects of it. The card is a living (well if you're lucky ;)) legend because there is nothing like it. lets hope the 5600xt is a durable card that isnt so buggy and feels so experimental.

8. Wolter

Wolter New Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX Vega 56
    [QUOTE="If that was your performance goal, you're much better off getting this new 5600 XT (probably, wait for reviews) or certainly the new EVGA 2060 KO.[/QUOTE]

I agree buying a gtx 2060 is a better idea than buying a vega or 1660ti.Only decide otherwise when the 2060 isnt possible budget-wise. I feel the 5600xt isnt a bad buy I just dont like its small mem bus and its 6gb.Its unnecessary and it feels like making concessions that should give you the luxury image of the green team. I love AMD but this card shows arrogance they never used to have. Lets hope this isnt the result of their success lately. That would make them lose some of the like-factor that makes them stay alive even in bad times.